Post a reply

European Masters Draw

Postby chengdufan

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?event=1267

There are 119 pros and 9 amateur top-ups in the draw.

The 12 missing pros:
Neil Robertson
Ding Junhui
Liang Wenbo
Fergal O'Brien
Allan Taylor
Jamie O'Neill
Igor Figueiredo
Muhammad Asif
Victor Sarkis
Dechawat Poomjaeng
Asjad Iqbal
Mohamed Ibrahim

Stephen Hendry has entered and has drawn Mark Joyce. It's one of the easier draws he could have been given, but I think it highly unlikely he'll win.

The 4 top seeds have their qualifying matches held over to the main event:
Fan Zhengyi (1) v Michael Judge
Ronnie O'Sullivan (2) v Sean O'Sullivan
Judd Trump (3) v Noppon Saengkham
Mark Selby (4) v Yuan Sijun

Re: European Masters Draw

Postby snoopy2608

not surprised by Ding and Robbo.

Hoping Ding will be back for British Open qualies (does anyone know if he will)

so no-one from Asian Q school has entered - are they having visa or funding issues?

Postby chengdufan

snoopy2608 wrote:not surprised by Ding and Robbo.

so no-one from Asian Q school has entered - are they having visa or funding issues?

Himanshu Jain is in the draw.

I assume it's funding issues for Asif and Iqbal.

Poomjaeng... Hard to say. I'm not convinced he's bothered about playing on the pro tour. Could be wrong though.

Postby TheRocket

possible Ron vs Hendry in the 2nd round but I think Joyce will spoil the party. He is a solid player.

Postby SnookerFan

Why has Ding withdrawn? You'd think he'd go anywhere in the world for a ranking point at the moment.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:possible Ron vs Hendry in the 2nd round but I think Joyce will spoil the party. He is a solid player.

That would be awesome but yeah Joyce is a good player on his day.

And Ronnie plays his namesake Sean O'Sullivan.

Postby D4P

Andre147 wrote:And Ronnie plays his namesake Sean O'Sullivan.

With GOAT* status at stake

*Greatest O'Sullivan of All Time

Postby lhpirnie

SnookerFan wrote:

Why has Ding withdrawn? You'd think he'd go anywhere in the world for a ranking point at the moment.

Quite the opposite. He's clearly given up on chasing ranking points.

Actually, Ding did win a tournament today in Xi'an, a teams event (with Fan Zhengyi and Mei Xiwen - a pretty strong team!). He'll be returning to the UK on 8th August.

Postby SnookerFan

lhpirnie wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Quite the opposite. He's clearly given up on chasing ranking points.

Sounds like he's given up a bit. :sad:

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:possible Ron vs Hendry in the 2nd round but I think Joyce will spoil the party. He is a solid player.

Stephen is a unknown Quantity the ability is there, the question is dedication to practice that's been lacking in his so called comeback.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

Stephen is a unknown Quantity the ability is there, the question is dedication to practice that's been lacking in his so called comeback.

Let's be real here, Hendry could practice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it will not make a jot of difference. Ronnie will smash him easily.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Let's be real here, Hendry could practice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and it will not make a jot of difference. Ronnie will smash him easily.

He is not playing Ronnie is he cretin

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Wildey wrote:

He is not playing Ronnie is he cretin

I was referring to the possible 2nd Rd match. But yeah, let's be real, Joyce will smash him too even if Hendry practices every second of every day until they play. <laugh>

Postby Cloud Strife

Hendry's entire comeback has been a massive embarrassment. No other way to describe it.

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Hendry's entire comeback has been a massive embarrassment. No other way to describe it.

Hes obviously not taken it seriously, pity you have <doh>

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Hendry's entire comeback has been a massive embarrassment. No other way to describe it.

I've not taken it seriously at all. In fact, I've had a good laugh watching Hendry trying and failing to be a professional snooker player these last couple of seasons.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

Isn’t the fact that he hasn’t taken it seriously the embarrassment?

The guy supposedly came back to play at the Crucible again and then didn’t enter the Worlds because he hadn’t played enough, even though it was his choice not to play all those tournaments.

I mean, what the buck?

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

The guy supposedly came back to play at the Crucible again and then didn’t enter the Worlds because he hadn’t played enough, even though it was his choice not to play all those tournaments.

I mean, what the buck?

If you had listened, he was railroaded to take the 2 year card by Barry Hearn during a round of golf. This time hes had more time to think if he falls flat on his bottom this time it would be embarrassing.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I mean, what the buck?

If you had listened, he was railroaded to take the 2 year card by Barry Hearn during a round of golf. This time hes had more time to think if he falls flat on his bottom this time it would be embarrassing.

Don’t bucking talk to me like that.

I know the story about the golf course, thanks.

It doesn’t change anything about what I said. First he wasn’t entering tournaments because there were no crowds, then he wasn’t entering tournaments because he hadn’t practised enough, then he’s not entering tournaments because he’s had no match practice. It’s become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Postby Iranu

Badsnookerplayer wrote:Iranu off again.... :sad:

I wish you were

Postby SnookerFan

D4P wrote:

Wouldn't that be the GOOAT?

Or the GOSOAT?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:

Or the GOSOAT?

no. one shouldn't include conjunctions in an acronym.

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:

Or the GOSOAT?

And why the hell not?

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:

Or the GOSOAT?

And why the hell not?

just convention. no conjunctions, prepositions and the like in initialisms or acronyms. like how they shouldn't be capitalised in titles of (eg) films or music.