Post a reply

Cazoo British Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 26th of September - Sunday 2nd of October at the Marshal Arena, Milton Keynes

Not The expected semi-final line up with Mark Allen the only player who has won a tournament lately but it gives a great opportunity to someone The winner will receive £100,000 a guarantee spot in the Champion of champions, World Grand Prix and Player's Championship thats £130,000 in the next 2 matches.

Who will reach the final?

DRAW

Semi Finals
Mark Allen v Noppon Saengkham Allen leads 2-1
Ryan Day v Robbie Williams Day leads 2-0

Re: Cazoo British Open Semi Finals !!!

Postby Juddernaut88

The Hong Kong Masters is on Eurosport 2 on Thursday 6th October till Sunday 9th October . Coverage starts at 6:30am UK time

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:Has Ryan Day ever won anything other than The Shoot-Out?

Yes. Riga masters, Gibraltar Open, Romanian Masters, Welsh Amateur Championship, Masters Qualifying Event, and various pro-ams.

Postby SnookerEd25

This is a good question. Hendon stated several times that Ryan had won three rankers, which surprised me.

I remember the shootout, he won a tournament in Romania, that wasn’t a ranker I’m fairly sure, but after that I’m struggling.

Anyone? :chin:

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:

This is a good question. Hendon stated several times that Ryan had won three rankers, which surprised me.

I remember the shootout, he won a tournament in Romania, that wasn’t a ranker I’m fairly sure, but after that I’m struggling.

Yes he had a purple patch a few years ago. Those events he won were lacking the top players as I remember.

Postby Wildey

SnookerEd25 wrote:

Riga Masters 2017

Gibraltar Open 2018
rubbish Show 2021

Reality is hes not won any in the real World Thats just Barry Hearn's fantasy land

Postby gninnur karona

Wildey wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Riga Masters 2017

Gibraltar Open 2018
rubbish Show 2021

Reality is hes not won any in the real World Thats just Barry Hearn's fantasy land

Well he did beat Barry Hawkins, Kyren Wilson, Joe Perry, Mark Williams and Stephen Maguire on his way to winning that Riga Masters.

In comparison the highest ranked player he's beaten in the British Open so far is Jimmy Robertson.

He may yet have to face Mark Allen but as things stand he could end up in the winner's enclosure tomorrow having not played any of the top 16.

Postby Wildey

gninnur karona wrote:
Wildey wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:

Riga Masters 2017

Gibraltar Open 2018
rubbish Show 2021

Well he did beat Barry Hawkins, Kyren Wilson, Joe Perry, Mark Williams and Stephen Maguire on his way to winning that Riga Masters.

In comparison the highest ranked player he's beaten in the British Open so far is Jimmy Robertson.

He may yet have to face Mark Allen but as things stand he could end up in the winner's enclosure tomorrow having not played any of the top 16.

He Beat Selby in the Final of the Shoot out the same season Selby became World Champion using your criteria that must be Ryan Day's greatest win

Postby Iranu

“I think Milton Keynes has embraced snooker.”

... have we been listening to different crowds? They’ve been terrible.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:“I think Milton Keynes has embraced snooker.”

The hotel next door has barely noticed it's on. Not bothered having it on in the bar etc.

Postby SteveJJ

SnookerFan wrote:

The hotel next door has barely noticed it's on. Not bothered having it on in the bar etc.

They might have thought that prior to today, anyone interested in the snooker would have been in the venue, given the empty seats. Not like they had to cater for a surplus in demand. Looks more to capacity today

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:

did you ask them to put it on?

Postby Cloud Strife

HappyCamper wrote:

Yes. Riga masters, Gibraltar Open, Romanian Masters, Welsh Amateur Championship, Masters Qualifying Event, and various pro-ams.

Those are the type of tournaments Judd usually wins.

Postby Wildey

SteveJJ wrote:If this continues one sidedly and finishes early then ITV may not put other tournaments on the main channel for a bit

They put Horse racing on zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby Juddernaut88

Cloud Strife wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Judd has only won the Gibraltar Open out of all those tournaments mentioned.
Your trolling has declined.

Postby Cloud Strife

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

Judd has only won the Gibraltar Open out of all those tournaments mentioned.
Your trolling has declined.

Can always rely on getting a bite from you, though.

On a happier note, Arsenal lead 3-1 in the North London derby. :-)

Postby HappyCamper

trump did win the masters qualifying event once, in 2009! but he then lost to mark allen in the wild card round of the masters proper.