Post a reply

Re: Championship League Discussion !!

Postby Andre147

Just watched it, Murphy was never in any major trouble, superbly controled cannons to develop the reds and great position on them. :hatoff:

I'm just surprised that since this tourney began in 2008 there haven't been a lot more 147s made, it's a relaxed event, no spectators and it's just like they're practicning at the club or at home, so a bit surprising this is the first one made. Mind you, a lot more may come in this event.

Postby Roland

Just seen it. Nice break, never in trouble. Typical Murphy break too, everything in the open just how he likes it.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Paul Collier‏@welshref
Didnt referee a maximum break in first 20 years on the main tour, now done 3 in under 2 years! Like buses....... #Murphy147

Postby GJ

Robbo on fire

3 tons v perry

63 for the season

:D :D :D

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:Robbo on fire

3 tons v perry

63 for the season

:D :D :D

Imagine if Robbo can't win this group and keeps hanging on like Mags did last year until the last Group, the 7th... Robbo with his scoring capabilities and with this tourney may well reach 100 tons this season... After the UK Champs I totally forgot he entered this tournament too, so now even more of a chance to able to achieve that amazing feat. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Think he made 16 in 2010 and Selby made 17 in 2012. If he keeps up the pace and doesn't go through to the winners group this week or next, he could a decent amount.

Postby randam05

Three massive tonne clearances from robertson! Perry only managed to score 8 points in one frame! Must have been unbelievable is it available to rewatch somewhere on youtube?

Dont know why people slate this tournament!

Just seen murphys available on youtube!

Postby Skullman

randam05 WC wrote:Dont know why people slate this tournament!

Think it's because it's basically in practise conditions and it takes up space in the calendar for other things. Plus it's the only event where losing can be beneficial.

Postby Roland

That's the main one, reach the final and tank for a chance to earn extra cash. I'm not saying they do it but the opportunity is there. Judd stormed it yesterday looking at the results then lost in the final so he gets the chance to do it all again. In the first one Carter played in nearly every group.

Postby Wildey

randam05 WC wrote:Dont know why people slate this tournament!

SIMPLE

its a load of crap

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 8th of January

11am
Judd Trump 3 - 0 Allister Carter
Mark Davis 2 - 3 Shaun Murphy

Followed by
Neil Robertson 3-1 Barry Hawkins
Joe Perry 3-1 Judd Trump

Not before 2pm
Allister Carter 3-1 Mark Davis
Shaun Murphy 2-3 Neil Robertson

Followed by
Barry Hawkins 1-3 Joe Perry
Judd Trump 3-1
Mark Davis

Not before 6pm
Allister Carter 0-3 Shaun Murphy
Neil Robertson 3-0
Joe Perry

Followed by
Mark Davis 2-3 Joe Perry
Barry Hawkins 0-3
Shaun Murphy

after day 1 of Group 2 Shaun Murphy leads the way with 3 wins from 4 Matches played but Neil Robertson is undefeated having played 3 Matches conceding 3 frames and Mark Davis is in Danger of a early defeat losing all 4 of his matches but not eliminated yet All to play for during day 2.

Thursday 9th of January

11pm
Judd Trump v Barry Hawkins
Allister Carter v Neil Robertson

Followed by
Shaun Murphy v Joe Perry
Mark Davis v Barry Hawkins

Not before 2pm
Allister Carter v Joe Perry
Judd Trump v Neil Robertson

Followed by
Mark Davis v Neil Robertson
Allister Carter v Barry Hawkins

Followed by
Judd Trump v Shaun Murphy

Not before 6pm
Semi Finals
1st v 4th
2nd v 3rd

Followed by
The Final

Postby Skullman

Judd, Perry, Robbo and Smurph are guaranteed semi finalists.

Just jockeying for position now, Judd can overtake Perry for first in the group, currently being second, while Smurph can overtake Robbo and Judd for second.

So the semis could be

Judd v Smurph
Perry v Robbo, if Judd wins the last group match

or

...Perry v Robbo
Smurph v Judd if Smurph wins :|

while Mavis will progress to Group 3 and Carter and Hawkins are relegated.

Postby SnookerFan

Skullman wrote:Judd, Perry, Robbo and Smurph are guaranteed semi finalists.

Just jockeying for position now, Judd can overtake Perry for first in the group, currently being second, while Smurph can overtake Robbo and Judd for second.

