Post a reply

Re: Duelbits Tour Championship Mark Selby v Ryan Day !!!

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:I think at this stage ITV are keeping her on for comedy value, I can just picture everyone backstage snake hissing themselves and running sweepstakes on the next blunder.

They’re keeping her on because she’s the closest thing they have to a Hazel.

If she wasn’t Scottish she wouldn’t have the job.

What’s sad is that it couldn’t be more clear she doesn’t give a buck about snooker. A decade on she knows nothing about the game, can’t make conversation about it without stumbling over every other word, can’t remember players’ names or where she bucking is.

It’s embarrassing and it makes snooker feel low-rent.

When Rishi Persad steps in for her he is SO much better. And I’ve been watching snooker long enough to remember people complaining about him when he subbed for Hazel on the BBC.

Postby mantorok

Iranu wrote:
mantorok wrote:I think at this stage ITV are keeping her on for comedy value, I can just picture everyone backstage snake hissing themselves and running sweepstakes on the next blunder.

What’s sad is that it couldn’t be more clear she doesn’t give a buck about snooker. A decade on she knows nothing about the game, can’t make conversation about it without stumbling over every other word, can’t remember players’ names or where she bucking is.

When Rishi Persad steps in for her he is SO much better. And I’ve been watching snooker long enough to remember people complaining about him when he subbed for Hazel on the BBC.

Keep your knickers on I was joking!

Postby Iranu

mantorok wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Keep your knickers on I was joking!

I stand by it

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:

Sorry Iranu, but that's ridiculous. Watching these clips they've been showing this week of the last 10 years of ITV snooker, it's clear everyone involved is having a great time. That's the reason she's still doing the job, it looks like a healthy fun work environment.

I understand that you'd rather it was a slicker operation. But I like the gaffs, and the sense of levity they bring to the coverage.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Sorry Iranu, but that's ridiculous. Watching these clips they've been showing this week of the last 10 years of ITV snooker, it's clear everyone involved is having a great time. That's the reason she's still doing the job, it looks like a healthy fun work environment.

I understand that you'd rather it was a slicker operation. But I like the gaffs, and the sense of levity they bring to the coverage.

Plenty of people have a great time while doing a rubbish job.

I’ve said before she’s great at the banter side of things.

That doesn’t make up for consistently bucking up her actual job which is presenting the snooker action.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:She has great chemistry with the other pundits. Not everyone on the panel has to be a snooker expert. She's the anchor. zzz

But they should be able to speak complete bucking sentences about snooker if that’s her job.

She literally can’t do that.

She’s dreadful. And she has had a decade to improve. She hasn’f.

Postby Dan-cat

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

He's a special one isn't he

Postby Dan-cat

Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:She has great chemistry with the other pundits. Not everyone on the panel has to be a snooker expert. She's the anchor. zzz

But they should be able to speak complete bucking sentences about snooker if that’s her job.

She literally can’t do that.

She’s dreadful. And she has had a decade to improve. She hasn’f.

Special.

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Jill is one of the best people there is. I'm not sure what Iranu's agenda is.

That’s just because you’re comparing her to Rachel.

Well I do find it a bit strange that your so vocal about someone making an occasional booboo, but you've nothing to say about the woman who was conspicuous in her absence at Waco.

Postby Iranu

Oh and by the way, it’s nothing to do with wanting a “slicker operation”.

ITV’s coverage is very slick. And in a lot of ways I prefer it to Eurosport and BBC coverage.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Jill is one of the best people there is. I'm not sure what Iranu's agenda is.

Well I do find it a bit strange that your so vocal about someone making an occasional booboo, but you've nothing to say about the woman who was conspicuous in her absence at Waco.

Because I support it duh

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Because I support it duh

Says all we need to know.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Special.

Do you think that’s an appropriate way for a mod to speak about a forum member for expressing their opinion?

Iranu: I’m mucking about. Is that ok?

NO.

I expect your resignation letter forthwith.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was Day's maximum a sixteen redder?

No he had a 16 red clearance as well. Technically a 16 red clearance wouldn’t pay out the maximum period which I’ve always thought weird, even if all blacks.

Ah right.

I saw somebody talking about his 16 red break on Twitter.

I wondered, because I wouldn't have counted a 16 red 147 as maximum.

Postby McManusFan

Iranu wrote:Oh and by the way, it’s nothing to do with wanting a “slicker operation”.

ITV’s coverage is very slick. And in a lot of ways I prefer it to Eurosport and BBC coverage.

Well you do want the Jill part of it to be slicker!

I get that her style isn't to your taste, and I respect that. It's the part about her only having the job because of the superficial similarities to Hazel that I find ridiculous.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was Day's maximum a sixteen redder?

No he had a 16 red clearance as well. Technically a 16 red clearance wouldn’t pay out the maximum period which I’ve always thought weird, even if all blacks.

Ah right.

I saw somebody talking about his 16 red break on Twitter.

I wondered, because I wouldn't have counted a 16 red 147 as maximum.

I’ve never understood why a 155 - 16 reds with all blacks isn’t a maximum. It’s better than a maximum! I think I asked Dave Hendon about this on Twitter once.