Post a reply

Re: Cazoo British Open Last 64 and Heldover Last 128 !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Yeah I don’t expect everyone to hate the live draws, I just find them awkward personally. I think maybe the fact it’s so basic-looking doesn’t help. Doesn’t exactly scream Big Time.

We should be grateful it isn't like the World Cup draw, where they televise 2 hours of rubbish before the actual draw starts. Then the draw takes like another ninety minutes.

"And now we have a break for some local school kids to sing us Azerbaijan's National Anthem...." :zzz:

You won’t be surprised to learn I’ve never watched the World Cup draw.

You ain't missed anything.

I nipped into the hotel bar in Telford for one of them, thinking it'd just be like the FA Cup draw and over with pretty quickly. I was on about my fourth pint by the time they actually started doing the draw.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Phil Seymour @announcerphil

Great to see Dean Young getting some screen time on
@ITVSport @ITV4 against @juddtrump this afternoon. He’s a great lad, with a big future, and exposure like this is fantastic for him. Early in his career, but it’s brilliant experience #snooker

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

@ITVSport @ITV4 against @juddtrump this afternoon. He’s a great lad, with a big future, and exposure like this is fantastic for him. Early in his career, but it’s brilliant experience #snooker

Speaking of Seymour, does he just not to ITV events anymore?

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Speaking of Seymour, does he just not to ITV events anymore?

I have a feeling he said something on Twitter about being bre-booked this week, or something.

He definitely said he'd be doing the last few days of each of the Home Nations.

So, in answer to your question, I don't know.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Talking of which, what I don't understand is why Rob Walker does the snooker on ITV, but they then bother to employ a different MC. Seems a waste of money. He might as well do the announcing whilst he's there.

Yeah. I wonder if there’s some weird contractual stuff where he’s contracted specifically to the BBC as an MC but not as an interviewer/presenter or something.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Talking of which, what I don't understand is why Rob Walker does the snooker on ITV, but they then bother to employ a different MC. Seems a waste of money. He might as well do the announcing whilst he's there.

Yeah. I wonder if there’s some weird contractual stuff where he’s contracted specifically to the BBC as an MC but not as an interviewer/presenter or something.

I wondered that.

I can't think of any other reason.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I wondered that.

maybe he just wants to do different things.

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I wondered that.

I'd have thought he was freelance. He might just charge very high rates for MCing.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:I spose it’s also possible ITV don’t WANT Walker doing their MCing. Maybe they want someone else to help their tournaments have their own identity.

They let him introduce that one Higgins - O'Sullivan match last year.