Post a reply

BetVictor Championship League Stage 1 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 28th June- Friday 1st of July
Monday 4th - Thursday 7th of July
Monday 11th - Friday 14th of July
Monday 18th - Friday 21st of July

at Morningside Arena in Leicester

Believe it or not, it's almost 2 months since Ronnie O'Sullivan won the World title in Sheffield, but there have been non-stop Snooker throughout the off season trying to find players to play on the WST.

So here we go again 128 players trying to win this long event Just like Dave Gilbert did last season.

3rd Staging, who will win it this time?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage 1 !!!!

Postby SteveJJ

Halfway through.

Aaron Hill leads group 13, winning his only match. Only centurion so far.

I think Steadman is out due to his frame difference.

Hicks sitting pretty at the top of group 24 with 2 wins out of 2. Sanderson Lam is out.

Postby Wildey

Minimum Break wrote:Much more interesting groups today.

To be fair the first 4 weeks of this is pretty uninspiring to say the least but at the same time very important, not entering this last season cost Selby a place in the Player's Championship.

Postby Minimum Break

Wildey wrote:

To be fair the first 4 weeks of this is pretty uninspiring to say the least but at the same time very important, not entering this last season cost Selby a place in the Player's Championship.

It's an uninspiring format but at least the players today are of slightly more interest than yesterday.

Wataching Zhao vs Holt now.

Postby Prop

Can’t be bothered going through the rigmarole of Matchroom so I’m watching table 2 on YouTube. Saengkham is 1 up on Hallworth.

Postby gninnur karona

Wildey wrote:

Tom Ford and Cao Yupeng would not have qualified for the World Grand Prix last season without the points from this event, whilst David Lilley would have been attempting to earn a tour card through QSchool.

No jigsaw can ever be completed if it's never begun. Although their dreams will quickly fade, Ben Hancorn and Sanderson Lam can enjoy their 24 hours of fame in equal 5th place on the 1-year list. I doubt that either will be in a qualifying position for the Tour Championship at any other stage this season but I will be delighted if either proves me wrong.

I find this event as a whole the most uninspiring on the entire calendar but to underline its importance, for one player this competition may offer the tangible reward of a ticket into the Champion of Champions.

Postby SnookerFan

gninnur karona wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Tom Ford and Cao Yupeng would not have qualified for the World Grand Prix last season without the points from this event, whilst David Lilley would have been attempting to earn a tour card through QSchool.

A World Grand Prix without Tom Ford doesn't bear thinking about.