Post a reply

Re: Duelbits Tour Championship Mark Selby v Ryan Day !!!

Postby Minimum Break

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Was Day's maximum a sixteen redder?

No he had a 16 red clearance as well. Technically a 16 red clearance wouldn’t pay out the maximum period which I’ve always thought weird, even if all blacks.

Ah right.

I saw somebody talking about his 16 red break on Twitter.

I wondered, because I wouldn't have counted a 16 red 147 as maximum.

I’ve never understood why a 155 - 16 reds with all blacks isn’t a maximum. It’s better than a maximum! I think I asked Dave Hendon about this on Twitter once.

I'm sure I've heard quite recently that it is considered a Maximum now.

Postby Iranu

McManusFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Oh and by the way, it’s nothing to do with wanting a “slicker operation”.

ITV’s coverage is very slick. And in a lot of ways I prefer it to Eurosport and BBC coverage.

Well you do want the Jill part of it to be slicker!

I get that her style isn't to your taste, and I respect that. It's the part about her only having the job because of the superficial similarities to Hazel that I find ridiculous.

How clear do I have to be?

It’s nothing to do with style.

Her style would be fine IF SHE WAS GOOD AT IT. She isn’t.

Postby HappyCamper

McManusFan wrote:Surely a 155 is a maximum, but a 154 wouldn't be.

yes. sixteen reds and blacks would qualify as a maximum. but a sixteen red clearance above 147 but below 155 would not.

it could potentially lead to a situation where the high break and max bonus prizes go to different players.

Postby Dan-cat

HappyCamper wrote:

yes. sixteen reds and blacks would qualify as a maximum. but a sixteen red clearance above 147 but below 155 would not.

it could potentially lead to a situation where the high break and max bonus prizes go to different players.

I just don't think you're right, I asked Hendon about this. Maxi prize only pays out if it's the standard 147, 15 red clearance.

I imagine if it happened it would be an uproar though

Postby HappyCamper

Dan-cat wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

I just don't think you're right, I asked Hendon about this. Maxi prize only pays out if it's the standard 147, 15 red clearance.

the maximum prize, if any, would be defined in individual tournament rules; so would be up to the promoter.

Postby SnookerEd25

Dan-cat wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

But, Dan, is Hendon the guy who decides these things? :chin:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
McManusFan wrote:
Prop wrote:Hull is such a marmite place for a big tournament.

Leave Hull alone!

I can think of seventeen places Hull is better than…

Name them please.

I will not, out of respect for any Islanders who may live in one of them, SF.

Hey.

Croydon has currently got some nicely coloured painted giraffes, I'll have you know.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:I know, I saw one the other day and thought “that’s very nicely painted”

Not sure if I got the point of them though? :chin:

Local artists have been creating them as Croydon is *giggles* City Of Culture this year.

Currently, they make part of an art trail, and you can get free maps all over Croydon, so you can go round and look for them.

Eventually, they're going to be auctioned off for a homeless charity.

Postby The_Abbott

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:No way! But Croydon isn’t a city, Shirley? I thought you lot kept getting rejected for city status (too many chick’n shops, or something…)

No it's not.

I meant Borough Of Culture.

where culture is stolen

Postby SnookerFan

The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:No way! But Croydon isn’t a city, Shirley? I thought you lot kept getting rejected for city status (too many chick’n shops, or something…)

No it's not.

where culture is stolen

You're thinking of the British museum.

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
The_Abbott wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

No it's not.

where culture is stolen

You're thinking of the British museum.

Topical :hatoff: