Post a reply

WST Classic last 128 !!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Thursday 16th - Wednesday 22nd of March at the Morningside Arena, Leicester

After the Cancelation of the Turkish Masters WST could have told the majority of players see you for the World Championship in Sheffield but all credit they didnt and this Tournament was concieved last minute.

The Format is a little short but its bigger than the British Open won by Mark Williams last season then this season that was extended.

In the event will be Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Mark Selby, Neil Robertson, John Higgins amongst others.

Who will reach the Last ?

DRAW

Selected Last 128
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mohamed Ibrahim
Ryan Day v Steven Hallworth
Luca Brecel v Haydon Pinhey
Liam Highfield v Marco Fu
Zhou Yuelong v Julien Leclercq
Jackson Page v Anton Kazakov
Mark Williams v Sean O'Sullivan
Judd Trump v David Lilley
Joe Perry v Duane Jones
Graeme Dott v Jimmy White
Jack Lisowski v Louis Heathcote
Ricky Walden v Ben Mertens
Hossein Vafaei v John J Astley
Barry Hawkins v Barry Pinches
Joe O'Connor v Jamie O'Neill
Neil Robertson v Luke Simmonds
Mark Allen v Peter Lines
Mark Davis v Fergal O'Brien
Stuart Bingham v Ng On Yee
Matthew Stevens v Victor Sarkis
Martin Gould v Andrew Higginson
Thepchaiya Un-Nooh v Asjad Iqbal
Ding Junhui v Xu Si
Ali Carter v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Anthony Hamilton v Farakh Ajaib
Shaun Murphy v Oliver Brown
Kyren Wilson v Dean Young
Stuart Carrington v Adam Duffy
Chris Wakelin v Reanne Evans
John Higgins v Michael White
Tom Ford v Andrew Pagett
Jamie Clarke v Rebecca Kenna
David Gilbert v Ian Martin
Robert Milkins v Mink Nutcharut
Stephen Maguire v Alexander Ursenbacher
Mark Selby v Fraser Patrick

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: WST Classic last 128 !!!

Postby Minimum Break

SnookerFan wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:Matchroom.live is showing that 2 Tables will be streamed. I assume commentary will only be on Table 1.

They still haven't announced what the cost to watch will be either.

Edit: Seems like it's £4.99.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nztennispodc ... 0413906946

Yeah. I'm not getting that.

I wouldn't pay just to watch this, but it's nice to get it as a bonus having already signed up to watch the Players Championship.

Postby SnookerFan

Minimum Break wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Minimum Break wrote:Matchroom.live is showing that 2 Tables will be streamed. I assume commentary will only be on Table 1.

They still haven't announced what the cost to watch will be either.

Edit: Seems like it's £4.99.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nztennispodc ... 0413906946

Yeah. I'm not getting that.

I wouldn't pay just to watch this, but it's nice to get it as a bonus having already signed up to watch the Players Championship.

<ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Minimum Break wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:Does tournament count towards the rankings list?

Yes.

Counts for Tour Championship as well.

Cheers

Postby Juddernaut88

Juddernaut88 wrote:Looks like this is on Discovery plus. Eurosport just advertised it now.

However I've had a look at the schedule on Eurosport player next week and nothing is mentioned yet.

Postby Minimum Break

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Looks like this is on Discovery plus. Eurosport just advertised it now.

However I've had a look at the schedule on Eurosport player next week and nothing is mentioned yet.

They probably mistakenly showed an ad they made when they were intending to show it.

It's definitely only on Matchroom.live everywhere except China, Hong Kong and Thailand.

https://wst.tv/sign-up-to-watch-wst-classic/

Postby Dan-cat

I think I will have one coffee and croissant less this month and pay for Matchroom live. The only reason I didn’t previously is because it wouldn’t take my Spanish card.

Imagine not wanting to give the organisation that runs your beloved sport £5.

Postby McManusFan

What's very frustrating about it being on Matchroom is that the Turkish was originally going to be on Disco+. It's annoying the replacement tournament isn't. I imagine this is largely discovery+'s fault rather than WST's.

