Post a reply

Re: Williamhill.com UK Championship Final Discussion.

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:Wonder if Eurosport has the cash, at least for the Crucible years? When does the Crucible contract end? I want to go there once in my life and see the snooker.

Yeh i def want to go to the Crucible too one year to see the snooker <ok>

Deal ends in 2015.

Postby Wildey

Lucky wrote:Sky would snap it up and definately not mess with the formats of the majority of rankers, especially the majors. They would do the sport justice and give it proper coverage....the only down side of Sky is that they aren't big on 'sharing' sports...so the Eurosport coverage would be a casualty, in the UK at least. Weather the continental Eurosport channel would still be allowed coverage????? Who knows :shrug:

honest to god i do think Sky would snap it up too but as you say is that something Barry wants to risk at the time hes trying to build Snooker on a Larger scale than ever before that Europe and the World cant watch the World Championship.

Postby Witz78

He would hardly ditch the Beeb without a Sky deal in place first, either that or hed ride out the Beeb deal then Sky would step in. Hes a shrewd businessman, not a reckless gambler.

Go to any country in the world (well all the ones ive been to certainly....) and youll find Sky Sports on the tvs in the bars so Sky could help spread the game far better than the Beeb ever has.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:He would hardly ditch the Beeb without a Sky deal in place first, either that or hed ride out the Beeb deal then Sky would step in. Hes a shrewd businessman, not a reckless gambler.

Go to any country in the world (well all the ones ive been to certainly....) and youll find Sky Sports on the tvs in the bars so Sky could help spread the game far better than the Beeb ever has.

I wonder which countries you have been to because we don't have it in Belgium, and I've never seen it in Germany in any public space, or in France. Greece have sky but it's a different set of programs and it does not include snooker. I doubt that they have sky in Asia. So where?
It makes me grin when I read "the continental channel" about Eurosport … it covers 65 countries, each having a different set of programs, plus Eurosport 2 (also in local versions) and Eurosport International.

Postby Wildey

its a shame that Australia has Eurosport but no Snooker Coverage but because they have Eurosport Liveworldsnooker.tv is useless...

i wander how that would work with Sky ?

Postby Smart

Lucky wrote:Sky would snap it up and definately not mess with the formats of the majority of rankers, especially the majors. They would do the sport justice and give it proper coverage....the only down side of Sky is that they aren't big on 'sharing' sports...so the Eurosport coverage would be a casualty, in the UK at least. Weather the continental Eurosport channel would still be allowed coverage????? Who knows :shrug:

SKY love golf, another sport that takes up a lot of time, demands heaps of coverage - now SKY love sports with loads of hours as it fills their schedules up and gives them a USP for sports fans. Snooker would be a good fit on SKY but they need more than the shootout / PL. Give them the lot and I dont think it will be "tinker time". Have SKY tinkered with golf or darts or tennis or football - TO THE DETRIMENT OF THE SPORT........NO I do not think they have, totally the opposite imo. <ok> :wave:

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Wonder if Eurosport has the cash, at least for the Crucible years? When does the Crucible contract end? I want to go there once in my life and see the snooker.

Yeh i def want to go to the Crucible too one year to see the snooker <ok>

Deal ends in 2015.

Wait... you haven't been to teh Crucible yet Witz?. you're joking right... :chin: :chin: thought u had been there already countless times... you're just messing with us :chuckle:

Postby Monique

Sonny wrote:He doesn't go to watch the snooker, he goes to drink blue drinks and have his photo taken pulling silly faces with snooker people.

AND to have his customary clash with security Mark and Frank and get himself expelled …

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:He doesn't go to watch the snooker, he goes to drink blue drinks and have his photo taken pulling silly faces with snooker people.

and not much work goes in to pulling silly faces either <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Nothing particularly enlightening there...

Look at him getting cocky, now he's been on the radio. :-D

S/fan

Its "electric" - thats all you need to know at this stage, stay tuned. :wave: <ok>

:chin:

funny how the atmosphere was anything but electric until the freebie tickets from Jason Ferguson arrived :gag: :gag:

Postby Smart

Witz78 wrote:
Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Sonny wrote:Nothing particularly enlightening there...

Look at him getting cocky, now he's been on the radio. :-D

S/fan

Its "electric" - thats all you need to know at this stage, stay tuned. :wave: <ok>

:chin:

funny how the atmosphere was anything but electric until the freebie tickets from Jason Ferguson arrived :gag: :gag:

ah I see, its like a free drink, always tastes better :clap: :wave: