Post a reply

Betvictor Scottish Open Final!

Postby Juddernaut88

Image Image Image

Monday 28th November- Sunday 4th December at Meadowbank Sports Centre in Edinburgh

We have 2 unlikely finalists. Joe O'Connor and Gary Wilson who are both looking for their first ranking title. This is Joe's first ranking final. Gary Wilson has reached 2 finals previously. Which player will hold their nerve to clinch the £80,000 prize money and clinch their first ranking title?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

The Final (Best of 17)

Sunday 4th December
13:00 and 19:00
Gary Wilson vs Joe O'Connor Never played before

Last edited by Juddernaut88 on 04 Dec 2022, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Betvictor Scottish Open Final!

Postby TheRocket

No result would surprise me with this match. Extremely hard to predict. Could be a high quality match, poor quality, close or very one sided if one of them feels the nerves and collapses.

As a neutral I hope its close and high quality of course.

Postby gninnur karona

Joe O'Connor on the threshold of becoming the youngest non-Chinese player on tour to have won a ranking event. Given that he's already knocked out Zhao Xintong, Ding Junhui, Mark Williams, Ricky Walden and Neil Robertson he fully deserves the opportunity to play this final. Yet Gary Wilson has hardly had an easy run either counting Ronnie O'Sullivan, Hossein Vafaei, Kyren Wilson and Thepchaiya Un-Nooh among his victims - he fully deserves his chance to play for a first ranking title too. Let's hope both players retain their good form and it proves a cracking match.

Postby Ck147

Wildey wrote:The only result on record is a 4-3 win for Gary in the pink ribbon 8 years ago https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/gar ... vent,event

Interesting, although I want Joe to win, I think he may have spent himself tonight beating Robbo, think Wilson has the upper hand, hope I’m wrong.

Postby HappyCamper

Ck147 wrote:
Wildey wrote:The only result on record is a 4-3 win for Gary in the pink ribbon 8 years ago https://cuetracker.net/head-to-head/gar ... vent,event

Interesting, although I want Joe to win, I think he may have spent himself tonight beating Robbo, think Wilson has the upper hand, hope I’m wrong.

he came from 2-0 down to beat ding past one in the morning. then the next (really same) day beat mark j williams in a decider. don't think that will be an issue.

Postby Ck147

HappyCamper wrote:
Ck147 wrote:

he came from 2-0 down to beat ding past one in the morning. then the next (really same) day beat mark j williams in a decider. don't think that will be an issue.

Hope not, let’s see!

Postby eraserhead

Well done to both players for getting here, could be a dog rubbish final. Both will think they can win, hope it goes down to the last frame and a midnight twitch fest.

Postby hendry_fan

Many congrats to both in managin to reach the Final!. :hatoff:

I don,t mind at all who,ll win,but i predict that Gary will.

Postby SnookerEd25

Hmmmm :chin:

I would like Joe to win, but Gary would bag me a hatful of ThinkPink points and get me out of the relegation zone - so should I root for him on that basis? Even though I have never taken to him as a player. :chin:

A dilemma, for sure :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Wow. Robbo. :shock:

Can't believe you didn't watch the rest of the match.

I was hungover, went to sleep. :sad:

Luckily that's a rarity these days.

Postby HappyCamper

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

getting to sleep?

Postby SnookerFan

HappyCamper wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

getting to sleep?

rofl