Post a reply

Re: World Mixed Doubles Championship !!!

Postby LC

mack501 wrote:No, sequel of Allen v Evans.

Was the only reason to watch the atmosphere between them, now it’s relegated to itv4, sure it was on itv1 last time

Postby BringBackTonyDrago

So my understanding is that Selby was originally meant to play. Why did he pull out ??? He was relaxed with Allen who then pulled out due to Reanne. So who convinced Selby to play in it again ? Surely if he withdrew someone completely different should have taken his place ?

Postby SnookerFan

BringBackTonyDrago wrote:So my understanding is that Selby was originally meant to play. Why did he pull out ??? He was relaxed with Allen who then pulled out due to Reanne. So who convinced Selby to play in it again ? Surely if he withdrew someone completely different should have taken his place ?

Did Allen not realise that there was a possibility that the most famous and accomplished woman's player might be taking part in the Mixed Doubles?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
BringBackTonyDrago wrote:So my understanding is that Selby was originally meant to play. Why did he pull out ??? He was relaxed with Allen who then pulled out due to Reanne. So who convinced Selby to play in it again ? Surely if he withdrew someone completely different should have taken his place ?

Did Allen not realise that there was a possibility that the most famous and accomplished woman's player might be taking part in the Mixed Doubles?

Nowhere has it been stated that Mark Allen withdrew because of Reanne Evans.

This is how rubbish gets distorted and unsubstantiated rumours become “facts”.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Nowhere has it been stated that Mark Allen withdrew because of Reanne Evans.

This is how rubbish gets distorted and unsubstantiated rumours become “facts”.

I guess that's why it makes such little sense as a "fact".

Postby HappyCamper

allen was ranked higher then selby at the time of draw. the male selection was robertson (defending champion), then numbers 2 through 4 in the rankings (trump, brecel, allen). number one o'sullivan elected not to participate.

we also don't know the reasons for allen's withdrawal.

Postby SnookerEd25

HappyCamper wrote:

allen was ranked higher then selby at the time of draw. the male selection was robertson (defending champion), then numbers 2 through 4 in the rankings (trump, brecel, allen). number one o'sullivan elected not to participate.

I heard it was because Reanne is playing :lol:

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
HappyCamper wrote:

I heard it was because Reanne is playing :lol:

Let's discuss it some more.

Postby Reg Varney

Juddernaut88 wrote:
mantorok wrote:
Juddernaut88 wrote:This tournament should have been played in like August or September. It's too much of an inconvenience having this right before the Tour championship! Whoever thought it was a good idea to schedule this tournament at the end of March is an idiot!

Who does it inconvenience? It's played in the same arena as the TC.

Inconvenience for Judd. He should be pulling out of this.

This is a tin-pot event, Trump was never going to pull out of it! ;-)

Postby D4P

Is there any truth to the rumor that Ronnie has entered the event and will play with the old lady that came out of the crowd to play one of his shots a few years back?

Postby SnookerEd25

SnookerFan wrote:Is there any truth to the rumour that Reanne has pulled out, and Mark Allen is back in?

pmsl :lol: rofl

Postby Dan-cat

Relaxing, with Allen

Postby LC

The standard is terrible here, local club stuff, I would say that doubles normally results in this happening so there is a slight excuse