Post a reply

Re: Reanne Evans

Postby markj147

I'll take the credit for the 140 picture :) I even left the flash on and put some of the ladies off while taking the shot.

Very good interview.

Postby Muppet147

'Reanne Evans is the best female snooker player on the planet and has been for a number of years.'

Alison Fisher might have something to say about that.

Postby Roland

markj147 wrote:I'll take the credit for the 140 picture :) I even left the flash on and put some of the ladies off while taking the shot.

Very good interview.

I asked Steve for permission to use that photo and he said either you or Monique took it, he couldn't remember :redneck:
Now I know I'll give you a credit.

I know you and Hannah featured a few times, I recounted that story about her forgetting about certain shots at the time with no thought to include it but figured it showed a bit of an insight into the differences between men and women because men never forget key shots or matches they've won!

Postby Roland

Muppet147 wrote:'Reanne Evans is the best female snooker player on the planet and has been for a number of years.'

She might, but she'd be wrong. <ok>

Postby markj147

Muppet147 wrote:'Reanne Evans is the best female snooker player on the planet and has been for a number of years.'

It's a fact. Allison doesnt play snooker.

Postby markj147

Sonny wrote:
markj147 wrote:I'll take the credit for the 140 picture :) I even left the flash on and put some of the ladies off while taking the shot.

Very good interview.

I asked Steve for permission to use that photo and he said either you or Monique took it, he couldn't remember :redneck:
Now I know I'll give you a credit.

I know you and Hannah featured a few times, I recounted that story about her forgetting about certain shots at the time with no thought to include it but figured it showed a bit of an insight into the differences between men and women because men never forget key shots or matches they've won!

Not sure about this Sonny as I know a few good male players who dont remember key shots or matches won.

My issue is, with Hannah, how can you learn if you cannot remember. But she seems to prove me wrong. As does Reanne.

It must be a more subconscious thing with the ladies than the men.

Postby Roland

OK maybe I'm wrong, whatever, it's the one part I left in that I hesitated for ages over. When she couldn't remember all these things I thought about that conversation we had about Hannah. I don't remember everything I ever played and forget a lot of matches I either won easy or lost that I should have won, but I'm sure most blokes would remember their first world title or big tournament win!

Postby Wildey

Not even PTCs?
Well I think there’s too much emphasis on those for rankings. Like Sam Baird for instance – how he’s not staying on tour I do not know. I think he needs to get to the last 16 of the Worlds or something to stay on the tour. He was talking to me in Gloucester; he’s made 2 venues and he’s won 2 or 3 matches in virtually every other event and he’s not going to stay on tour because he’s not in the PTC list. Whereas people who have done rubbish in ranking events and have done well in the PTC get to stay. I think that’s ridiculous!

Good Point infact

Thats Why it should be

Top 64
Top 8 on one year List
Top 8 non Tour Players on PTC List
World Amataur and World Under 21
Rest via Q School in different part of the world.

Postby Wildey

great interview definitely your longest she cant half talk lol

Postby markj147

Sonny wrote:OK maybe I'm wrong, whatever, it's the one part I left in that I hesitated for ages over. When she couldn't remember all these things I thought about that conversation we had about Hannah. I don't remember everything I ever played and forget a lot of matches I either won easy or lost that I should have won, but I'm sure most blokes would remember their first world title or big tournament win!

Ah ok I understand better. Perhaps after 7 titles it becomes more difficult to recall but I agree. There could be something in it.

Postby Casey

Great interview Sonny, it's a good insight into Reanne's snooker World.

Postby Skullman

Great interview. Hope to see Reanne get through Q School. Now for a stupid question...

Why have a women's game at all? Why not have both genders play on the same tour? I can't see any reason why snooker should be segregated, as its more reliant on skill than physical strength and that should be an equaliser. Women are already allowed on the main tour if they qualify and it seems like they have more oppurtunites on the main tour, judging from Reanne's comments on prize money.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Great interview. Hope to see Reanne get through Q School. Now for a stupid question...

Why have a women's game at all? Why not have both genders play on the same tour? I can't see any reason why snooker should be segregated, as its more reliant on skill than physical strength and that should be an equaliser. Women are already allowed on the main tour if they qualify and it seems like they have more oppurtunites on the main tour, judging from Reanne's comments on prize money.

Good Point why Lose Money playing Women if you can Gain Experiance playing Better Players and Lose Money on the PTC Circuit...

it does seem Crazy and a real Reason why Women dont progress

How Many PTC Has other Women players bar Reanne play ?

they got to look outside the Box and Get With it.