Post a reply

Re: BetVictor World Mixed Doubles Championship

Postby LC

I can’t either, selby has been superb and comms kept saying the game plan was don’t take any risks from kenna, but that is hardly in keeping with equal opportunities! Tho maybe a sound tactic so far

Postby TheRocket

From the male players Selby seems to be the most match sharpest. Probably practiced a lot for this. Ron,Trump and Robbo look a little bit rusty. And basicially thats been the difference.

The women competed pretty good in the safety department but they are just too far behind in the scoring department. And they miss too many sitters.

Postby mantorok

That was pretty engrossing viewing, the players were zoned in, the crowd weren’t really on it though, I found myself applauding shots or frame balls solo at times rofl

Hopefully tomorrow will be a packed crowd, I’m surprised the evening one wasn’t busier.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:From the male players Selby seems to be the most match sharpest. Probably practiced a lot for this. Ron,Trump and Robbo look a little bit rusty. And basicially thats been the difference.

The women competed pretty good in the safety department but they are just too far behind in the scoring department. And they miss too many sitters.

Although Ron did look very good after losing the opening frame this evening, and Reanne made a good break in the last.

Selby/Kenna are assured of a Final place I think, so Ronnie will probably have to win his final group match 4-0 or 3-1, depends how Trump's team fares against Robbo's.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:From the male players Selby seems to be the most match sharpest. Probably practiced a lot for this. Ron,Trump and Robbo look a little bit rusty. And basicially thats been the difference.

Although Ron did look very good after losing the opening frame this evening, and Reanne made a good break in the last.

Selby/Kenna are assured of a Final place I think, so Ronnie will probably have to win his final group match 4-0 or 3-1, depends how Trump's team fares against Robbo's.

Could be easily back to back matches between Ron/Reanne and Selby/Kenna.

Kenna from what I've seen is definitely the worst player and hasnt even made a break of 10 but Selby did a decent job so far in carrying her.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:That was pretty engrossing viewing, the players were zoned in, the crowd weren’t really on it though, I found myself applauding shots or frame balls solo at times rofl

Hopefully tomorrow will be a packed crowd, I’m surprised the evening one wasn’t busier.

I've clapped solo before. rofl

Crowds weren't great in MK when I went, but that was hastily rearranged from Germany.

I wonder what it'll be like when I am there

Postby Wildey

Selby got a Big match Monday afternoon with Walden Robbo not even playing in the British Open.