Post a reply

Re: Duelbits Tour Championship Ding Junhui v Kyren Wilson !!

Postby HappyCamper

Womble wrote:Did they say that this tournament carries ranking points? How is that fair if only eight people are allowed to play in it? That is more ridiculous than playing BO7s all the time. RANT. RAVE. :|

everyone starts the season on zero points so has an equal* opportunities to qualify.

*at lest up to effects of seedings, random draws etc

Postby mantorok

Womble wrote:Did they say that this tournament carries ranking points? How is that fair if only eight people are allowed to play in it? That is more ridiculous than playing BO7s all the time. RANT. RAVE. :|

They're all playing in BO19s against fellow top performers on the same list, it's not like it's easy to win matches in this event, so there should be ample reward imo

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:

They're all playing in BO19s against fellow top performers on the same list, it's not like it's easy to win matches in this event, so there should be ample reward imo

They've got here by winning ranking points on the one year list, why shouldn't it carry ranking points? Last thing we need is anymore invitationals that don't carry ranking points like the CoC and the Masters, and the HK Masters. Oh don't get me started. All tournaments should count towards ranking. Ronnie and Judd would rightly be in the Top 8 and playing in this tournament if that were the case.

In fact Ronnie and Judd are 2 and 3 respectively on the money list this year, after the Pistol. It's bollux. RANT. RAVE.

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:why shouldn't it carry ranking points?

Not sure why you're ranting at me, I was arguing why it should be a ranking event.

I think Womble's point was probably that players who have earned the most ranking points maybe don't require the additional points this event carries?

Postby Womble

HappyCamper wrote:

everyone starts the season on zero points so has an equal* opportunities to qualify.

I did not know that. But, even so, what this tournament does is allow those qualifiers to pull further ahead on ranking points without giving any of the non-qualifiers an equal chance to catch up. I wouldn't stand for any of that nonsense on my pro tiddlywinks tour. <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

mantorok wrote:

Not sure why you're ranting at me, I was arguing why it should be a ranking event.

I think Womble's point was probably that players who have earned the most ranking points maybe don't require the additional points this event carries?

I'm not ranting anyone me great mate. It was a rant at the ranking system :)

Postby mantorok

Dan-cat wrote:
mantorok wrote:

I'm not ranting anyone me great mate. It was a rant at the ranking system :)

Cool <ok>

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:We're having one of those mornings where nobody seems to understand anything that anybody else is talking about.

I didn't sleep well last night :sad:

Yeah, I hate when that happens.

So, about Ryan Day.... :chin:

Postby HappyCamper

Womble wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

I did not know that. But, even so, what this tournament does is allow those qualifiers to pull further ahead on ranking points without giving any of the non-qualifiers an equal chance to catch up. I wouldn't stand for any of that nonsense on my pro tiddlywinks tour. <laugh>

that's true at the last eight stage of any tournament. anyone still standing can add to their tally by winning more matches.

the ranking system as it stands is not terribly rational. but having ranking points for the duelbits series does still fit with its logic.

Postby Dan-cat

I know that some of what I'm suggesting is impractical - for example the HK Masters had wildcards so that aint gonna work.

It just seems utterly perverse - bad business - that two of the biggest draws of the game - Ronnie and Judd - are not at the Tour Champs, when they are 2 and 3 on the one year money list.

Postby HappyCamper

o'sullivan and trump didn't do well enough in qualifying events, didums. it's a merit based competition.

if you want some exhibitions with some pre-determined names then feel free to have those separately.

Postby Iranu

Dan-cat wrote:I know that some of what I'm suggesting is impractical - for example the HK Masters had wildcards so that aint gonna work.

It just seems utterly perverse - bad business - that two of the biggest draws of the game - Ronnie and Judd - are not at the Tour Champs, when they are 2 and 3 on the one year money list.

rofl perverse?

They knew what they had to do to get in. They shouldn’t benefit either from some tournaments having arbitrarily larger prizes than others.