Postby SnookerEd25

I wouldn’t give Matchroom a fiver. Their presentation doesn’t justify it.

I may take up drinking coffee instead, or turn my occasional croissant into a regular one :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:I wouldn’t give Matchroom a fiver. Their presentation doesn’t justify it.

I may take up drinking coffee instead, or turn my occasional croissant into a regular one :chin:

But they saved Christmas. :?

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:I wouldn’t give Matchroom a fiver. Their presentation doesn’t justify it.

But they saved Christmas. :?

how do you know that? You forgot

Postby Juddernaut88

Dan-cat wrote:I think I will have one coffee and croissant less this month and pay for Matchroom live. The only reason I didn’t previously is because it wouldn’t take my Spanish card.

It's the principle of it though. Especially when we are already paying for loads of different subscriptions and initially this was going to be on Discovery plus.

Postby Wildey

Juddernaut88 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I think I will have one coffee and croissant less this month and pay for Matchroom live. The only reason I didn’t previously is because it wouldn’t take my Spanish card.

It's the principle of it though. Especially when we are already paying for loads of different subscriptions and initially this was going to be on Discovery plus.

Thats the Future of TV this whole Gary Lineker thing will eventually Bring the BBC as we know it to a end. Everyone Has to pay subscription for that on top of all other TV Subscription which is wrong Just pay for what you want to watch

Postby LDS

Wildey wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:

Thats the Future of TV this whole Gary Lineker thing will eventually Bring the BBC as we know it to a end. Everyone Has to pay subscription for that on top of all other TV Subscription which is wrong Just pay for what you want to watch

A nice ideal, but you miss the whole point of the BBC.

1) You cannot pay to watch what you want as no-one knows what you want to watch. People with shed loads of money make 'products' that they then try to market to 'consumers'.

In a commercial world, this means products that somehow relate to other tie-in commercial entities, like a sit-com or drama where all the cool people smoke, or drink Fosters or whatever.

In a BBC world, this means trying to cater to a 'higher' ideal, that of producing more 'educational' or 'inspirational' or 'artistic' products that don't necessarily tie-in with someone's random bottom line.

2) In a commercial world, TV is just adverts interrupted by the occasional bit of programming. In a BBC world, TV is programming that's occasionally interrupted by adverts for other programming.

It baffles me no end how desperate some people are to get rid of the Beeb. If you'll excuse the pun, without the Beeb tele would be possibly the most Pointless thing you could do with your life.

Youtube looked like it could finally be the advancement in broadcasting that could replace the Beeb, but, christ, have you seen that recently? If you're not subscribed to Youtube then you can easily watch 40 seconds of adverts to watch a 15 second video <laugh>

Postby McManusFan

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:You don’t have to pay a subscription to the BBC.

Isn't that what the TV License is?

No that's a license to watch any live TV. You need one even if you only watch sky.

Postby Wildey

McManusFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:You don’t have to pay a subscription to the BBC.

Isn't that what the TV License is?

No that's a license to watch any live TV. You need one even if you only watch sky.

The only people getting any of that is the BBC nobody else gets a penny

Postby LDS

Holden Chinaski wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:one can use ad-block on youtube.

Indeed. I never get adverts on youtube.

Yes, I used to have adblock back in Windows 7 days when it all started, I can't be bothered any more and just reduced the amount of random videos I watched.

Even if a a million or two people use the adblockers, the vast, vast majority don't and the content is still more and more tailored to what is advert friendly.

Many of the channels I've watched since it started over 15 years ago are now having to censor their content as if they're pretty much pre-watershed, and they're channels that are/were mostly cool for the precise reason that they didn't have to/want to adhere to the b*ullsh*it.

Just one of the many creeping encroachments on Youtube since those days. There are many other affects, too numerous to mention in a snooker thread.

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody wataching?

I will be.

I can see both sides of the argument re paying £4.99. Dan and Judders both make valid points. At the end of the day I don’t mind spending a fiver as a one-off, because I love snooker and it might end up being quite an interesting little tournament.