Topic locked

Re: Brazilian Masters - bits and bobs

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Martin Gould has confirmed he's playing

uhhh ???

Bingham must have pulled out which makes sense considering his G/F Due in September

Disgrace, I mean pulling out to attend the birth of your child is more important than turning up at a non-ranking tournament the other side of the world ... disgusts me, I expect the tournament to be cancelled now since the last ranking winner can't be bothered :td:

are you for real or just a toss pot :shrug:

Postby gallantrabbit

How to ensure that you don't get the interest of the paying public at a snooker event in a new country.
1. Hide the event away in a resort in the deep south of the country where no bugger would think to look.
2. Make the prices sufficiently restrictive so that most if not all games will be played in front of one man without his dog, (dogs pay too).
Both boxes ticked. End result. Snooker will be very much a one off here. Guaranteed.
Have written to Hearn and trhe promotions company here.
Could safely say that I'm less than gruntled...

Postby Bourne

gallantrabbit wrote:How to ensure that you don't get the interest of the paying public at a snooker event in a new country.
1. Hide the event away in a resort in the deep south of the country where no bugger would think to look.
2. Make the prices sufficiently restrictive so that most if not all games will be played in front of one man without his dog, (dogs pay too).
Both boxes ticked. End result. Snooker will be very much a one off here. Guaranteed.
Have written to Hearn and trhe promotions company here.
Could safely say that I'm less than gruntled...

Wild just PMed me and said that Judd told them to hide the tournament and ramp the prices up <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

We seem to have discussed the players entering, and chatting about Judd Trump vs Ding Junhui et al, but what's the format for this tournament? Are the match lengths best of nine?

Postby gallantrabbit

Have secured my first (expensive) tickets for the Brazil Master. Cope v Igor and Dotty V Mark Davis.
Could pick and choose to sit exactly where I wanted to for the Igor game, probably the biggest of the week in Brazilian. I wonder if that's a sign of poor ticket sales.
Will not be paying this price again but will buy down there.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Have secured my first (expensive) tickets for the Brazil Master. Cope v Igor and Dotty V Mark Davis.
Could pick and choose to sit exactly where I wanted to for the Igor game, probably the biggest of the week in Brazilian. I wonder if that's a sign of poor ticket sales.
Will not be paying this price again but will buy down there.

I heard on another forum that tickets were very expensive, and the venue was somewhat remote. So low ticket sales could be the order of the day, despite snooker being popular over there.

Postby gallantrabbit

They've bucking hidden it away snookerfan. It's a beautiful part of the world but snooker and nice parts of the world don't go together. Would have been better here 20 mins from my office..
And yes low ticket sales will be the order of the day which is why I've secured my first 2 and will buy at discounted rate down there.

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:They've bucking hidden it away snookerfan. It's a beautiful part of the world but snooker and nice parts of the world don't go together. Would have been better here 20 mins from my office..
And yes low ticket sales will be the order of the day which is why I've secured my first 2 and will buy at discounted rate down there.

Hope you enjoy it. Live snooker is an awesome thing to behold, so am glad you get to enjoy some. :bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Thank you sir. Has been a while. 2009 Masters I think.

I was at that one. :bowdown:

Can you remember what matches you saw? I saw the Higgins vs Selby semi-final, and I saw Judd Trump vs Mark Allen which was a wildcard round. Which must have meant I saw another match that afternoon. It can't remember which one now though. :-( I go to a lot of snooker events.

Postby gallantrabbit

Saw Higgins make a ton in the first or second frame, can`t remember who against though...
It was the first Monday. There were 20 of us though and we ain`t very good at being quiet so watched the majority in the bar...

Postby SnookerFan

gallantrabbit wrote:Saw Higgins make a ton in the first or second frame, can`t remember who against though...
It was the first Monday. There were 20 of us though and we ain`t very good at being quiet so watched the majority in the bar...

Was Witz with you? rofl

Postby gallantrabbit

SnookerFan wrote:
gallantrabbit wrote:Saw Higgins make a ton in the first or second frame, can`t remember who against though...

Was Witz with you? rofl

Could have been...

Postby SnookerFan

Monique wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Another one bites the dust. Mark Allen pulls out of the Brazilian Masters;

http://www.thesnookerblog.com/2011/08/a ... om-brazil/

<doh>

old news.

Yes, I appreciate it's not cutting edge, but the article was posted on Martin Gould's facebook page today, and the legendary ferret published it today, so thought I'd share.

Postby SnookerFan

Or to make it easier to read, the round 1 matches are as follows.

Mark Selby vs Stuart Bingham
Peter Ebdon vs Stephen Lee
Jamie Cope vs Igor Figueiredo
Graeme Dott vs Mark Davis
Shaun Murphy vs Brazilian Wild Card Number 2
Martin Gould vs Ricky Walden *
Stephen Hendry vs Brazilian WIld Card Number 1
Ali Carter vs Steve Davis

* According to the format above, it's still Mark Allen. I edited that.

Postby Wildey

what a truper Bingham is he will be a new dad and off he goes to Brazil

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:what a truper Bingham is he will be a new dad and off he goes to Brazil

realistically he knows he hasnt made a fortune during his career and his career at the top has just started but will be over soon so he might as well grasp every opportunity while he can to earn a few quid here and there

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:what a truper Bingham is he will be a new dad and off he goes to Brazil

realistically he knows he hasnt made a fortune during his career and his career at the top has just started but will be over soon so he might as well grasp every opportunity while he can to earn a few quid here and there

but if you listen to some hes on to a loss there.

Postby Witz78

the main ones moaning about busy schedules seems to be players who are more than halfway through their careers and realising that unless they commit fully like the younger players are gonna do, then they are going to slide into obscurity and retirement quicker.

There simply wanting to look after their own interests rather than whats best for the sports future. Thats why so many were happy to plod along on a sinking ship under Rodney Walker for so many years cos they knew it would only be the future generation affected by snookers decline, they would have earned their money and ran by then.