Post a reply

cant find vision centers | years of playing with wrong chin

Postby aussiesnooker

i have been using center chin for so long that now when i move my head side to side, or tilt or turn , i no longer can see a difference
when i play long straight blue and put white on yellows spot i miss to left of pocket
and
when i play long straight blue and put white on green spot i miss to right of pocket

i use spotted white and no spins there when i play stop shot. also if it was putting side issue , i would have missed the blue to same side of pocket
//////////////////////////////////////////////////

every part of the tecnique is solid and as text books.
example:
i sight while standing, head does not move while getting down
foot, head, right arm all the way to shoulder on line
no movement while getting down
bring chest to cue
front pause, features, back pause , slow backswing , smooth delivery
grip hand fine

i just blame my aiming specially not sure about my vision centre
i did try to find my dominant eye by doing few test, Barry Stark coach video shows,
point a pen towards an object and hold the pen pointing towards the object (the pen must be vertical )
now while the pen is still pointing the object , bring the pen towards the face and chin,
now see where the pen touches the chin, thats the correction position

now i am not 100% sure if i should try and keep playing like this.
yeah if someone agrees that this pen method works, then i will

i tried the traditional way, lining up few reds and moving my head side to side to find my vision centre but i cannot.
both left chin and right chin looks straight to me when i do this test method to find the vision centre.

the other thing that i also tried myself is that i put my cue on baulk line, and i put a chalk or something small in the other end of baulk line,
and i point my cue tip to the chalk and put my normal chin position and it feels that , i am pointing to the left of the chalk. HOLDING everything
still i just move my head to left and right to see if i can point straight to that chalk but i cant, i use extream right and extream left ,
but i still point to the left of the chalk. tiling or turning head also doesnt work.
although i think only slightly the cue tip points better to the talk chalk when i use right chin, (but its not completely pointing to the object)

SIGH.....

its been years and i still cannot find vision center.
by the way , let me share something else, might be related or may not be

i read in an article that stephen henrys vision eyes are equal, and that is why he uses middle chin position.
and his eye patterns are like, he also look at the pocket when going : cueball ----object-------pocket

so
i found that my eye patterns are also doing like : cueball ----object-------pocket
and i am also using middle chin position! BUT when i do the dominant eye test position
(where you strech your arms and make hole with your hand and while looking an object bringing the hand towards the face)
i found that when i do this, i am right eye dominant.

but i always have been using center chin position. best on these facts, am i even eyed?
or i am right eyed but using wrong chin position? or i am using the right chin position ?

i really need a help from someone out there :(
cant quit the game either but cant find the vision center either and get better

thank you very much
i already know that i am right eye dominant as i stretch my arms and form a hole with hands and look at an object and touch the hands to face while look at the object, or using the other method to point the finger and close one eye and see if the object moves or not.
SO
i found that i am right eye dominant but my cue is in centre chin and my head is straight
------
do you think trying the pen method works to find the vision center?
watched Barry Starks video , how to find the correct chin position using a pen

1: hold a pen vertical and point to an object
2: while the pen is still pointing to the object
3: bring the pen towards the face/chin and see where the pen touches the chin
result: that would be your chin position

so does this work?

A: normally i play with center chin position
B: i am right eye dominant
C: while standing i can clearly see in a video that the line of aim goes through right chin
D: while down that line of aim is in the middle of my chin
E: when i try the pen method, the pen hits my right chin

THANK YOU VERY MUCH