Post a reply

Scottish Open Draw

Postby chengdufan

The draw has been released, with Marco Fu the only noticeable absentee.

Asjad Iqbal, Muhammad Asif and Victor Sarkis are all in the draw, hoping to make their debuts.
Iqbal has drawn Carrington. Asif is down to play Dott. And Sarkis has a match with Xiao Guodong.

The top 16 and the 2 Scottish wildcards (Amaan Iqbal and Liam Graham) have their qualifying matches held over to the venue (28th Nov-4th Dec in Edinburgh). The remaining matches will be played from October 9-16 (next week) at the Chase Leisure Centre in Cannock.

O'Sullivan plays Bai Langning. Trump has drawn Sanderson Lam. And recent winner Mark Allen is up against Hong Kong's Andy Lee.

Re: Scottish Open Draw

Postby Juddernaut88

The name Muhammad Asif always makes me think of the Pakistani bowler Mohammad Asif, he was a great bowler but unfortunately he got involved in match fixing and spot fixing and got banned for a very long time. I'm pretty sure he failed a drugs test once too.

Postby SnookerEd25

The name Robbie Williams always make me think of popular singer-songwriter Robbie Williams, whom I once saw in Holland Park on a Segway while his poor kid had to run alongside.

I’m pretty sure he would have failed a drugs test had he been required to take one at the height of his popularity.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:The name Muhammad Asif always makes me think of the Pakistani bowler Mohammad Asif, he was a great bowler but unfortunately he got involved in match fixing and spot fixing and got banned for a very long time. I'm pretty sure he failed a drugs test once too.

As if.

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:The draw has been released, with Marco Fu the only noticeable absentee.

Asjad Iqbal, Muhammad Asif and Victor Sarkis are all in the draw, hoping to make their debuts.
Iqbal has drawn Carrington. Asif is down to play Dott. And Sarkis has a match with Xiao Guodong.

The top 16 and the 2 Scottish wildcards (Amaan Iqbal and Liam Graham) have their qualifying matches held over to the venue (28th Nov-4th Dec in Edinburgh). The remaining matches will be played from October 9-16 (next week) at the Chase Leisure Centre in Cannock.

O'Sullivan plays Bai Langning. Trump has drawn Sanderson Lam. And recent winner Mark Allen is up against Hong Kong's Andy Lee.

Hendry isn't in it, is he?

Postby SteveJJ

chengdufan wrote:The draw has been released, with Marco Fu the only noticeable absentee.

Ibrahim and Poomjaeng in the English Open draw too

Postby Wildey

Hendry should not be offered any more wild cards

I Have no doubt he will enter the World Championship this year the Fact they will be Best of 19 frames throughout has guarantee that but missing all these events seems strange if he has any ambition to play at the Crucible one last time

Postby chengdufan

SteveJJ wrote:

Hendry isn't in it, is he?

Correct. As I said, Fu the only noticeable absentee

Postby chengdufan

SteveJJ wrote:

Ibrahim and Poomjaeng in the English Open draw too

Ooh, excellent! I didn't know the English Open draw was also out. It's very pleasing to see those two in the draw. Poomjaeng particularly. I wasn't sure if he'd bother playing on this tour card.
Fu in the draw for it too.

Postby gninnur karona

chengdufan wrote:Ooh, excellent! I didn't know the English Open draw was also out. It's very pleasing to see those two in the draw. Poomjaeng particularly. I wasn't sure if he'd bother playing on this tour card.
Fu in the draw for it too.

Jackson Page, Gerard Greene, Anthony Hamilton and Andrew Pagett will be at the main event venues after drawing seeds in both the Scottish Open and English Open. For Anthony Hamilton that's a hat-trick of home series events as he also drew a seed in the opening round of the Northern Ireland Open.

Bai Langning has one qualifying event, the English Open, to attend. However, in that he's drawn Ricky Walden, a player who in my view is only outside the top 16 because of the quirks of the WST ranking system. Coupled with having met Zhao Xintong in the opening round of the British Open and an upcoming meeting with Ronnie O'Sullivan in the Scottish Open it is proving a brutal return to the main tour for the 20-year-old.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Hendry should not be offered any more wild cards

I Have no doubt he will enter the World Championship this year the Fact they will be Best of 19 frames throughout has guarantee that but missing all these events seems strange if he has any ambition to play at the Crucible one last time

His whole comeback has been like this.

Very odd, comeback and barely play.

Postby lhpirnie

gninnur karona wrote:Bai Langning has one qualifying event, the English Open, to attend. However, in that he's drawn Ricky Walden, a player who in my view is only outside the top 16 because of the quirks of the WST ranking system. Coupled with having met Zhao Xintong in the opening round of the British Open and an upcoming meeting with Ronnie O'Sullivan in the Scottish Open it is proving a brutal return to the main tour for the 20-year-old.

Yes, and when he returned to the UK, his luggage was lost and he played Zhao Xintong with a borrowed cue. The commentators seemed unaware of that, and criticised his play harshly.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Yea the whole thing is pointless you got to play to get better otherwise he has no hope

Postby Iranu

I think Hendry got a couple of rude awakenings and got cold feet.

Postby csprince

Iranu wrote:I think Hendry got a couple of rude awakenings and got cold feet.

Postby Iranu

csprince wrote:

Ravishing

Postby Wildey

He wasent Nieve about it he knew he was nowhere near up to speed the sad thing is he accepted another 2 years and not putting any matches in to try to improve.

Nobody is playing out of this world snooker he at his best cant compete with.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:

He wasent Nieve about it he knew he was nowhere near up to speed the sad thing is he accepted another 2 years and not putting any matches in to try to improve.

Nobody is playing out of this world snooker he at his best cant compete with.

Weren't you the one who kept saying that he his form was the great unknown and that he wouldn't know how good he was until he played.

No he knew that he can't compete? You beginning to realise how daft his comeback was?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:

Quite savvy, really. Bring down the Wildcard system from within :ok:

Postby Ck147

Totally agree, no more wildcards for Hendry. Jimmy too. Seniors only for them, give others a chance.

Postby HappyCamper

give everyone in the universe a wildcard! only fair.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:give everyone in the universe a wildcard! only fair.

I don’t want mine. I’ll give it to Jimmy, that way he’ll get two chances in every tournament :ok: