Post a reply

Why so little Steve Davis coverage?

Postby mick745

Why has so little coverage of Steve Davis's six world final wins surfaced on line?

I think, with the exception of 1997 and 1998, nearly all the world finals at the crucible have been available online almost in their entirety or certainly extensively at some point.

The two finals Davis lost in 85 and 86 i have seen.

But never 81, 83, 87, 88 or 89. Some of 84 i have seen. Would love to watch them all again.

There is coverage of finals before 81 also.

I wonder why. Davis must have had plenty of followers who taped his matches back then.

Re: Why so little Steve Davis coverage?

Postby badtemperedcyril

I think generally, if people were going to record television snooker on Betamax and VHS, they were more likely to record the exciting players such as Jimmy White and Alex Higgins. There is also not that much of Terry Griffiths and Cliff Thorburn.

Postby Prop

badtemperedcyril wrote:I think generally, if people were going to record television snooker on Betamax and VHS, they were more likely to record the exciting players such as Jimmy White and Alex Higgins. There is also not that much of Terry Griffiths and Cliff Thorburn.

Then why is there so much Selby?! :mood:

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
badtemperedcyril wrote:I think generally, if people were going to record television snooker on Betamax and VHS, they were more likely to record the exciting players such as Jimmy White and Alex Higgins. There is also not that much of Terry Griffiths and Cliff Thorburn.

Because his title wins weren't being filmed on VHS or Beetamax?

Postby Prop

SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

That was the joke, smarty pants :bum:

Postby SnookerFan

Prop wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Prop wrote:

That was the joke, smarty pants :bum:

Happy to help. :hatoff: