Post a reply

Re: Cazoo British Open Qualifying !!!

Postby Juddernaut88

Whenever I play a safety shot twice across the table and it someone ends up going in a pocket I always claim to have half played it lol.

Postby cupotee

Juddernaut88 wrote:Wow Ng pots the pink. Did she play that double? Or was it a fluke? Either way she wins 4-3 :D

i should think it was a fluke as it easily could have stayed over the pocket , but doherty's miss on the clearance pink didnt even jaw , bit odd.

Postby Wildey

Great win for Ng OnYee Masks was a hinderance now she knows just how stupid she was

Postby Prop

Doherty has become really jabby on pressure balls. No pull back, no pause. He played it really badly, and was lucky to leave it safe.

Ng then got lucky with the fluke.

Both were poor shots.

Postby Wildey

Strange situation you got Ng on yee the highest ranked woman on the Main Tour but not World No 1 Woman.

Postby HappyCamper

Prop wrote:I went to get a choc ice and it’s already 1-0. There’s a Theppy in town!

dark, milk, or white?

Postby Prop

HappyCamper wrote:
Prop wrote:I went to get a choc ice and it’s already 1-0. There’s a Theppy in town!

dark, milk, or white?

It was an Aldi interpretation of a Magnum caramel. Milk chocolate with salted caramel icecream. Will buy again - 8/10.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:Great win for Ng OnYee Masks was a hinderance now she knows just how stupid she was

I think that horse is dead mate

Postby BringBackTonyDrago

Basically the should of done the tournament over two weeks. No qualification and do rank 1 versus rank 128, 2 versus 127 and so on. Obviously if players pull out you adjust accordingly. Or instead if that just have a 128 player format with a random draw each time. Either one of those two formats would have 7 rounds to the final being the 7th and last round. Best of 9 for round 1/4. Best of 11 for the quarters. Best of 17 for semis and best of 19 for final. Could do this over two weeks get some good tv coverage and make it something worth watching. The idea of rank 1 versus 128 I like because there could be some early upsets and some break out players coming through that would usually have to qualify to make tv.

Anyway just an idea.

Postby csprince

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:Basically the should of done the tournament over two weeks. No qualification and do rank 1 versus rank 128, 2 versus 127 and so on. Obviously if players pull out you adjust accordingly. Or instead if that just have a 128 player format with a random draw each time. Either one of those two formats would have 7 rounds to the final being the 7th and last round. Best of 9 for round 1/4. Best of 11 for the quarters. Best of 17 for semis and best of 19 for final. Could do this over two weeks get some good tv coverage and make it something worth watching. The idea of rank 1 versus 128 I like because there could be some early upsets and some break out players coming through that would usually have to qualify to make tv.

Anyway just an idea.

it's an open draw like the fa cup of snooker.

Postby Iranu

csprince wrote:
BringBackTonyDrago wrote:Basically the should of done the tournament over two weeks. No qualification and do rank 1 versus rank 128, 2 versus 127 and so on. Obviously if players pull out you adjust accordingly. Or instead if that just have a 128 player format with a random draw each time. Either one of those two formats would have 7 rounds to the final being the 7th and last round. Best of 9 for round 1/4. Best of 11 for the quarters. Best of 17 for semis and best of 19 for final. Could do this over two weeks get some good tv coverage and make it something worth watching. The idea of rank 1 versus 128 I like because there could be some early upsets and some break out players coming through that would usually have to qualify to make tv.

Anyway just an idea.

Yeah Drago’s basically suggesting to remove the British Open’s USP

Postby BringBackTonyDrago

Iranu wrote:
csprince wrote:

Anyway just an idea.

I did say or random draw too lol. Didn’t you read it properly ?

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:Great win for Ng OnYee Masks was a hinderance now she knows just how stupid she was

I think that horse is dead mate

It Never got off the ground pity so many Idiots jumped Fences without a horse

Postby Iranu

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:I did say or random draw too lol. Didn’t you read it properly ?

Honestly?

No.

Sorry <laugh>

Postby csprince

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:
Iranu wrote:
csprince wrote:

Anyway just an idea.

I did say or random draw too lol. Didn’t you read it properly ?

my bad i saw the 1 vs 128 and 2 vs 127 and thought you were just describeing what they do at the uk championship.