Post a reply

Cazoo Champion of Champions Final !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Sunday 6th of November at the University of Bolton Stadium, Bolton

So Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan in what will be theire 12th Final has another 2 players ever met that often in Finals?

Record of Both is spectacular against each other as you see.

Who will win this Time?

DRAW

FINAL

Judd Trump v Ronnie O'Sullivan

Click for Head to Heads

Overall Tied at 15-15
Main Tournaments Tied at 11-11
Multi Session Matches Tied at 6-6
Finals Trump leads 7-4

(Not Available in the UK)

OTHER BRODCASTERS

Re: Cazoo Champion of Champions Final !!!!

Postby mantorok

Still wouldn’t surprise me if Ronnie bursts into life, look who he’s had to beat so far, he’ll be more up for this I reckon.

Then again Judd trouncing him also wouldn’t surprise me, that’s what makes it intriguing.

Postby Ck147

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:so hard to predict this. Truly a 50/50 match.

Really? I’d make Judd 70/30 favourite.

55/45 for me, come on Judd!

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

I wonder if that user still posts on here.

Postby Wildey

Ck147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

55/45 for me, come on Judd!

51.5-48.5 Trump

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:

I disagree. Ronnie is scoring far too good to only have a 30% chance of winning. And that will always put pressure on any opponent and at least keep him in the match.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:

I disagree. Ronnie is scoring far too good to only have a 30% chance of winning. And that will always put pressure on any opponent and at least keep him in the match.

I make Judd favourite because his long potting and safety both seem top drawer, and his scoring is as good as Ronnie’s. I’d be happy to be wrong!

Postby SnookerEd25

mantorok wrote:Judd favarite?

I suppose if you had to pick a favourite, you’d probably edge Trump. Loooks pretty 50/50 to me though. Good start could ultimately be the difference either way.

Postby Andre147

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Ronnie'll go out to Ding. He's no longer a tournament finalist, he showed that in Chengdu.

I wonder if that user still posts on here.

He doesn't. He's banned for good I think.

Postby mantorok

I’m a huge Ronnie fan and a big Judd fan. If I’m honest I think it’s Judd’s time now, so really I hope he can claim this one and get back on track, I think someone like him can take this game by the scruff of the neck, he’s a level above others in the field. This is easy viewing for me.

Postby Andre147

I didn't see many people here, if any, mention it but Ronnie's victory against Trump last season at the Players Champs helped him massively to win the world final against him. Had he lost that match, he might not have had the confidence to beat Trump in Sheffield.

Tomorrow's final is pretty much 50/50, and this rivarly has developed big time as TR already mentioned. Same styles of play, different generations, but the old man can still beat the young one in his prime as seen recently.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:I didn't see many people here, if any, mention it but Ronnie's victory against Trump last season at the Players Champs helped him massively to win the world final against him. Had he lost that match, he might not have had the confidence to beat Trump in Sheffield.

Tomorrow's final is pretty much 50/50, and this rivarly has developed big time as TR already mentioned. Same styles of play, different generations, but the old man can still beat the young one in his prime as seen recently.

Crazy that one of Judd’s biggest rivals (maybe his biggest) is 15 years older than him.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I didn't see many people here, if any, mention it but Ronnie's victory against Trump last season at the Players Champs helped him massively to win the world final against him. Had he lost that match, he might not have had the confidence to beat Trump in Sheffield.

Crazy that one of Judd’s biggest rivals (maybe his biggest) is 15 years older than him.

Hard to pick between Higgins and Ronnie, but crazy that both are 15 years older than Trump.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Hard to pick between Higgins and Ronnie, but crazy that both are 15 years older than Trump.

And considering the matches Judd has had with Robbo, makes it even weirder.

(Personally I’d put Robbo above Higgins tbf)

Postby Andre147

The only thing that might see Ronnie lose this Final is his long potting if it continues to be poor by his standards.

If he improves, he really should challenge Trump to win. Can't forget the 2014 CoC Final between the two, one of Ronnie's finest performances, I believe he finished the match with 97% pot sucess!

Postby TheRocket

Yes for me there is no doubt this is the main rivalry in Snooker since the last 7 or 8 years. I said 10 years at first which was hyperbolical but certainly 7 or 8 years. You could probably say since the 2014 CoC final.

Then you have ROS-Robbo and Trump-Robbo on 2nd and 3rd place. These three match ups are the title definining rivalries for a while now.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

Yes for me there is no doubt this is the main rivalry in Snooker since the last 7 or 8 years. I said 10 years at first which was hyperbolical but certainly 7 or 8 years. You could probably say since the 2014 CoC final.

Then you have ROS-Robbo and Trump-Robbo on 2nd and 3rd place. These three match ups are the title definining rivalries for a while now.

ROS v Selby certainly too no? But for a while longer, 2008 probably.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

ROS vs Selby is a legendary rivalry but I mean in terms of the last few years. ROS,Trump and Robbo are the three players who seem to meet each other the most in the major matches, especially in finals. They are the title defining rivalries for a while now. In fact ROS has played more matches against Robbo now than he has against Selby which says a lot and thats only because of the last few years.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

ROS vs Selby is a legendary rivalry but I mean in terms of the last few years. ROS,Trump and Robbo are the three players who seem to meet each other the most in the major matches, especially in finals. They are the title defining rivalries for a while now. In fact ROS has played more matches against Robbo now than he has against Selby which says a lot and thats only because of the last few years.

You're right, those 3 players have been winning most of the titles and their respective rivarlies are great to watch, tomorrow is another chapter.

Whilst I agree to an extent that a Trump victory tomorrow could kick start his season and see him win more events, what he needs to start doing is winning the TC events and not just other regular rankers. This is the only way he'll be regarded as a true great of the game.

Postby Ck147

TheRocket wrote:

I can go with Ronnie-Trump being top, classic younger generation vs older, and always good matches. But for me, second would be Robbo-Trump, think their matches are closer and generally go down to an epic decider, whereas with Ronnie-Robbo one of them usually moves ahead towards the end. (Haven’t checked stats, so could be wrong, just my feeling.) Either way, they are top 3 and any combination is a top notch match.