Post a reply

Re: Cazoo Champion of Champions Final !!!!

Postby Acé

That World Grand prix 2021 win vs Robertson gave Ronnie massive confidence followed by the players championship win vs Judd

getting pretty much battered since then by a 46-47 year old, every match in 2022 Judd has never been in a winning position

whoever gets a good start - wins

Postby TheRocket

The last time Ronnie was the reigning World Champ he was getting battered in finals (20/21) and even lost to Jordan Brown but now hes is playing with full of confidence and the belief that he is the best player of the World. There is more to come this season for sure.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:The last time Ronnie was the reigning World Champ he was getting battered in finals (20/21) and even lost to Jordan Brown but now hes is playing with full of confidence and the belief that he is the best player of the World. There is more to come this season for sure.

What a difference a crowd makes

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The last time Ronnie was the reigning World Champ he was getting battered in finals (20/21) and even lost to Jordan Brown but now hes is playing with full of confidence and the belief that he is the best player of the World. There is more to come this season for sure.

Crowd plays a factor but I also think he just feels stronger as a player. He played much better in 2022 to win the World title which gave him a lot of confidence for this season. 2020 was the worst he played and still won.

Postby LC

Iranu wrote:

I think that might be the reason, and when it’s a massive occasion he’s defo more motivated WC/HK/COC, if he wins a few rounds in UK he might fancy it, or could be Masters

Postby Juddernaut88

Disappointment performance from Judd overall today. I said at the start of the final how important it was for him to start off well and once again he left himself too much to do. When he trailed 7-6 I knew Ronnie would raise his game after the interval and half expected Judd wasn't going to win another frame.

Ronnie played very well and deserved the win so congratulations to him. There are of course positives to take from this week as Judd played well against Allen and Selby but he failed to produce that crucially in the final and he is struggling against Ronnie currently. I am confident he will hopefully win a few titles this season but he more than likely will need to avoid Ronnie.

Postby Andre147

Acé wrote:ronnie still hasn't cracked the top 50 of the 1 year rankings and has already won 2 big tournaments lol

Imagine he won The Masters this season too, and yet didn't qualify for the World Grand Prix... would be funny if that happened.

Postby 1892

Juddernaut88 wrote:Disappointment performance from Judd overall today. I said at the start of the final how important it was for him to start off well and once again he left himself too much to do. When he trailed 7-6 I knew Ronnie would raise his game after the interval and half expected Judd wasn't going to win another frame.

Ronnie played very well and deserved the win so congratulations to him. There are of course positives to take from this week as Judd played well against Allen and Selby but he failed to produce that crucially in the final and he is struggling against Ronnie currently. I am confident he will hopefully win a few titles this season but he more than likely will need to avoid Ronnie.

Had a feeling today was going to be similar to the Masters final in 2019 because of the way Trump played in his previous two matches, his game was flawless.

Can see him winning a big title or more this season as he is getting close to that unbeatable form.

Postby Andre147

By the way, Wild mentioned in his description when he opened this Final thread, that has ever 2 players met more often in Finals? Judd and Ronnie have now played 12 Finals.

But in fact Ronnie himself has played 17 Finals over the years with rival John Higgins. Stephen Hendry v Steve Davis played in 15 finals. ROS v Trump comes 3rd in the all time list of Finals played between two players.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Andre147 wrote: Judd and Ronnie have now played 12 Finals.

But in fact Ronnie himself has played 17 Finals over the years with rival John Higgins. Stephen Hendry v Steve Davis played in 15 finals. ROS v Trump comes 3rd in the all time list of Finals played between two players.

Interesting!

Postby Dan-cat

I had Ronnie as slight favourite, I seem to be in the minority.

Managed to watch the first six frames late last night, then this morning clicked on the wrong frame and the score was 9-6. Oh well!

Nice maxi. Get in Ronnie! Seems the tables have turned in finals against Judd - didn’t see that trend reversing.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I had Ronnie as slight favourite, I seem to be in the minority.

Managed to watch the first six frames late last night, then this morning clicked on the wrong frame and the score was 9-6. Oh well!

Nice maxi. Get in Ronnie! Seems the tables have turned in finals against Judd - didn’t see that trend reversing.

I think most of us had it as close to 50/50.

As I said before the final, Judd had played better this week. That's probably what a lot of people were thinking. Whereas Ronnie had missed a lot of long pots this week. On Thursday night particularly. If he'd played somebody more dangerous in the Semis, he may not have won.

But it's all what happens on the day. Judd fought back well, but Ronnie was better at the start and at the end of the match.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's long potting still wasnt sharp in the Final, but luckily Judd didn't take advantage of it early on.

But Ronnie's first 2 frames and last 3 frames of the Final were his A game and it managed to win him the Final in the end.

Postby TheRocket

The main difference for me between Ronnie and any other player in Snooker history is that his scoring is always there. It never goes away. Irrespective of how good or bad his long potting or safety game is on that day but when he is close in the balls he wins frames in one visit. Whereas many other players including the very best when they have an average or bad day they struggle to make a 50.

And for me this is the key reason why ROS is the player he is.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:The main difference for me between Ronnie and any other player in Snooker history is that his scoring is always there. It never goes away. Irrespective of how good or bad his long potting or safety game is on that day but when he is close in the balls he wins frames in one visit. Whereas many other players including the very best when they have an average or bad day they struggle to make a 50.

And for me this is the key reason why ROS is the player he is.

<ok>

Postby Georgi1914

No more mental burdens after winning his 7th world title. Ronnie can now play relaxed and confident as the undisputed GOAT he is and I reckon that will materialize in a few more big titles including 1 or 2 world titles. It will be a matter of inspiration and how long he plans to continue playing professionally. And of course till any age-related decline shows up in his game, which isn't visible on the horizon thankfully. :)

Postby Holden Chinaski

Georgi1914 wrote:No more mental burdens after winning his 7th world title. Ronnie can now play relaxed and confident as the undisputed GOAT he is and I reckon that will materialize in a few more big titles including 1 or 2 world titles. It will be a matter of inspiration and how long he plans to continue playing professionally. And of course till any age-related decline shows up in his game, which isn't visible on the horizon thankfully. :)

:goodpost:

Postby McManusFan

Dan-cat wrote:I had Ronnie as slight favourite, I seem to be in the minority.

Throughout the week Judd probably played the best snooker. He just didn't bring the goods to the final.

Postby eraserhead

Well done Ronnie :win: :win: :win:

Saw bits and pieces but couldn't really give it any attention. Is there an easy way to watch the whole match in full?

Congrats Judd on the maxi :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:ITV Player has the whole final :D

I'm in no hurry to watch it.

Perhaps watch the 2019 CoC Final then <ok>

Postby Juddernaut88

Andre147 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:ITV Player has the whole final :D

I'm in no hurry to watch it.

Perhaps watch the 2019 CoC Final then <ok>

No thanks. I'll watch last year's.