Post a reply

Re: SnookerFan's Exciting Adventures in Milton Keynes

Postby Ck147

Have fun mate. At TC, found a good pub that did nice food and beer and was only 10-15mins walk from the arena, and they had a big screen with the snooker on for the times I didn’t have tickets. Llandudno is lovely, thinking about doing it again next year. Think you would like it. MK is fairly easy for me to get to, I should try harder to do one of those tournaments, but all those bloody roundabouts.

Did I read correctly that CoC is at Bolton end of Oct? I’ve got a couple of spare holiday days. Is Bolton really the dream place I’ve heard about?

Postby Ck147

Oh yeah, the b&b I stayed in did one of the best fry ups I’ve ever had, probably half the reason I want to go back.

Postby SnookerFan

Ck147 wrote:Have fun mate. At TC, found a good pub that did nice food and beer and was only 10-15mins walk from the arena, and they had a big screen with the snooker on for the times I didn’t have tickets. Llandudno is lovely, thinking about doing it again next year. Think you would like it. MK is fairly easy for me to get to, I should try harder to do one of those tournaments, but all those bloody roundabouts.

Did I read correctly that CoC is at Bolton end of Oct? I’ve got a couple of spare holiday days. Is Bolton really the dream place I’ve heard about?

Not done Bolton.

And can't do the TC this year.

See how it goes next year.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 13 Dec 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Juddernaut88

Ck147 wrote:Have fun mate. At TC, found a good pub that did nice food and beer and was only 10-15mins walk from the arena, and they had a big screen with the snooker on for the times I didn’t have tickets. Llandudno is lovely, thinking about doing it again next year. Think you would like it. MK is fairly easy for me to get to, I should try harder to do one of those tournaments, but all those bloody roundabouts.

I've never been but I've heard it's rubbish. Also the crowd were very poor last year.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:Not the best night's sleep I've ever had.

Bed was comfortable enough. Maybe just sleeping in an odd bed is weird.

I never sleep well away from home, no matter how relaxed I feel or how comfortable the bed and room are, I think it’s the same for most people.

Postby SnookerFan

What the hell? I turned Film 4 on and there's some nice looking Muppet film on. Then suddenly some taxi hurts Kermit, and he has to go to hospital. I can't go into the snooker until I know if Kermit is going to be alright.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:No Crunchy Nut Cornflakes at the breakfast buffet.

But … the big fry-up?!?

Don’t leave us hanging! :hmmm:

maybe he's frying the cornflakes!

Oh yeah.

I had a fry up.

Great story. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Nearly out of snacks. What if I get back late and need a treat?

Maybe I should nip over to Asda for some Mars bars.

I had a salted caramel twix.

Enjoyed it <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:They put cushions on the seats when they heard SnookerFan was coming.

Only just noticed I have one underneath my chair. Ha Ha.

It's comfortable.

apparently there were some complaints during the doubles about the seat being uncomfortable so they added cushions.

sounds like it's working.

Postby Ck147

SnookerFan wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:They put cushions on the seats when they heard SnookerFan was coming.

Only just noticed I have one underneath my chair. Ha Ha.

It's comfortable.

Does it help with the piles?