Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Last 32 !!!

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:I always think tournaments feel less prestigious when there's no studio coverage.

It has an old school Eurosport feel.

Remember when none of them did? rofl

Those days were miserable, and 90% of the commentary was Hallett and Studd, bucking hell.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:I always think tournaments feel less prestigious when there's no studio coverage.

Not really. I didn’t have Eurosport back then.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Those days were miserable, and 90% of the commentary was Hallett and Studd, bucking hell.

Hendon was still about in those days, weren't he?

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hendon was still about in those days, weren't he?

He may have been, was Studd more recent? Am I getting Hallett mixed up with Studd? Either way they're both as bad as each other.

Postby SnookerFan

Remember when Eurosport used to start it's coverage with a map of the world, and it would zone in from above and flash a little icon on the location of the tournament?

It wasn't very exciting when they only had six ranking tournaments, and they were in places like Telford and Newport.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:Remember when Eurosport used to start it's coverage with a map of the world, and it would zone in from above and flash a little icon on the location of the tournament?

It wasn't very exciting when they only had six ranking tournaments, and they were in places like Telford and Newport.

Didn't they also "hardly ever" start a match on time? The programme would start and it would be something like the MSI or 2-1 or some rubbish.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember when Eurosport used to start it's coverage with a map of the world, and it would zone in from above and flash a little icon on the location of the tournament?

Didn't they also "hardly ever" start a match on time? The programme would start and it would be something like the MSI or 2-1 or some rubbish.

Yeah, because the skiing had overrun. rofl

Even without Discovery+ they got a lot better with that sort of stuff now. Starting on time on the main channel. Apart from the odd time where there's three sports live, and only two channels etc.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Remember when they used to ALWAYS cut finals off as well? rofl

Yeah.

You'd get up at 6 in the morng to watch the first session of the China Open final, only be told that the only coverage of the second session was a 60 minute highlights show at like 9pm.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Robbo on a max.

That’s Neil, for anyone wondering.

But which Neil?

It wasn’t Neil’s Robbo :-(

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:No max for Robbo here at the Temple Drum.

How's Amazon Prime, Prop?

Pretty good now I’ve found my way around. Compared to using the ES Player PS4 app it seems more reliable. Can’t really fault D+ for the way Amazon organise the menus, so that’s a minor niggle.

Postby Dan-cat

HappyCamper wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:shoot out champion losing currently.

Shootout champions do normally struggle and sometimes drop off/nearly drop off the tour 2 yeas later.

i think holt, georgiou, and hull were the shootout champs who fell off in the two years; of who hull immediately returned.

That’s a dark stat.

Postby Dan-cat

Finally after over a year, using SI on a computer again. Got a new Mac Mini. Manty! I love your profile pic!

So up for this match. I love Jackie D, he'll have his time, but I want Jimmy to win.. There, I said it. If he plays like last night he'll have a chance.

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:No max for Robbo here at the Temple Drum.

How's Amazon Prime, Prop?

Pretty good now I’ve found my way around. Compared to using the ES Player PS4 app it seems more reliable. Can’t really fault D+ for the way Amazon organise the menus, so that’s a minor niggle.

Maybe it was just me who hated it, then. rofl

Re: BetVictor German Masters Last 32 & Last 16!!!

Postby Prop

Dan-cat wrote:
Prop wrote:Tonight I’m having homemade chicken balti and chips.

That's sounds soooo goood :dance2:

Did a huge curry last week in the slow cooker. Portioned up to freeze, and 5 nights out of 7 it’s curry for tea <laugh>