Post a reply

Re: Snooker Shootout 2014

Postby PLtheRef

There's a seeding revision after the UK's so I guess that's when it'll occur with the top 64 getting invites with players from 65 onwards picking up invites for those top 64 who don't want to enter.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Ali Carter ‏@TheCaptain147 On talk sport tonight doing the shootout draw.. Should be crack!

Postby Roland

I can't believe the most random event on tour is seeded. What a joke!

Postby GJ

Quite a few top players havnt entered

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I can't believe the most random event on tour is seeded. What a joke!

i hope its just so everyone knows which number ball represents which player

Postby bluelagoon

Go(u)ld... always belieeeeeeeve ... meets Ding in round 1. Ebdon vs. McLeod should be a fast shoot-out firework!

Postby PLtheRef

Wildey wrote:
Sonny wrote:I can't believe the most random event on tour is seeded. What a joke!

i hope its just so everyone knows which number ball represents which player

Always was going to mean that. If the draw was seeded then they'd may as well bracket it.

Postby roy142857

Just for the record.

The players who were qualified but didn't enter are: Neil Robertson, Judd Trump, Marco Fu, Liang Wenbo, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Yu Delu, Liu Chuang, James Wattana.

Out of the 64 qualifying positions, could have taken a spot because of other players not entering, but did not enter: Pankaj Advani.

The players out of the top 64 qualifying positions but benefiting from other players not entering: Robbie Williams, Adam Duffy, Ian Burns, Barry Pinches, Thepchaiya Un-Nooh, Luca Brecel, Liam Highfield, Paul Davison.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump would like Snooker to be played in a atmosphere similar to Darts .....They put on a tournament with that atmosphere and for the second year in a row he doesn't enter.

Postby Roland

Just to clarify the "seedings" were for ball numbers only and I guess the number the player wears on his shirt, otherwise it's random draw.

Mind you I'm not 100% on that, was it 64 in a hat or 32 in one hat and 32 in the other? How does the KO draw look?

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:Judd Trump would like Snooker to be played in a atmosphere similar to Darts .....They put on a tournament with that atmosphere and for the second year in a row he doesn't enter.

<doh> rofl rofl :wave:

Yeah absolutely, he should just shut up saying donkey doo things like that and play.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 PGC wrote: <doh> rofl rofl :wave:

Yeah absolutely, he should just shut up saying donkey doo things like that and play.

That's Trump for you, he's a tit. <laugh>

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Martin Gould ‏@GouldyBalls147 Bit gutted to hear ding has pulled out of shoot out so I now playin zhang anda

Postby conors9

Seems to have slipped under the radar with the UKs and Masters, anyone pick a winner?

Il be loyal and say Gilbert, but may as well pull it out of a hat.

Postby Wildey

Blavdes wrote:Is this on ITV?

No it is on Sky Sports

Postby SnookerFan

Silly question. What's this event like? It's one of those things that seems to have literally been on a weekend I have been busy an unable to watch almost every year since it started. I have seen bits and bobs on You Tube, but have never had the time/opportunity to sit down and watch the whole weekend.

I remember getting back from a weekend away the first year it was televised, and people raving about it like it was the next big thing. However reception has somewhat cooled since then.

As I no longer have Sky Sports, is this tournament worth me going out of my way to watch? Eg. Should I camp out the whole weekend round somebody's house who has Sky Sports just to watch it, or is it just gimmick filled nonsense?

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Silly question. What's this event like? It's one of those things that seems to have literally been on a weekend I have been busy an unable to watch almost every year since it started. I have seen bits and bobs on You Tube, but have never had the time/opportunity to sit down and watch the whole weekend.

I remember getting back from a weekend away the first year it was televised, and people raving about it like it was the next big thing. However reception has somewhat cooled since then.

As I no longer have Sky Sports, is this tournament worth me going out of my way to watch? Eg. Should I camp out the whole weekend round somebody's house who has Sky Sports just to watch it, or is it just gimmick filled nonsense?

