Post a reply

Hong Kong Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 6th - Sunday 9th of October at the Hong Kong Coliseum, Hong Kong

This Event was last played for in 2017 But it has History dating back to 1983 and won by Doug Mountjoy Other Winners Steve Davis twice, Terry Griffiths, Willie Thorne, Jimmy White, James Wattana, Stephen Hendry and last time Neil Robertson.

There was a staggering 26 years Between Stephen Hendry Winning in 1991 and Neil Robertson in 2017.

Neil Robertson is in the Draw Again playing New Star Zhao Xintong until Covid hysterics again so Now its Mark Williams and Hong Kong's Ng On Yee has the Massive task of taking on Ronnie O'Sullivan

Who will reach the Semi Finals?

DRAW

Quarter Finals
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ng On Yee Never played before
Neil Robertson v Mark J Williams Robertson leads 19-6
---------------------------------------------------------
Mark Selby v Marco Fu Selby leads 13-5
Judd Trump v John Higgins Higgins leads 22-20

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Hong Kong Masters Quarter Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:Should be a decent tournament. The final only being a bo11 kinda leaves a bad mark though.

Yeah.

The afternoon session is some exhibition match thing, innit?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:It will feel weird watching snooker very early in the morning. It's been 3 years since I last experienced that.

Wild Covid post in 3,2,1.....

Ill Give it a chance

But won't be watching if there's Virtue signalling pointless crap with Masks or other rubbish

(Did not want to disappoint SF)

Postby McManusFan

TheRocket wrote:Trump won his last 10 matches against Higgins if you include the CL. 7 without CL.

What a turnaround after Higgins was owning him non stop.

Yep, it's been a brutal few years.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:Trump won his last 10 matches against Higgins if you include the CL. 7 without CL.

Higgins is an old man now. They can't all be like Ronnie. Prime Higgins would still own Judd.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:

Higgins is an old man now. They can't all be like Ronnie. Prime Higgins would still own Judd.

to be fair to Trump he played the match of his life in the 2019 WC final so there wasnt much any version of Higgins could have done but in general I agree that prime Higgins would win most matches no doubt.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

to be fair to Trump he played the match of his life in the 2019 WC final so there wasnt much any version of Higgins could have done but in general I agree that prime Higgins would win most matches no doubt.

Judd was indeed unbelievably good in that match, but prime Higgins would have had a different aura about him and I don't know if Judd would have been capable of playing like that if it was prime Higgins. Maybe he would have, because Judd was indeed great. But as you say, most of the other matches I'm pretty sure prime Higgins would have won.

Postby Iranu

I think prime Higgins vs prime Judd would be fairly even throughout their careers, actually. Higgins would probably have the edge but not by all that much.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:We could have Judd vs Selby in the semi final so that means one of them will lose in the quarter final!

That is dead certain lol

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:Enjoyed my weekend in Milton Keynes.

Maybe I should go to Hong Kong.

I went there 3-4 years ago during the troubles, bit scary, not sure what it’s like now. (Was great when I went there 30 odd years ago.)

Postby TheRocket

its such a shame that the final is only bo11. The atmosphere the last time they played was unbelievable, better than the Masters. This tournament deserves a two session final.

But now it feels more like a tin pot event.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:its such a shame that the final is only bo11. The atmosphere the last time they played was unbelievable, better than the Masters. This tournament deserves a two session final.

But now it feels more like a tin pot event.

Better than Milton Keynes?

Postby HappyCamper

xhao xintong has withdrawn due to a positive sars-cov-2 test. he will be replaced my mark j williams who will play neil robertson, based on the world rankings at the conclusion of this year's world championships.

the higgins v trump match brought forward to the thursday evening session.

Postby Wildey

Who gives a toss if your positive or not anymore its so outdated pointless rubbish now