Mark J Williams 4-6 Mark Selby
Joe Perry 5-6 Stuart Bingham
Shaun Murphy 3-6 Neil Robertson

Semi Finals

Mark Davis 7-4 Mark Selby
Stuart Bingham 4-7 Neil Robertson

Re: SangSom 6-red World Championship 2-7 Sep

Postby Wildey

Neil Robertson wins his 9th match of the week to book his place in the final against Mark Davis who has won this title before, he won last year and also won the Irish version of 6 red World Championship in 2009 but Robertson is making his debut in 6 red snooker.

Postby snookerfan97

After having watched a few games this week i must say this tournament is a really bad one.Small crowds with no atmosphere, the worst coverage i have ever seen in snooker( don't know what cameras they are using but it looks awful), wrong choice of TV matches during the group stage and early knockout rounds, introductions that last for half an hour (it seems that the MC has to introduce every single member of the crowd), and this are small setbacks compared to the game itself.IMO six reds is good for amateurs like me, because it can sometimes make the frames shorter and more fun, but for professionals the game is a lottery, and generally a pro doesn't miss(pockets are huge btw).I can't understand why they don't organize a ranking event or at least an invitational event in Thailand, and prefer this really poor tournament to a proper event.

Postby Wildey

ironically Mark Davis was one of the most outspoken players against Barry Hearn and nobody has benefited more than Mark Davis from the new era.

Postby roy142857

Interesting comment re Thailand from IBSF committee member Mohammed Kammah "The number of volunteers is amazing, everyone had a smile on his or her face and doing their best to give a wonderful championship. Well done Thailand."

Not something we notice or think about whilst watching on TV, but he's obviously impressed with the volunteers who helped at the event.

Postby SnookerFan

snookerfan97 wrote:After having watched a few games this week i must say this tournament is a really bad one.Small crowds with no atmosphere, the worst coverage i have ever seen in snooker( don't know what cameras they are using but it looks awful), wrong choice of TV matches during the group stage and early knockout rounds, introductions that last for half an hour (it seems that the MC has to introduce every single member of the crowd), and this are small setbacks compared to the game itself.IMO six reds is good for amateurs like me, because it can sometimes make the frames shorter and more fun, but for professionals the game is a lottery, and generally a pro doesn't miss(pockets are huge btw).I can't understand why they don't organize a ranking event or at least an invitational event in Thailand, and prefer this really poor tournament to a proper event.

I didn't watch much of this tournament, and didn't watch much of the previous ones. But the odd frame I did see, it seemed to have the opposite effect of what was intended.

I think the idea that as there were fewer reds, the frames would be over quicker. But the frames I watch end up in more safety, because the players are more worried about making a mistake.

Was this true generally, or did I just happen on the ultra-defensive frames?