Post a reply

BetVictor English Open Last 64 + Heldover Last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 12th - Sunday 18th of December at the Brentwood Centre, Essex.

Neil Robertson will be defending his title against strong opposition from Mark Selby who he has the Best of recently, Judd Trump, John Higgins who has to reach the Final again this year in Brentwood to get in to the World Grand Prix and World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan.

130 Players started out with 82 Going to the Venue.

Steve Davis Trophy up for Grabs Who Progress to the last 32?

DRAW

Last 128 Matches
Neil Robertson v Andrew Pagett
Ryan Day v Asjad Iqbal
Jimmy Robertson v Marco Fu/Lewis Ullah
Barry Hawkins v Rod Lawler
Matthew Selt v Callum Beresford/Ryan Thomerson
Mark Williams v Matthew Stevens
John Higgins v Gerard Greene
Jack Lisowski v Sean O'Sullivan
Shaun Murphy v Anthony Hamilton
Mark Selby v Noppon Saengkham
Judd Trump v Jackson Page
Stuart Bingham v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Luca Brecel v Mark Joyce
Kyren Wilson v Reanne Evans
Zhao Xintong v Allan Taylor
Mark Allen v Mitchell Mann
Yan Bingtao v Ashley Hugill
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ben Mertens

Selected Last 64 Matches
Ricky Walden v Liam Highfield
Ali Carter v Chen Zifan
Michael White v Anthony McGill
David Gilbert v Yuan Sijun
Mark Davis v Scott Donaldson
Ken Doherty v Jamie Jones
Xu Si v Ding Junhui
Pang Junxu v Hossein Vafaei
Martin Gould v Gary Wilson

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor English Open Last 64 + Heldover Last 128 !!!

Postby HappyCamper

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:I would of gone if jimmy qualified. Will it be easy to get Ronnie tickets if I decide to go?

it's unreserved seating during the week so not for a specific match, so you'd want to get early to get a seat for the correct table.

monday evening session appears to be sold out, assuming he wins he'll probably be on in the evening on later days as well, or just get an all day ticket they're good value,

Postby Raiel

I remember the time when I used to cheer Liang Wenbo on in tournaments like this. He was an entertaining character. Who knew that, beneath the facade, he was an absolute cnut. Now, apparently, he is 'on-the-run' from the snooker authorities.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12398&start=30#p1019697

EDIT:

He did beat up a woman, so he's definitely a cnut. But I wonder if he was threatened by the Triads or some other 'shadowy organisation' to fix matches for them. I guess we'll never know now.

Postby gninnur karona

In addition to the English Open title World Grand Prix places are up for grabs with every participating player still in the picture.

Eight of the ten ever-presents are at least provisionally qualified including just one non-member of the current top 16, Allister Carter. The two in danger John Higgins (see OP) and Yan Bingtao. Zhao Xintong like Yan Bingtao, as things stand, needs to reach the QF but may well require a SF.

Ricky Walden, 33rd on the one-year list, currently occupies the last qualifying place assuming Lu Ning doesn't escape from suspension.

As for debutants there will be at least two. Joe O'Connor and Lu Haotian have done enough already to be assured of making their first World Grand Prix appearances.

Postby SnookerFan

motorhead wrote:Murphy's flight was canceled so he's taking the ferry, what was he thinking going last minute like this consindering how many flights to Stansted get canceled this time of the year.

Mark Allen seemed to be experiencing problems on Twitter too.

Postby chengdufan

cupotee wrote:Does anyone know why Callum Beresford was given an invite to this ? He's only 57th on the English Amateur Snooker Tour rankings.

He's the 2022 English Amateur U-21 Champion. I don't know for sure, but that would be my guess as to his qualification route.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
motorhead wrote:Murphy's flight was canceled so he's taking the ferry, what was he thinking going last minute like this consindering how many flights to Stansted get canceled this time of the year.

Mark Allen seemed to be experiencing problems on Twitter too.

What a shame if neither turn up on time.

Postby cupotee

chengdufan wrote:
cupotee wrote:Does anyone know why Callum Beresford was given an invite to this ? He's only 57th on the English Amateur Snooker Tour rankings.

He's the 2022 English Amateur U-21 Champion. I don't know for sure, but that would be my guess as to his qualification route.

Ta man,I don't follow that amateur event as it doesn't provide a direct path to the pro tour, only a paid Q School place I guess.