Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Seriously though, all the action was available so you can't complain. If you want events to be streamed you have to expect to pay to see it.

but there was only cameras on one table when wenbo was on a max they had to swing the camera to the other table BUT it was their first time they like us had no idea how it would be perceived in Australia.

we still don't know viewing figures but attendances was fantastic.

Postby simplysnooker

Well done Bingham, caught it from 8-5 and fair play to him. Going to catch up on the rest of the matches that I've got on my laptop as they've mainly been on too early for me, looking forward to rewatching dale/robertson especially.

Postby GJ

simplysnooker wrote:Well done Bingham, caught it from 8-5 and fair play to him. Going to catch up on the rest of the matches that I've got on my laptop as they've mainly been on too early for me, looking forward to rewatching dale/robertson especially.

:grrr: :mood:

Postby Wildey

pistol147 Mark Allen
everyone knows me and stuart bingham dont get on but would still like 2 congratulate him on winnin the Australian Goldfields Open. Well done

<laugh>

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Loved this tournament. Shows that, with what all these modifications we've been making, a traditional bo9/bo11/bo 18 tournament can still produce the goods. :bowdown:

For me, the Shanghai Masters can't come soon enough. :bowdown:

:john: Williams might still win that 18th frame then so Bingham aint won yet

Shanghai Masters zzzzzzzzzzzz get out and live your life mate, theres more to life than living from one tournament to the next.........unless your a pro snooker player

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
pistol147 Mark Allen
everyone knows me and stuart bingham dont get on but would still like 2 congratulate him on winnin the Australian Goldfields Open. Well done

<laugh>

FUCKEN WIMP ALLEN, IVE LOST ALL RESPECT FOR YOU

STICK TO YOUR GUNS

IM JUST GONNA GO ON TWITTER AND SLATE YOU FOR THAT GROVELLING TO THE NEW FORCE IN SNOOKER (ACCORDING TO SNOOKERFAN :limp: )

Postby Wildey

witz78 Martin Endersby
@
@pistol147 stick 2 your guns, no need 2 congratulate him. He tried his best 2 bottle that last frame but Williams 2 slack 2 deliver justice

it gets better

rofl <laugh> rofl

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Loved this tournament. Shows that, with what all these modifications we've been making, a traditional bo9/bo11/bo 18 tournament can still produce the goods. :bowdown:

Shanghai Masters zzzzzzzzzzzz get out and live your life mate, theres more to life than living from one tournament to the next.........unless your a pro snooker player

I am not leaving my computer until next year's Goldfields Aussie Open. I want to see if Bingham can successfully defend his first title. :-)

In the meantime I aim to overtake Wild in posts made on this forum. I should be past the million mark by the time next year's Goldfields gets under way. <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
pistol147 Mark Allen

<laugh>

STICK TO YOUR GUNS

IM JUST GONNA GO ON TWITTER AND SLATE YOU FOR THAT GROVELLING TO THE NEW FORCE IN SNOOKER (ACCORDING TO SNOOKERFAN :limp: )

I don't think he's a force, I don't even think he'll win another ranker, you muppet. rofl

Postby king.kauto

SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Eurosport player :santa:

:grrr: rofl

I subscribed to the Eurosport player for this event, was a bit anoyed as often come up with an error message when trying to log on.
Half the time trying to tell me I have no subscription.

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
pistol147 Mark Allen

<laugh>

STICK TO YOUR GUNS

witz :hatoff:

just tweeted to allen about his yellow belly stance

Postby N_Castle07

Great event long live Goldfields Open. Well done to Bingham he looked like a real top class player. Also well done to Dale who had a great week. It's a shame he ran into Williams playing great or who knows how far he could of gone. Great Tourny.

Postby gallantrabbit

Sounds like the crowds were big and enthusiastic so great that we have one more sustainable ranker. And I feared for it a little when Robbo went out. Let's hope we have half the success in Brazil...but can't see it.

Postby SnookerFan

N_Castle07 wrote:Great event long live Goldfields Open. Well done to Bingham he looked like a real top class player. Also well done to Dale who had a great week. It's a shame he ran into Williams playing great or who knows how far he could of gone. Great Tourny.

Dominic Dale added plenty of entertainment as well.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Sounds like the crowds were big and enthusiastic so great that we have one more sustainable ranker. And I feared for it a little when Robbo went out. Let's hope we have half the success in Brazil...but can't see it.

ive never been so nervous about a tournament ....

im so pleased it went well and people go on about snooker out of season but in Australia it was in season. no point going to australia in our winter their summer.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
N_Castle07 wrote:Great event long live Goldfields Open. Well done to Bingham he looked like a real top class player. Also well done to Dale who had a great week. It's a shame he ran into Williams playing great or who knows how far he could of gone. Great Tourny.

Dominic Dale added plenty of entertainment as well.

:limp:

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:

Shutup. We have got 41 days to go out and live our lives until Shanghai Masters gets here. Why would we go out during that if we are big snooker fans? Just because we sit inside and watch snooker for 7 days, doesnt mean we dont have a life. Plus it finishes in afternoon due to time differences so have the rest of the day to go out and do stuff! Might aswell enjoy the snooker in the morning.

Postby snooky147

I'm sure Stuart will be delighted that he has won a ranking title for the first time. And he wont care that by the time he paid for his flights and paid the with holding tax that Australia levies he would have went home with Approx 41000 AUS from the original $60000 which works out to £27,621. :huh: :shrug:

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I'm sure Stuart will be delighted that he has won a ranking title for the first time. And he wont care that by the time he paid for his flights and paid the with holding tax that Australia levies he would have went home with Approx 41000 AUS from the original $60000 which works out to £27,621. :huh: :shrug:

ok what is the answer then ?

Tax Dodge

or not bother going

brendanmoore147 Brendan Moore
Just about to start the long journey home from Oz, had an amazing time. Long may there be a ranking event out here.

Postby snooky147

Wild wrote:
snooky147 wrote:I'm sure Stuart will be delighted that he has won a ranking title for the first time. And he wont care that by the time he paid for his flights and paid the with holding tax that Australia levies he would have went home with Approx 41000 AUS from the original $60000 which works out to £27,621. :huh: :shrug:

ok what is the answer then ?

Tax Dodge

or not bother going

brendanmoore147 Brendan Moore
Just about to start the long journey home from Oz, had an amazing time. Long may there be a ranking event out here.

I'm not advocating not going, just pointing out the financial ins and outs involved. I would imagine he could claim a percentage of that back in his UK Tax, as long as there is a tax treaty in effect between the two countries, which is not always the case.

Postby randam05

randam05 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Shutup. We have got 41 days to go out and live our lives until Shanghai Masters gets here. Why would we go out during that if we are big snooker fans? Just because we sit inside and watch snooker for 7 days, doesnt mean we dont have a life. Plus it finishes in afternoon due to time differences so have the rest of the day to go out and do stuff! Might aswell enjoy the snooker in the morning.

I win :win: