Post a reply

Re: Cazoo British Open Qualifying !!!

Postby SnookerFan

That's the reason darts worked so well.

It was noticed that darts was always played in an environment of people drinking and being rowdy, so they decided to market it around an atmosphere that was already there.

With snooker, it just feels like the WST went; "Errr.... Dunno. Let's make it like darts."

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:That's the reason darts worked so well.

It was noticed that darts was always played in an environment of people drinking and being rowdy, so they decided to market it around an atmosphere that was already there.

With snooker, it just feels like the WST went; "Errr.... Dunno. Let's make it like darts."

Snooker has always been 100% of audience wants to Actually watch the game

Darts is played in a massive arena with a Small Board Id say about 20% is actually there to Watch the other 80% just wants a Night out and get bladdered

Postby Wildey

It doesn't look like the British Open qualifiers is on Eurosport Player

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:It doesn't look like the British Open qualifiers is on Eurosport Player

I did wonder.

It's an ITV tournament. Eurosport doesn't have the rights.

Postby GeF

I've just had a look at Eurosport schedule for Friday, and British Open qualification is announced. (2 matches simultaneously on the Player)

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:Seems a shame that we can't watch the qualifiers, but if that's the price for kongee maatches I don't mind too much.

We all need more kongee maatches in our lives.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:Seems a shame that we can't watch the qualifiers, but if that's the price for kongee maatches I don't mind too much.

There shouldn't really be qualifiers for the British Open anyway to be honest. World snooker have made things annoying by having pointless qualifiers for the British Open and home nation events. They should have left the home nation events exactly how it was. Of course I am glad the British Open format is longer this time, It was very silly with how short it was last year.

Postby Wildey

GeF wrote:I've just had a look at Eurosport schedule for Friday, and British Open qualification is announced. (2 matches simultaneously on the Player)

You are not from Britain i take it

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:

*longer matches

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:

There shouldn't really be qualifiers for the British Open anyway to be honest. World snooker have made things annoying by having pointless qualifiers for the British Open and home nation events. They should have left the home nation events exactly how it was. Of course I am glad the British Open format is longer this time, It was very silly with how short it was last year.

I'd rather qualifiers and longer matches.

Ideally no qualifiers and longer matches. But if it can't be done, it can't be done.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

I'd rather qualifiers and longer matches.

Ideally no qualifiers and longer matches. But if it can't be done, it can't be done.

Naaa qualifiers are annoying, we just need longer matches.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:

*longer matches

It was kind of you to correct it, even though you knew I knew full well what you were on about.

Postby GeF

Wildey wrote:
GeF wrote:I've just had a look at Eurosport schedule for Friday, and British Open qualification is announced. (2 matches simultaneously on the Player)

You are not from Britain i take it

Yes. (France)
I don't have BBC or ITV and, as I don't want to pay for Matchroom, the only way to see snooker is Eurosport.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:https://wst.tv/how-to-watch-cazoo-british-open-qualifiers/

So subscribing to Eurosport player doesent give you access to the British Open if you are from Britain.

Anyone else feel that if screwed Up <doh> <doh>

Like I say, it doesn't really surprise me.

It's an ITV tournament. Eurosport never has the rights to show ITV tournaments. It's just they never usually have qualifiers, so it's never been an issue before.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

So subscribing to Eurosport player doesent give you access to the British Open if you are from Britain.

Like I say, it doesn't really surprise me.

It's an ITV tournament. Eurosport never has the rights to show ITV tournaments. It's just they never usually have qualifiers, so it's never been an issue before.

Yeah, disappointing as it is there’s no reason we should feel entitled to it being shown on Eurosport. Maybe if it stays like this long term they’ll work something out.

But then, they might not even want to show the qualifiers of a tournament in a country where they can’t air the final stages.

Postby primitivesludge

I'm off down the snooks tomorrow. Wigan is my hometown, though I don't live there anymore. I know they used to do qualies there in the past but I was out of the (snooker) loop(y).

Really interesting mix of players on tomorrow and presumably will be able to see both tables, but if I have to choose I'll be going for the matches involving Mink, Hendry, Leclerq, and Mertens.

Postby Johnny Bravo

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:It doesn't look like the British Open qualifiers is on Eurosport Player

I did wonder.

It's an ITV tournament. Eurosport doesn't have the rights.

ITV has the best coverage out there.
Eurosport is second.
The BBC is last, they suck and they still have the old fart Taylor.

Postby Prop

SnookerEd25 wrote:Oldfart Taylor; mesmerising Blues musician from the 60s <ok>

Indeed. And we all remember that brilliant performance he put together with Fasthand Werbeniuk and a very young Sixstring Williams. Rolling Stone still have it in their all time top ten Blues Improv gigs. Them wo t’days.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:Oldfart Taylor; mesmerising Blues musician from the 60s <ok>

Can Juddernaut confirm?

<laugh>

Postby Raiel

Just use a VPN and pretend you are in France. That's what I'm doing at the moment. I will be watching Mink at 10am today. :-)

Postby Wildey

Not the point is it when its easier to watch in France than Britain lol

Postby Raiel

Wildey wrote:Not the point is it when its easier to watch in France than Britain lol

I agree with you. It's bucking ridiculous that it's easier to watch in France than Britain.

But I thought I would just mention a method of watching if anyone wanted to use it. :-)

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Not the point is it when its easier to watch in France than Britain lol

I mean you should blame ITV ahead of Eurosport.

ITV’s online offerings for snooker (and sport in general it seems) is archaic.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:

I mean you should blame ITV ahead of Eurosport.

ITV’s online offerings for snooker (and sport in general it seems) is archaic.

i blame WST nobody else

you can watch on Bet365 if you want with endless Betting temptations im using VPN

Postby Prop

mantorok wrote:YanFan had some good streams, I miss that guy, wonder where he is these days.

As the old saying goes…

On Snooker Island you’re never more than six feet from (a) Yanfan