Post a reply

Re: Dafabet PTC Grand Finals Semi Final and Final Discussio

Postby Roland

Ding has been incredible this weekend and tonight was as good as it is possible to play. The fact Robbo was 3-0 up shows how well he played although the 3rd frame Robbo missed a couple of reasonably easy long reds and Ding got a thunderous kick when looking strong in the balls which forced him to chase position and miss the only ball of the match. In the 4th frame he finished with a 70 odd of pure class, frame ball was only the 2nd red I think but the break was sublime. And the brown he knocked in along the baulk cushion which would have lost him the match if he missed is one of the best shots I've ever seen. And then he knocks in a long cut back red to yellow pocket leaving reds on if he missed in the decider which was effectively a £60,000 winner takes all frame.

Phenomenal from Ding. :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Ding has been incredible this weekend and tonight was as good as it is possible to play. The fact Robbo was 3-0 up shows how well he played although the 3rd frame Robbo missed a couple of reasonably easy long reds and Ding got a thunderous kick when looking strong in the balls which forced him to chase position and miss the only ball of the match. In the 4th frame he finished with a 70 odd of pure class, frame ball was only the 2nd red I think but the break was sublime. And the brown he knocked in along the baulk cushion which would have lost him the match if he missed is one of the best shots I've ever seen. And then he knocks in a long cut back red to yellow pocket leaving reds on if he missed in the decider which was effectively a £60,000 winner takes all frame.

Phenomenal from Ding. :bowdown:

Yeah fully agree, I think this is the best ever I've seen Ding play to actually win a ranking tournament. Absolutely phenomenal stuff from him indeed.

he hit 8 tons in the 20 frames he's won in this tourney.!!! :D :D :D :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff: And this title is important for him, cause he has been playing well since probably the German Masters, but has always ran against opponents that little bit better than him, but finally manages to win a ranker.

Similar to Allen this season where he has lost matches playing almost at his best, namely against Trump at the Internacional, Robbo at the Masters and now Ding in the PTC Grand Finals.

It has been another good week for Robbo, but still not quite the title just yet. That's 3 ranking finals in a row he has now lost since last season's PTC Grand Final, and also the Masters. But I reckon he'll win a title soon enough.

All in all then, very happy for Ding, and you could clearly see how much it meant to him at the end of the match with that huge celebretion.

Congrats Ding on a absolutely brilliant tourney from start to finish. :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Postby Lucky

SnookerFan wrote:Ding should've run up to Robbo and gone; "Yeeeees!", just to taunt him.

Dings got class.......non of this pre meditated bull. A bit of spontaneous celebration is cool. But worzel has it planned out, he thinks it give him character and a personality.....he's wrong.

Postby Roland

Nothing wrong in Robbo celebrating. What was wrong about it is Tom Ford calling him an idiot out loud in front of the crowd. But Robbo got his revenge there by effectively saying in his presser that he knew Ford would bottle it.

Postby Casey

Sonny wrote:Nothing wrong in Robbo celebrating. What was wrong about it is Tom Ford calling him an idiot out loud in front of the crowd. But Robbo got his revenge there by effectively saying in his presser that he knew Ford would bottle it.

Ha! I didn't hear Ford say that, if was a big win to get to the final - the guy has a right to celebrate.

Postby SnookerFan

Casey wrote:
Sonny wrote:Nothing wrong in Robbo celebrating. What was wrong about it is Tom Ford calling him an idiot out loud in front of the crowd. But Robbo got his revenge there by effectively saying in his presser that he knew Ford would bottle it.

Ha! I didn't hear Ford say that, if was a big win to get to the final - the guy has a right to celebrate.

I didn't notice that bit either. rofl (I'm not suggesting it didn't happen, I had dived out of the room to do some washing up in the time between the two matches, so may have missed it.)

I think the reason some people don't like it is because it's perceived as one of those politenesses of the game, like calling a foul on yourself.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
I think the reason some people don't like it is because it's perceived as one of those politenesses of the game, like calling a foul on yourself.

that's a myth

Sonny showed a match from 81 where Steve Davis was almost celebrating a fluke that he got in a world final.

Alex Higgins shouted out "im bucking back" after beating Steve Davis in 1985.

showing emotion about something that your excited about is a individual thing for a player and if other players gets upset by that then tough rubbish.

its always gone on just not as widespread as other sports look at Darts they always shout out or Football after scoring a goal and its accepted it really is pathetic all this snooker players shouldnt do that when the rest of the sporting world does it and nobody says nothing about it.

Postby Simone

Wild WC wrote:
Jewell wrote:Seriously, though, Ding really is a wonderful breakbuilder. I think he'll beat Hendry's centuries record if Ronnie doesn't do it first.

there's more tournaments these days so there will be others too that could overhaul hendry's century tally.

Ding certainly continues the legacy of Stephen Hendry in terms of a pack-splitting marvellous. Ding´s really awesome splitting the pack off the blue, particularly. <ok> <ok> <ok> :mex:

Ding´s now 25 years of old. He already has well over 200 centuries and is it 5 147´s now.

Hendry´s records are 775 centuries and 11 147´s. And soon we have Ronnie back to continue from 678 centuries and also 11 147´s.

Postby hendry_fan

Wild WC wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

that's a myth

Sonny showed a match from 81 where Steve Davis was almost celebrating a fluke that he got in a world final.

Alex Higgins shouted out "im little kittens playing back" after beating Steve Davis in 1985.

showing emotion about something that your excited about is a individual thing for a player and if other players gets upset by that then tough donkey doo.

its always gone on just not as widespread as other sports look at Darts they always shout out or Football after scoring a goal and its accepted it really is pathetic all this snooker players shouldnt do that when the rest of the sporting world does it and nobody says nothing about it.

Absolutely Wild WC!. <ok>

I still haven,t seen Robbos ranting,fist-pump display he did when he beat Ford,but i agree that if certain players want to show there emotions,then they should.

The players have to remain quiet,they have to fully concentrate,the game demands tremendous mental strength and the pressure there under can be very tough when they,re playin,so a bit of rantin and fun n games when they win should,nt be regarded as bein "unpolite"!.

Besides,some rant on that most players are like robots theeeeese dayyyys,and that there are few charchters in the game,no bl**dy wonder if they aren,t even <allowed> to show there emotions when they,ve won!. <doh>

If a bit of fist-pumping,knuckle bangin on the table,rantin n ravin does,nt add a bit o spice to the game,then,good ridance = :rip: :?
Last edited by hendry_fan on 18 Mar 2013, edited 1 time in total.

Postby hendry_fan

Well,i,ve just watched the decider between Robbo n Ford.

Robbos winning rant was maybe a wee bit over the top but it was harmless all the same,one can see the funny side of it. :chuckle: :-)

It has to be said though,....Ford had a good few chances to win that decider,he blew a few easy pots and played a few loose safety as well.

If the dumpling had of made more of his chances,then he,d of sent Robbo packin and there would,nt have been any,"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS",fist-pumpin or antics from Robbo in the first place!.