Post a reply

Re: Huading Nylon World Open Final !!!!

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerEd25 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
D4P wrote:Easy for you to stop keep say.

SnookerEd25 wrote:You are giving out mixed signals here :hmmm:

They keep saying it. I wish they'd stop.

Hope that helps.

It does help <ok>

Now explain all your other posts :chin:

You suck.

That's the explanation.

Fine. Maybe I’ll just go home. :sad:

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:its far closer now

Judd
5 Titles 5 Rankers and 3 Runner Up -----8 finals out of 17 Events played 47%

Ronnie
5 Titles 2 Rankers -----5 finals out of 11 Tournament Played 45%

And Judd won 3 tournaments Back to Back in 3 different countrys in 3 weeks

on that evidence Ronnie isnt the player of the season the only thing he has going for him is this Idea the UK Championships and The Masters is Bigger when in reality they not really. This Triple Crown series thing is Rubbish Theres the World Championship then the Rest.

You're wrong as usual. You simply include Judds runner up tournaments and put them on par with tournament wins as if its the very same which is completely nonsense.

Both won 5 tournaments, Ronnies strike rate is much better than Judds and on top of that Ronnie won the UK+Masters. Even if you say, Triple Crown doesn't exist (for the players it clearly does) , the UK and Masters are still bigger than any tournament Judd has won this season. There is no doubt that Judd would exchange his season for Ronnies.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:It has just been confirmed this is a tinpot tournament.

The prize money is £170,000 <doh>
Do you ever get tired of being a troll?
I guarantee if Ronnie won this you would be cumming your pants.

Dont take Notice of him When Ronnie wins a exhibition in Barnsley it's the Biggest event Known to man, I'm glad others starting to see through Holden for what he is

Calm down.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheRocket wrote:

Judd

Ronnie

on that evidence Ronnie isnt the player of the season the only thing he has going for him is this Idea the UK Championships and The Masters is Bigger when in reality they not really. This Triple Crown series thing is Rubbish Theres the World Championship then the Rest.

You're wrong as usual. You simply include Judds runner up tournaments and put them on par with tournament wins as if its the very same which is completely nonsense.

Both won 5 tournaments, Ronnies strike rate is much better than Judds and on top of that Ronnie won the UK+Masters. Even if you say, Triple Crown doesn't exist (for the players it clearly does) , the UK and Masters are still bigger than any tournament Judd has won this season. There is no doubt that Judd would exchange his season for Ronnies.

:bags:

Postby Reg Varney

TheRocket wrote:

Judd

Ronnie

Wildey's post is utter nonsense and the only reason he's included runners-up and finals is because it skews the figures in Trump's way.

Trump's haul is English Open, Wuhan Open, Northern Ireland Open, German Masters and World Open.

O'Sullivan's is Shanghai Masters, UK Championship, Masters, World Grand Prix and World Masters of Snooker

It may only be two 'Rankers' that ROS won, but the invitational events all featured the top players in the World and you can reasonably argue that everyone of O'Sullivan's tournament wins are bigger than Trumps (I'm guessing the World Open he has just won is his biggest).

Postby Iranu

D4P wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:I love you guys.

Calm down.

And climb out.

Then how will he express his love?

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:

Judd

Ronnie

Doesn't Matter what the Strike rate is that's irrelevant had Ronnie won 1 tournament out of 1 played his strike rate would be 100% had Judd won 6 Titles out of 12 played his strike rate would be 50% totally irrelevant stat. When Judging which player has been the Best 5 titles and 3 Runner Ups trumps what Ronnie has done sorry

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:Doesn't Matter what the Strike rate is that's irrelevant had Ronnie won 1 tournament out of 1 played his strike rate would be 100% had Judd won 6 Titles out of 12 played his strike rate would be 50% totally irrelevant stat. When Judging which player has been the Best 5 titles and 3 Runner Ups trumps what Ronnie has done sorry

Acutally you're the one who brought up the strike rate by including the finals just to skew the figures.

