Post a reply

Re: BetVictor Championship League Stage 1 !!!!

Postby LDS

Dylan Emery looked like a real snooker player in his match against Ryan Day.

Day kicked off with a century and looked to take the second, but Emery came back was one shot from stealing it, just missing frame ball. Emery took the third with a great break and a very hard fought final 4th frame went to Emery. 2-2. Though it should and could so easily have been 3-1 but for that one missed frame ball.

Emery looked every bit a top 32 player today.

Postby LDS

The third match saw Pang Junxu playing Emery. It was another great watch and even had some strong emotion from both players as occasional positional shots just failed to land nicely. I think both knew just how crucial this match was.

Pang got a 137 break in the third, topping Walden's 125. Emery once again looked to take it to a draw in the 4th as he cruised to a 51 break. There were lots of reds left though and Pang took them all with 2 great breaks sandwiched around 16 penalty points from an excellent snooker on the last red.

All Pang needs now is a draw against Walden in the final match this evening.

Postby Reg Varney

LDS wrote:Dylan Emery looked like a real snooker player in his match against Ryan Day.

Day kicked off with a century and looked to take the second, but Emery came back was one shot from stealing it, just missing frame ball. Emery took the third with a great break and a very hard fought final 4th frame went to Emery. 2-2. Though it should and could so easily have been 3-1 but for that one missed frame ball.

Emery looked every bit a top 32 player today.

Interesting. I thought he looked really poor in the bits of the match I saw against Reanne, although maybe there was some nerves on his part then playing a female pro.

Postby LDS

Reg Varney wrote:Interesting. I thought he looked really poor in the bits of the match I saw against Reanne, although maybe there was some nerves on his part then playing a female pro.

I'm afraid I didn't watch any of the Reanne matches, I regard watching Reanne in the same way I would Lee Walker or Fergal O'Brien, in that I'm not overly interested in watching the fading stars slowly fade. Much more interested in McKenna, Ng or Ming matches.

Yes, I was very surprised when I saw his score there was 2-2, in the other two matches he was casually and naturally bashing in half centuries with consummate ease with good positioning and clean pots, often at difficult angles.

Postby Juddernaut88

All over for Judd. He needed to win this final match against Jamie Clarke all he can do now is draw if he wins the final frame.
He has been poor all day though. I hope he inproves next month in the European Masters.

Postby Reg Varney

Juddernaut88 wrote:Judd hasn't been playing very well.

I watched the edited match against Peng on YouTube (basically just the shots without any of the walking around the table) and was surprised at how many chances Judd gave him. Missed some very easy pots too. Maybe attribute it to being first game of the season and a bit of rust but he didn't look good at all in the match.

Postby SnookerEd25

GeF wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:https://twitter.com/Livesnooker/status/1549698751568220161

Carpooling with Neil Robertson?

Now I’m just picturing Alan Partridge reclining on a Travel Inn bed, talking into a dictaphone :hmmm:

Postby Wildey

Not sure what dave was talking about theres 15 ranking tournaments this season with 11 before the Players Championship

only the Gibralter Open missing from last season

Yea China is missing but until they wake up and open up that market wont happen

Postby Wildey

Today its the Last day of Stage 1 with Groups featuring Mark Allen and Jack Lisowski.

it seems to have taken an age to get here 4 Weeks and 16 days Snooker infact

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Today its the Last day of Stage 1 with Groups featuring Mark Allen and Jack Lisowski.

I wish it was the last day, full stop.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Today its the Last day of Stage 1 with Groups featuring Mark Allen and Jack Lisowski.

I wish it was the last day, full stop.

Not something ive got in to really its Glorified Practice but its important at the end of the day

Mark Selby is out and picked him up £2,000 That in fact would have got him in to the player's championship last season ahead of Barry Hawkins by £500 and Hawkins reached the Final of the Players Championship

Selby did not play the championship league last year.

Postby SnookerFan

I mean, for the players it's good. If nothing else, they get paid to practice. (Assuming that they don't finish at the bottom of the group.) Playing and earning opportunities for lower ranked players.

Just a boring tournament to watch. And -here it comes- I really don't think it should be a ranking event.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:I mean, for the players it's good. If nothing else, they get paid to practice. (Assuming that they don't finish at the bottom of the group.) Playing and earning opportunities for lower ranked players.

Just a boring tournament to watch. And -here it comes- I really don't think it should be a ranking event.

NO

it does seem anything goes as Ranking Events these days.

There's more Credibility in some of those PTC events being Full Ranking events than this or shoot out