Topic locked

Re: The Brazilian Masters Discussion !!!!!!

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Has anybody heard Dominic Dale commentating? I've not heard him, but haven't really watched much this week.

If so, what is he like?

:limp:

put it this way, hes no Angles McManus :no:

Postby hendry_fan

Ah well,once again Hendry had chances.

The silly mistake he made touching the red with his hand in the 3rd frame cost him dearly. :irk:

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:missing easy balls cost him dear more like

<laugh>

Yea, it follows the pattern of matches over the last 3 years - he starts off well and falls apart from there.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:

<laugh>

Yea, it follows the pattern of matches over the last 3 years - he starts off well and falls apart from there.

Like when he got a 147 in the first frame, and lost 5-1. :sad:

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

<laugh>

no its more serious than that.

he fouled a red with his finger or shirt in frame 2 and the confidence just started to erode he needs to see a shrink its all in the mind his form is there its just psychological.

Postby GJ

is this event still on

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:is this event still on

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

really enjoyed it aswell theres been some negatives been written but i think its been a success the crowds has been getting bigger each day after day 1 with 1 man and his dog watching it was a worry but now the tournament been totally vindicated and theres scope for the future....

id not make it ranking next year but id move it more centrally and see how it goes.

Postby kriss

Bourne wrote:I was offering you the chance to counter my claim that this is the most pointless tournament ever :john:

Why is it pointless?

Its purpose is to promote the sport in new places. With retrospect we might all agree it did not work- but you have to at least try.

Postby Wildey

kriss wrote:
Bourne wrote:I was offering you the chance to counter my claim that this is the most pointless tournament ever :john:

Why is it pointless?

Its purpose is to promote the sport in new places. With retrospect we might all agree it did not work- but you have to at least try.

i think its worked brilliantly.

far better than other first time in a country has...

the World series that John Higgins <doh> helped promote around europe some countries really strugling but you got to give it a go or nothing will happen

im of a age where i remember the first time they had overseas ranking events during the late 80s and even the likes of Alex Higgins had about 40 or 50 watching him.

Postby beergitte

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody staying up until the small hours watching the final? Come on Wild, what is Hendry does it?

Of course I'm staying up for the final. Staying awake til at least 5 in the morning 4 days in a row :D
Hope you're with me until the end Wild.

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Anybody staying up until the small hours watching the final? Come on Wild, what is Hendry does it?

Of course I'm staying up for the final. Staying awake til at least 5 in the morning 4 days in a row :D
Hope you're with me until the end Wild.

im with you the goading and calling me a lightweight has something to do with it <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Theres this thought shorter the matches more exciting they are but most if not all short finals this season has gone to 4-0 or now 5-0.

The Longer matches have been the classics and got close.