Post a reply

Re: BetVictor German Masters Semi Finals !!!

Postby LC

LDS wrote:
LC wrote:You’ve got to believe your cursed after that, that’ll be soul destroying

I think you overestimate Lisowski's self perception of himself. This was probably a "yup, oh well" for him.

So you think he’s not really fussed? He’s making a ton of money and still youngish and has a great life, so things could be worse I suppose

Postby LDS

LC wrote:
LDS wrote:
LC wrote:You’ve got to believe your cursed after that, that’ll be soul destroying

I think you overestimate Lisowski's self perception of himself. This was probably a "yup, oh well" for him.

So you think he’s not really fussed? He’s making a ton of money and still youngish and has a great life, so things could be worse I suppose

Well, he's been doing the same thing for 10 years straight, I suspect he's already got used to every emotion such a situation can bring.

I don't think he looks at who he's playing and doesn't bring them into the equation at all. Easy players, hard players, I think he's aware it's nothing to do with the opposition and all himself.

Postby snucar

Lisowski and his chase for a bucking ranking title before he turns 50 is the only interesting thing snooker can offer these days. Everything else is just plain boring! Legend!

Postby Wildey

Acé wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:But you seem to be under the impression that we're saying that these players are the elite of the elite. We're not.

Of course this is a great opportunity for Lisowski to win his first tournament. Literally nobody has said otherwise.

But he still needs to win two matches, that's the point. Nobody is saying he will or he won't. Just that never assume anything in sport is a foregone conclusion.

Technically the most successful player left is Carter.

Lisowski has never won anything. Even if he gets to the final, who is to say he won't bottle it through nerves? That can happen when you're expected to win?

aren't you the guy who literally hands trophies to O'Sullivan before he even plays his first frame in a tournament and you're talking about "foregone conclusions and a match at a time" drivel?

all hypocrisy

I'm not sure you're the best person to be criticising poster's hysterical behaviour. rofl

go stick to kebabs and fatty foods, fatty, not my fault I exposed you

you literally hand him the trophy before an event starts and don't even consider the rest of the field and if he wins you're like "told you I was right" but if he loses you act surprised like he's supposed to win every event and now you're talking about foregone conclusions rofl

hypocrisy at its finest

Snookerfan or anyone else has a chance of losing weight, you on the other hand was born a sausage head and nothing you can do about that.

Any more taking swipes at a poster in a personal way like that again, and ill bounce you so hard you would wish you were fat.

Postby LC

LDS wrote:
LC wrote:
LDS wrote:

Well, he's been doing the same thing for 10 years straight, I suspect he's already got used to every emotion such a situation can bring.

I don't think he looks at who he's playing and doesn't bring them into the equation at all. Easy players, hard players, I think he's aware it's nothing to do with the opposition and all himself.

Yeah but if felt that he was getting very close the last few months despite not getting to final oddly enough and this was chance to at least play a final against someone in the all time top 10

Postby Wildey

Lisowski would have been hammered in that match in years gone by. He had to fight hard to stay with Ford, and Unfortunately he couldn't get over the line

Postby Acé

Wildey wrote:
Acé wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Acé wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:But you seem to be under the impression that we're saying that these players are the elite of the elite. We're not.

Of course this is a great opportunity for Lisowski to win his first tournament. Literally nobody has said otherwise.

But he still needs to win two matches, that's the point. Nobody is saying he will or he won't. Just that never assume anything in sport is a foregone conclusion.

Technically the most successful player left is Carter.

Lisowski has never won anything. Even if he gets to the final, who is to say he won't bottle it through nerves? That can happen when you're expected to win?

aren't you the guy who literally hands trophies to O'Sullivan before he even plays his first frame in a tournament and you're talking about "foregone conclusions and a match at a time" drivel?

all hypocrisy

I'm not sure you're the best person to be criticising poster's hysterical behaviour. rofl

go stick to kebabs and fatty foods, fatty, not my fault I exposed you

you literally hand him the trophy before an event starts and don't even consider the rest of the field and if he wins you're like "told you I was right" but if he loses you act surprised like he's supposed to win every event and now you're talking about foregone conclusions rofl

hypocrisy at its finest

Snookerfan or anyone else has a chance of losing weight, you on the other hand was born a sausage head and nothing you can do about that.

Any more taking swipes at a poster in a personal way like that again, and ill bounce you so hard you would wish you were fat.

ironic coming from someone who gets angry and rampages around like a monkey throwing all sorts of swears and insults, overusing the word "bucking" to the maximum at people when they disagree with you over something, and you're supposed to be a moderator which is even worse

get over yourself, "fatty" is nothing compared to what you say around here, maybe take a look in the mirror and bounce yourself instead

Postby Aislabie

Either one of Tom Ford or Ali Carter becomes the 29th player to win a ranking event since Jack Lisowski first lost in a ranking event final. If Ford wins, he also becomes the 14th first-time ranking event winner in that time.

Postby Cloud Strife

snucar wrote:Lisowski and his chase for a bucking ranking title before he turns 50 is the only interesting thing snooker can offer these days. Everything else is just plain boring! Legend!

Yeah. Ronnie also seems to be in hibernation at the moment. Snooker is dull right now.

Postby hendry_fan

Was out with the Missus for a meal last night,and no,it wasnae Chips n eggs. :-D

What timeing!.Shortly after we got back,i put the telly on and right at that moment,i saw Tom pot the yellow to land plum on the yellow in the decider!.

Deary Deary me!,yet again The Dreamer still does,nt manage to win a Ranking Title,in saying that,even if he had o beaten Ford last night,he,d still have to beat Carter in the Final!.

Even though Jacks blown/bottled,choked numerous matches,chances to reach 1/4,sSemi,s,Finals which might have led him to being able to finaly win a Tourney,he,ll manage to win one at sum point.

He,s still young,youngish,so surely he,ll pull it off,it,s just a matter of time,although is sayin that,i wouldnae bet my Garden Shed on it,in sayin that,my Garden Sheds better that sum houses!. <laugh> I might bet one o my garden seats though!. :-D

Who knows!,The Dreamer might not only win any odd Ranking Tourney at sum point,he might even win The Worlds,The UK,or The Masters!,in fact he might even win all 3 at sum point!. :win: :cracker: :happy: :-D

I,ll watch the decider in full on YouTube later. <cool>