Post a reply

Re: Riyadh Season World Masters

Postby Prop

I bucking called it yesterday <laugh>

Prop wrote:I don’t think this 167 is going to happen. They’ll have to up the anti next season… Two golden balls <ok>

Postby HappyCamper

D4P wrote:Ronnie has won all four $200,000+ first prize cheques so far this season. There's one left...

No there isn't, the remaining events all pay in GBP.

Postby D4P

HappyCamper wrote:
D4P wrote:Ronnie has won all four $200,000+ first prize cheques so far this season. There's one left...

No there isn't, the remaining events all pay in GBP.

I intended for $ to be a universal currency symbol. My keyboard doesn't have any alternatives...

Postby TheRocket

ROS record in invitational events is just crazy. He is really owning it. When there is a lot of money, a good crowd and one table stage, you know he is the clear cut favourite to win it and once again he is proving it.

Postby LC

Andre147 wrote:A motivated Ronnie is so different, clear as water to see.

There was definitely a difference between here and at the players, yes ppl will say it’s because he got crushed by selby that it’s an easy excuse, but it’s obvious when you’ve watched him for years

Postby Juddernaut88

I hope next season they will make it a 5-6 day event at least and have longer matches. They can just have 1 match in the afternoon and 1 in the eveving. Best of 9s, then best of 11 semi final and a best of 19 final.

Postby TheRocket

Juddernaut88 wrote:I hope next season they will make it a 5-6 day event at least and have longer matches. They can just have 1 match in the afternoon and 1 in the eveving. Best of 9s, then best of 11 semi final and a best of 19 final.

:goodpost:

Postby Iranu

Prop wrote:
Iranu wrote:
Prop wrote:Feels dirty.

Post cup clarity

Yup.

Have a shower, delete your history and pretend it never happened.

Postby Alex0paul

Motivated by money as usual

Postby D4P

Alex0paul wrote:

On one hand, I don't think he cares that much about money, in the sense that I don't think he lives a particularly lavish lifestyle. I don't think he spends a ton of money on himself.

On the other hand, while he keeps saying that he doesn't play snooker for money, he clearly puts more effort into winning the events with the biggest monetary prizes, though it's also true that the big money events overlap with the "prestigious events", that are prestigious in ways that are not only about money. (Any player who genuinely didn't care about money would still be most interested in winning the events that happen to have the biggest prize money). I do think he's trying to make as much money as possible in these last (however many) years of his career, so that he is set up for retirement and can support his family and such. But I don't think he would be accurately described as "avaricious"...

Postby vodkadiet1

Alex0paul wrote:

He doesn't care about the money. Didn't you read his comment yesterday?

It is all about the enjoyment. He would have turned up if the top prize was £500.

At least he gave a speech telling The Saudis that their murderous regime is beyond evil. So fair play to him for that. He has gone up in my estimation for his brutal honesty. We need more like him calling these barbaric types out.

It was also fantastic that he donated his entire prize money to the children of Yemen. Top bloke!

Postby Iranu

Alex0paul wrote:

Yes because the rest of us work just for fun

Postby Holden Chinaski

Vodkadiet seems a bit jealous to me. His obsession with Ronnie O'Sullivan can't be healthy. He's been posting about Ronnie for decades now, seems like a waste of life. It's sad and depressing.

Postby Reg Varney

Holden Chinaski wrote:Vodkadiet seems a bit jealous to me. His obsession with Ronnie O'Sullivan can't be healthy. He's been posting about Ronnie for decades now, seems like a waste of life. It's sad and depressing.

He's not the only one. There are a few posters on here who have an obsession with disliking O'Sullivan. You don't like the guy? Fine; ignore him, turn him off, don't watch him, don't listen to him, don't read articles about him, yet these people seem to hate-read, hate-watch, hate-listen to him, so they can then find more things to moan and complain about. It's unhealthy and surely they can find better things to do with their time?