Post a reply

Re: BetVictor World Mixed Doubles Championship

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Aaaah! WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?

Who?

That hammer in the crowd with the singlasses ...

Yates, for bucks sake. Who do you think?

Yates is great. Stop with your unnecessary hatred.

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Aaaah! WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?

Who?

That hammer in the crowd with the singlasses ...

Yates, for bucks sake. Who do you think?

Yates is great. Stop with your unnecessary hatred.

To be fair, I don't actually wish death on him. That was harsh.

Postby Juddernaut88

2-0 now and it's worrying signs here for Judd and On Yee. They need to clinch the last 2 frames to have any chance of making it to the final. Anything less and it is all over for them.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:It was asking a lot for the Women to shine in this sort of company

Possibly true. But I am not sure that was the entire intent.

Obviously, it would be brilliant if the women came out and were making total clearances. But I don't see that as being the point.

The point is how often do women get on the main TV channel? I don't mean Discovery+ I am talking about on a TV channel that somebody might channel surf on.

I saw the Mixed Doubles mentioned on the BBC News this morning. That doesn't get done very often with the women's game. The women's competitions are often played in the back rooms of pubs. No the BBC is mentioning them.

Look at the recent women's football success. A lot of people watched the Euros on TV. The stadiums wwre fall for the England games. Even Old Trafford and Wembley. Do you think that happened overnight? They've been pushing the women's football on TV for at least a decade.

This tournament isn't just to promote the four women that have entered it. It's aimed at the young girls that might never have seen women play snooker on TV before, let alone on a major channel like ITV1.

Nobody is saying that this tournament means a Reanne Evans vs Rebecca Kenna match next week would sell out the Ally Pally. It's more trying to get young girls playing. Maybe influence more female players to be here in 10 or 20 years.

Think of it like Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis playing an exhibition in the late 80s in China. They didn't see the benefit of creating the interest at the time. But in 2003 a 16 year old called Sing Junhui entered the tour.

Intent was to showcase Woman Snooker but they so nervous it was impossible for them to shine but each of them has had their moment

Postby Wildey

Mink is the Best scorer in the Womans Tour and Brilliant for her Showing Mainstream Snooker Fans what she can do.

Postby Wildey

Prop wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Prop wrote:Would be interesting with alternate shotes.

No thats rubbish

marmite

You can get away with that in pool so little shots needed to win a rack but snooker is too hard a game for alternating shots

Postby Wildey

Because Selby and Kenna beat Robbo and Mink that means they are already in the Final even if Robbo gets a big break

Postby Prop

Wildey wrote:
Prop wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Prop wrote:Would be interesting with alternate shotes.

No thats rubbish

marmite

You can get away with that in pool so little shots needed to win a rack but snooker is too hard a game for alternating shots

Remember watching a game of Scotch doubles, Willo and Ron. Think they knocked in a 130 odd between them. But yeah in general it doesn’t work in snooker.