The last thing anyone wants is for some lardbucket to be "camped out" round their house, munching donuts and being glued to the telly.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Silly question. What's this event like? It's one of those things that seems to have literally been on a weekend I have been busy an unable to watch almost every year since it started. I have seen bits and bobs on You Tube, but have never had the time/opportunity to sit down and watch the whole weekend.

The last thing anyone wants is for some lardbucket to be "camped out" round their house, munching donuts and being glued to the telly.

your going on my bucking tits you have buck all constructive to say just nit picking constantly and taking swipes at other posters .

either shape up or buck off <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:your going on my bucking tits you have buck all constructive to say just nit picking constantly and taking swipes at other posters .

:shrug: He don't bother me.

To be fair, I wind him up on the football thread.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:your going on my bucking tits you have buck all constructive to say just nit picking constantly and taking swipes at other posters .

:shrug: He don't bother me.

To be fair, I wind him up on the football thread.

dont give a toss if it offends anyone it stops now it bores me to buck and he is on a warning any more he is gone.

Postby PLtheRef

Got to say, I rather fancy my chances in this prediction contest so far

Postby Wildey

Friday 24th of January

6pm

Matches 10 Minutes Duration

Zhang Anda v Martin Gould
Cao Yupeng v Mark Selby
Anthony Hamilton v Ali Carter
Barry Hawkins v Rod Lawler
Luca Brecel v Ben Woollaston
Mark King v Mark Joyce
Nigel Bond v Jamie Jones
Fergal O’Brien v Dominic Dale
Liam Highfield v Stephen Maguire
Alfie Burden v Paul Davison
Dave Harold v Jamie Cope
Robbie Williams v Jack Lisowski
Mike Dunn v Tom Ford
David Gilbert v Anthony McGill
Michael White v Barry Pinches
Jimmy White v Jimmy Robertson

Saturday 1st of February

12pm

Mark Williams v Mark Allen
Rory McLeod v Peter Ebdon
Stuart Bingham v Joe Perry
Jamie Burnett v Dechawat Poomjaeng
Kurt Maflin v Marcus Campbell
Adam Duffy v Matthew Stevens
Gerard Greene v Xiao Guodong
Peter Lines v Michael Holt
Ian Burns v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Ricky Walden v Mark Davis
Rob Milkins v Shaun Murphy
Graeme Dott v Aditya Mehta
Matt Selt v John Higgins
Ken Doherty v Alan McManus
Andrew Higginson v Tian Pengfei
Steve Davis v Ryan Day

6pm

Last 32 Random Draw

Sunday 2nd of February

2pm

Last 16 Random Draw

7pm

Quarter Finals Random Draw
Semi Finals Random Draw
Final

Postby edwards2000

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote: <doh> rofl rofl :wave:

That's Trump for you, he's a tit. <laugh>

I am guessing Trump wants a genuine pub atmosphere event. Like darts. Not a token gesture more alike to a circus, where absolutely ANY pro can win. I agree with him. It would do the game a whole lot of good to be able to have at least one meaningful ranking event to be in a more welcoming environment. I don't understand why he is being rounded on for that? If you were loaded, would you turn up to an event that was first to 1 frame, knowing that you could be going all that way for naff all? Darts players don't have to put up with it, and nor should snooker players.

Postby Roland

By more welcoming environment do you mean with shot clock so both sets of fans are happy?

Postby edwards2000

Sonny wrote:By more welcoming environment do you mean with shot clock so both sets of fans are happy?

It couldn't hurt to have some variety on tour. :D And it would certainly be better than cheap crap like Shoot Out and that silly league.

But no, you can have a more welcoming environment without a shot clock. At the moment though, all we are getting is the same stale nonsense. Forcing players to wear ties is just an example of where this game's mentality is at. Newcomers to snooker are not going to be impressed by the rather old fashioned etiquette.