Post a reply

ITV4

Postby SnookerFan

I appreciate this is one of my trademark old news stories, but the World Snooker website got round to finally confirming what had been known/suspected for a long while now that the Champion of Champions is going to be on ITV4.

I have to say I am especially pleased with that. The more channels that want to show snooker the better, in my opinion. (Especially when it comes to freeview channels such as ITV4.)

I, for one, thought the coverage of Haikou was pretty good. And am looking forward to the format being released. :D

Re: ITV4

Postby Wildey

Its clear to see ITV is fast emerging as a Major Partner in Matchroom Sport Portfolio of Events and no longer is Sky the dominant force regarding Barry Hearn Run Sports.

Which is great to see.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Its clear to see ITV is fast emerging as a Major Partner in Matchroom Sport Portfolio of Events and no longer is Sky the dominant force regarding Barry Hearn Run Sports.

Which is great to see.

I have nothing against sport being on Sky, but I think in the case of snooker which is trying to expand and create new fan bases, we need as much of it on channels like the BBC and ITV4.

The BBC commentators can be a bunch of monkeys at times, but it's important for the sport to have a presence on terrestrial television.

Postby Casey

I thought the final was to be over 23/25 frames? It says on the World snooker website it's best of 19.

Postby PLtheRef

I can sum it up here

PLTHEREF wrote:Best of 25 Frames is good news (if it happens) but I don't know how they're going to fit a run of 12/13 unless the Shot clock is in operation. Particularly without an interval

Remember how the International was going to be best of 21?

It was never going to be anymore than 19 IMO

Postby SnookerFan

simplysnooker wrote:Shootout and the Seniors

When is The Seniors? I quite enjoyed going to Portsmouth last year.

Postby SnookerFan

Another betting company then. :-D

Still, it's better than a few years back when we had no sponsors at all. We'd have loved one industry to be swamping us with sponsorship in those days.

Postby SnookerFan

I'm tempted to buy tickets to this. Though the lack of MSI is putting me off a bit. The people sat watching need piss-breaks and all. :?