Post a reply

Riyadh Season World Masters

Postby Wildey

Monday 4th - Wednesday 6th of March in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

There is a huge amount of controversy surrounding this event, but it's happening the top 8 players in the World and 2 local wild cards

The players are Luca Brecel, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Judd Trump, Mark Allen, Mark Selby, Mark Williams and Ali Carter.

Who will win?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Riyadh Season World Masters

Postby Womble

Juddernaut88 wrote:I'm probably the only one that will be watching this then.

I will be watching it.

I can't wait for someone to pot the Golden Ball. rofl

Bit of fun, isn't it. :D

Postby Wildey

Thing is whats to gain by boycotting it UK and other Countries will still be trading Footballers will still be taking a Wheelbarrow full of cash in to the Bank as will Golfers as it stands in the world of Sport and Politics if WST says no thanks the only losers will be the Snooker Players nobody else.

Postby D4P

SnookerFan wrote:Even if nobody watches this, the WST won't care. Saudi has paid fat dollar for it to be there anyway.

Nobody watches the Saudi-funded golf league, but it doesn't matter because they have unlimited money and the sportwashing benefits offset whatever monetary losses they incur anyway.

Postby mantorok

If it's on ES I'll cop it, if it's crap can always turn it off, I mean have you seen what's on the bucking TV these days? Anything better than that rubbish.

Postby Iranu

Wildey wrote:

Thing is whats to gain by boycotting it UK and other Countries will still be trading Footballers will still be taking a Wheelbarrow full of cash in to the Bank as will Golfers as it stands in the world of Sport and Politics if WST says no thanks the only losers will be the Snooker Players nobody else.

I won’t be boycotting it for moral reasons but my interest in it isn’t exactly high.

Postby Wildey

Iranu wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I won’t be boycotting it for moral reasons but my interest in it isn’t exactly high.

yea its not top of my Must see things Next Week in Emmerdale its almost Lambing Season lol

Postby Wildey

mack501 wrote:Mr Angry Captain Scarlet has no place to be in this tournament.

Why

he earned it

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:

Why

he earned it

Calm down mate.

Postby RunningSide

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Why

he earned it

Calm down mate.

He flying the plane.

Postby Juddernaut88

Shame this tournament is only for 3 days and matches are best of 7s and the Final is best of 9!

Postby SnookerFan

Juddernaut88 wrote:Shame this tournament is only for 3 days and matches are best of 7s and the Final is best of 9!

Is that right?

Yeah, that's a bit rubbish.

But there is a mega-brilliant golden ball though.

Postby Juddernaut88

SnookerFan wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:Shame this tournament is only for 3 days and matches are best of 7s and the Final is best of 9!

Is that right?

Yeah, that's a bit rubbish.

But there is a mega-brilliant golden ball though.

Considering the prize money of this event and the fact that it's the top 8 players involved there should at least be a multi session final.

Postby McManusFan

Really!? That is pathetic.

Postby mantorok

McManusFan wrote:

Really!? That is pathetic.

Jesus Christ what a rubbish show.

Postby Andre147

It's only a test event for the top players, but the real one will be open to every player on tour in late August next season.

Therefore the format doesn't really matter. Yes the Final could have been over two sessions, but it is what it is. There's been ranking events in the past with the final being Best of 9 and that is much worse than this lol

Postby The_Abbott

Ronnie sees BO7 in any other tournament - Cant be bothered/stage fright/not worth getting out of bed for
sees Bo7 in Saudi - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Postby vodkadiet1

I wonder if O'Sullivan will pull out for medical reasons?!!!

As for the event in general World Snooker have got blood on their hands. The Saudis should be boycotted. It just shows what money whores they all are.

What price for your morality?