Post a reply

Re: The Snooker Seniors

Postby chengdufan

I wouldn't have minded having a gander at Knowles and Chaperon, but their matches start a bit too late for me.

Tomorrow's early game is Morgan v Wallace, hardly one to get the pulse racing.

I think I'll watch Ahmed Aly v Wayne Cooper as I've never seen either of them play. Cooper is at 446th on my all-time ranking list, below Harvey Chandler and above Vinnie Calabrese. That doesn't offer much hope, but you never know.
I wonder if Aces has played with Aly? He surely knows a bit about him.

Postby SteveJJ

Johnny Bravo wrote:It would be funny if Ronnie decided to participate in this. :chuckle:

He'll have to drop out of the top 64 first. Might be a while!

Postby BringBackTonyDrago

SteveJJ wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:It would be funny if Ronnie decided to participate in this. :chuckle:

He'll have to drop out of the top 64 first. Might be a while!

I remember when that wasn’t a rule lol.

Postby Yanfan

Great crowd. :john:

OK. I'm off out bass fishing. Hopefully I should be back by midnight, just in time to catch the start of the Bob Chaperon V Philip Williams match. :chuckle:

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:This match sucks.

I'm not wataching.

I am a little bit but I fell asleep during the first frame.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:This match sucks.

I'm not wataching.

I am a little bit but I fell asleep during the first frame.

rofl

Should tour players still be allowed to play ? Or is 45 too young for the senior tour ? Maybe it should be 50 and over ? Or even 55? When I think of seniors I want to see some classic players not these lower card drop off players that I don’t care emotionally about.

I would love to see this line up of 16 players

Jimmy White
Stephen Hendry
John Parrot
Nigel Bond
Steve Davis
Tony Drago
James Wattana
Kirk Stevens
Ken Doherty
Darren Morgan
Alan McManus
Peter Ebdon
Fergal O’brien
Anthony Hamilton
Cliff Thorburn

Yes only 15 players I think the winner from previous tournament should always have a buy into the second round.

That would be such a cute line up. It could be seeded 1-8. 1 being the winner from previous tournament and 2-7 based on total career prize money when they played. The next 8 would be in the draw to play against 2-7.

Obviously the same players wouldn’t enter every year but I think the list I chose would be interesting.

Any opinions on this lol. Just for conversation :)

To add to what I said above the senior tour could be based on the prize money they earn for seeding over two seasons instead of total career prize money lol.

I think the seniors should do the worlds , UK, shoot-out (that would be fun) and could do it as a group format of four groups of four with the top two going into the quarter finals. Also Scottish and Welsh open should be involved too. Along with English open. Nice little six tournament for the seniors to get involved with.

Postby Juddernaut88

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:Should tour players still be allowed to play ? Or is 45 too young for the senior tour ? Maybe it should be 50 and over ? Or even 55? When I think of seniors I want to see some classic players not these lower card drop off players that I don’t care emotionally about.

I would love to see this line up of 16 players

Jimmy White
Stephen Hendry
John Parrot
Nigel Bond
Steve Davis
Tony Drago
James Wattana
Kirk Stevens
Ken Doherty
Darren Morgan
Alan McManus
Peter Ebdon
Fergal O’brien
Anthony Hamilton
Cliff Thorburn

Yes only 15 players I think the winner from previous tournament should always have a buy into the second round.

That would be such a cute line up. It could be seeded 1-8. 1 being the winner from previous tournament and 2-7 based on total career prize money when they played. The next 8 would be in the draw to play against 2-7.

Obviously the same players wouldn’t enter every year but I think the list I chose would be interesting.

Any opinions on this lol. Just for conversation :)

I think that would be a great idea <ok> I doubt Steve Davis would ever return though unfortunately.