What's relevant is that both players have won 5 tournaments while one of them won bigger tournaments than the other guy. Including the two biggest tournaments we have had this season so far. Its that simple dude. But you can still live in fantasy world if you want to.

Postby Wildey

No i said how Much Finals they been in 8 to 5 even that strike rate favoured Judd.

I Still think Ronnie is the player of the season based on how Poor Judd has been when playing Ronnie and not beaten him since 2020. this season despite the success Trump has had, hes found wanting against Ronnie playing poorly both times.

Postby mantorok

Wildey wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Top5 players this season

1. ROS
2. Judd
3. Allen
4. Zhang
5. Gary Wilson

its far closer now

Judd

Ronnie

I kind of agree since the UK became watered down compared to what it was, but still those tournaments have been around the longest and hold a lot of prestige for the players.

Your opinion doesn’t change that.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:No i said how Much Finals they been in 8 to 5 even that strike rate favoured Judd.

I Still think Ronnie is the player of the season based on how Poor Judd has been when playing Ronnie and not beaten him since 2020. this season despite the success Trump has had, hes found wanting against Ronnie playing poorly both times.

I actually forgot the H2H. That speaks for Ronnie too indeed.

But my position has been clear on this. If Judd wins the World title, then he is by far player of the season. No debate here. If he "only" won the Tour Champs and Ronnie failed to win the Worlds then it would be Judd again because he would have won one more tournament and the Tour Champs for sure is a big one.

Postby LC

Both ROS and trump will only be happy if they win WC, ROS can live without anymore but trump needs another, hendry wouldn’t be satisfied if he didn’t win the WC in a season no matter how many tournaments he won and ray reardon said it’s the only one that matters

Postby Iranu

Discussing player of the season before the Worlds is kind of pointless to be honest.

That said, even if the Triple Crown is a bull idea (and it is) the UK and Masters are clearly more significant in the players’ eyes than most other tournaments and therefore bigger. That’s how it works.

Postby TheRocket

The WC is very special and always will be but problem is, its still a tournament that only takes place once every year so its impossible to put all eggs in one basket and be guaranteed to do well. You can come up against a journeyman in the 1st round who plays the match of his life and knock you out and the next chance you get is in 12 months. Sometimes I wish we had a Tennis like system where you have 4 equally worth majors in a year.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Discussing player of the season before the Worlds is kind of pointless to be honest.

That said, even if the Triple Crown is a bull idea (and it is) the UK and Masters are clearly more significant in the players’ eyes than most other tournaments and therefore bigger. That’s how it works.

Agreed.

Especially when it's as close as it is between Ronnie and Judd.

I mean, if somebody wins The Crucible who hasn't won anything else, I wouldn't call them player of the season.

I might if Ronnie or Judd win it, then give the nod to them over the other.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheRocket wrote:The WC is very special and always will be but problem is, its still a tournament that only takes place once every year so its impossible to put all eggs in one basket and be guaranteed to do well. You can come up against a journeyman in the 1st round who plays the match of his life and knock you out and the next chance you get is in 12 months. Sometimes I wish we had a Tennis like system where you have 4 equally worth majors in a year.

Tennis!

:guinness:

Postby Pink Ball

Iranu wrote:I’m so sick of watching Ding almost become a winner again.

I really like what I've seen from Ding all season. I wouldn't worry too much about today.

This is a serious prediction, I think he will have a good run at the World Championship. He wouldn't be my tip to win it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made the one-table stage.

Postby Iranu

Pink Ball wrote:
Iranu wrote:I’m so sick of watching Ding almost become a winner again.

I really like what I've seen from Ding all season. I wouldn't worry too much about today.

This is a serious prediction, I think he will have a good run at the World Championship. He wouldn't be my tip to win it, but I wouldn't be surprised if he made the one-table stage.

I have too. It’s just draining that the final step keeps eluding him.

Postby SnookerFan

LDS wrote:
Iranu wrote:I have too. It’s just draining that the final step keeps eluding him.

This is true for an awful lot of players.

Jack Lisowski has entered the chat.