So the semis could be

Judd v Smurph
Perry v Robbo, if Judd wins the last group match

or

...Perry v Robbo
Smurph v Judd if Smurph wins :|

while Mavis will progress to Group 3 and Carter and Hawkins are relegated.

It's all getting exciting. :|

Postby Wildey

Thursday 9th of January

11pm
Judd Trump 3-1 Barry Hawkins
Allister Carter 1-3 Neil Robertson

Followed by
Shaun Murphy 1-3 Joe Perry
Mark Davis 3-0 Barry Hawkins

Not before 2pm
Allister Carter 1-3 Joe Perry
Judd Trump 3-1
Neil Robertson

Followed by
Mark Davis 3-0 Neil Robertson
Allister Carter 3-1 Barry Hawkins

Followed by
Judd Trump 3-1 Shaun Murphy

6pm
Semi Finals
Judd Trump v Shaun Murphy
Joe Perry v Neil Robertson

Followed by
The Final
Judd Trump/Shaun Murphy V Joe Perry/Neil Robertson

Postby GJ

a few dodgy shot choices in the decider

i think the 100 tons is on his mind

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:a few dodgy shot choices in the decider

Yeah loses 3-2 and goes to Group 3 and therefore unless he has a breakbuilding collapse (by his standars of course) for the rest of the season the 100 tons looks very promissing indeed. :hatoff:

Postby Skullman

Perry smashes Judd in the group final, winning 3-0 with Judd's aggregate score being less than 10. :hatoff:

Looks like Judd's game plan went off without a hitch then.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:a few dodgy shot choices in the decider

Yeah loses 3-2 and goes to Group 3 and therefore unless he has a breakbuilding collapse (by his standars of course) for the rest of the season the 100 tons looks very promissing indeed. :hatoff:

yea

i don't give a toss if players are trying to lose so they get another chance or not the fact its even a option is wrong.

Postby Andre147

Perry plays some good snooker in that Group 2 Final to defeat Trump 3 nil, his 2nd straight group Final loss. Can Judd do a Mags feat like last season in this event? rofl :wave:

As Skull pointed out though in his well studied graphs, this results for both Walden and Perry may not have much significance in the Masters and end up losing in the first round of Last 16, like often happens.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump loses to Joe Perry 3-0

2 Finals equals 16 matches played with minimum 6 to go

so far Judd has earned £9,500 with Group 3 still to come.

Winner of Group 1 Ricky Walden on £6,100 and Winner of Group 2 Joe Perry on £6,300

Postby Andre147

Mags last season played from Group 2 until the 7th, reaching 4 Group Finals and actually earned more money or pretty close to it anyway than eventual CL winner Gould.

So yeah Wild this system is a bit of a farce really, but anyway. This tourney was once nedeed when there were about 6 rankers in a season with lots of free time in between them, but with all the increase in tourneys we have nowadays, it's completly pointless, but the players don't mind, paid practice.

Postby Andre147

And I checked it and actually last season Mags won believe it or not £24,600, with CL winner Gouldy a mere £26,717 <laugh>

Postby Dan-cat

Sheesh this thread is hard to find, please Mr Moderator can it be one of the hot topics on the home page?

I've just started watching this on youtube, I had no idea the streaming had multiple cameras and Clive and Dave in the box! Ace!!

Postby Blavdes

Judd looks in incredible form going into the Masters, I think he's just taking advantage of the silly way this tournament is structured, like others have said if the option for the tournament to be abused is there then it shouldn't exist. That is sporting integrity 101.

Postby Wildey

Blavdes wrote:Judd looks in incredible form going into the Masters, I think he's just taking advantage of the silly way this tournament is structured, like others have said if the option for the tournament to be abused is there then it shouldn't exist. That is sporting integrity 101.

Masters is a totally different kettle of Fish than playing in this event.

Postby Blavdes

Wildey wrote:
Blavdes wrote:Judd looks in incredible form going into the Masters, I think he's just taking advantage of the silly way this tournament is structured, like others have said if the option for the tournament to be abused is there then it shouldn't exist. That is sporting integrity 101.

Form is form, he's been consistent, focused and scoring heavily he looks like a contender.

Postby Wildey

Blavdes wrote:
Wildey wrote:

Form is form, he's been consistent, focused and scoring heavily he looks like a contender.

Judd wants to entertain the crowds but in CL there is no crowds so that is not a consideration for him and there's less pressure of the like he puts on himself.