Post a reply

Re: BetVictor World Mixed Doubles Championship

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
chengdufan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Come on Mink!

I've been re-watching Monk with my daughter the last few weeks. She's absolutely addicted.

We've just reached the point where Sharona abruptly leaves the show.

B-b-b-b-b-b-b-byeeeeee Sharona

Oh my little pretty one, my pretty one.

When you gonna give me some of your time, Sharona?

Postby cupotee

Whats with this Metro newspaper having such an interest in snooker , do they ever present things with a Labour perspective, are they trying to tell us something , like the new freeview news channels GB News and Talk TV who never seem to interview Labour MP's , trying to institutionalise a right of centre viewpoint.

Postby SnookerFan

cupotee wrote:Whats with this Metro newspaper having such an interest in snooker , do they ever present things with a Labour perspective, are they trying to tell us something , like the new freeview news channels GB News and Talk TV who never seem to interview Labour MP's , trying to institutionalise a right of centre viewpoint.

I dunno, man. bucking hell. I just posted a link to a snooker story.

Postby Iranu

cupotee wrote:Whats with this Metro newspaper having such an interest in snooker , do they ever present things with a Labour perspective, are they trying to tell us something , like the new freeview news channels GB News and Talk TV who never seem to interview Labour MP's , trying to institutionalise a right of centre viewpoint.

This post took a turn <laugh>

I believe the site and the paper are fairly distinct entities. Phil Haigh is a huge snooker fan so maybe he petitioned to the editors to write more about snooker and obviously it gets a lot of clicks because they aren’t slowing down on it.

Postby SteveJJ

Assuming they keep holding this event, will they randomize the pairings?

Would be a shame if Robbo and Mink didn't get the chance to defend their title together.

You'd assume it would be same 4 ladies and more than likely be Robbo, Trump and ROS with only Selby being a major doubt of being in the top 4 next season

Postby SnookerFan

SteveJJ wrote:Assuming they keep holding this event, will they randomize the pairings?

Would be a shame if Robbo and Mink didn't get the chance to defend their title together.

You'd assume it would be same 4 ladies and more than likely be Robbo, Trump and ROS with only Selby being a major doubt of being in the top 4 next season

All good questions, for which I have no answers.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
SteveJJ wrote:Assuming they keep holding this event, will they randomize the pairings?

If they do it again next year, I think they should allow the winning pair to team up again (assuming both can take part) to defend their title, and mix up the rest to see if different pairings can unseat the previous champions.

Postby SnookerEd25

Ck147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

If they do it again next year, I think they should allow the winning pair to team up again (assuming both can take part) to defend their title, and mix up the rest to see if different pairings can unseat the previous champions.

This would be a logical approach <ok>

So I doubt it will happen, as ‘WST’ and ‘logic’ are strange bedfellows… :sad: