Post a reply

Re: Championship League Discussion !!

Postby Muppet147

Robbo can win a few meaningless frames in this tinpot excuse for a tournament. When it comes to the world championship though, he will be thrashed by the real number one O'Sullivan.

Postby Wildey

Muppet147 wrote:Robbo can win a few meaningless frames in this tinpot excuse for a tournament. When it comes to the world championship though, he will be thrashed by the real number one O'Sullivan.

ill save that quote for future reference <ok>

Postby Muppet147

Wildey wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:Robbo can win a few meaningless frames in this tinpot excuse for a tournament. When it comes to the world championship though, he will be thrashed by the real number one O'Sullivan.

ill save that quote for future reference <ok>

You do that. It will be such a huge surprise if the five times world champion beats the Chunder from Downunder again.

Postby GJ

Macs :hatoff:

A sudden drop in form from robbo between semi final and final :lol:

Postby Skullman

Well now, it'll be a qualification for the CoC instead. Anyway it's still around because it makes WS, Barry Hearn and the bookmakers money (somehow).

PS I don't think Robbo could've thrown this final. Even if he was intending to, Mags didn't give him the opportunity, especially in the last two frames.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Well now, it'll be a qualification for the CoC instead. Anyway it's still around because it makes WS, Barry Hearn and the bookmakers money (somehow).

PS I don't think Robbo could've thrown this final. Even if he was intending to, Mags didn't give him the opportunity, especially in the last two frames.

if they let Stephen Lee play and split the Cash that could be another way they could make Money.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 22nd of January

11am
Ryan Day 1-3 Shaun Murphy
Neil Robertson 3-1 Matthew Stevens

Followed by
Mark Selby 1-3 Stephen Maguire
Tom Ford 1-3 Ryan Day

Not before 2pm
Shaun Murphy 2-3 Neil Robertson
Matthew Stevens 3-2
Mark Selby

Followed by
Stephen Maguire 3-1 Tom Ford
Ryan Day 1-3 Neil Robertson

Not before 6pm
Shaun Murphy 3-1 Matthew Stevens
Mark Selby 3-0 Tom Ford

Followed by
Neil Robertson 2-3 Tom Ford
Stephen Maguire 3-2
Matthew Stevens

Thursday 23rd of January

11pm
Ryan Day 2-3 Stephen Maguire
Shaun Murphy 3-2
Mark Selby

Followed by
Matthew Stevens 3-2 Tom Ford
Neil Robertson 2-3 Stephen Maguire

Not before 2pm
Shaun Murphy 1-3 Tom Ford
Ryan Day 3-0
Mark Selby

Followed by
Neil Robertson 1-3 Mark Selby
Shaun Murphy 2-3 Stephen Maguire

Followed by
Ryan Day 3-1 Matthew Stevens

Not before 6pm
Semi Finals
Stephen Maguire 3-2 Ryan Day
Neil Robertson 3-1 Shaun Murphy

Followed by
The Final
Stephen Maguire 3-0 Neil Robertson

Stephen Maguire won 8 Matches losing nothing to win Championship League 4.

Mark Selby finished in 5th place so he will be returning in February for another Crack at it.

But Matthew Stevens and Tom Ford are eliminated.

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image

Group 5 10th and 11th of February
Group 6 12th and 13th of February
Group 7 3rd and 4th of March
Winners Group 5th and 6th of March

Group 5 Players

Neil Robertson
Ryan Day
Shaun Murphy
Mark Selby
Marco Fu
John Higgins
Dominic Dale

DRAW

Postby SnookerFan

Anybody seen this Twitter conversation? I'm sure it'll get a reaction.

Dominic Dale ‏@spaceman147 7h Gotta fly home at 6am. Pointless going to bed now really. Championship league Monday morning. I will need the paramedics after that.

David Hendon ‏@davehendon 7h at least the food's nice at Crondon Park

rofl <doh>

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Anybody seen this Twitter conversation? I'm sure it'll get a reaction.

Dominic Dale ‏@spaceman147 7h Gotta fly home at 6am. Pointless going to bed now really. Championship league Monday morning. I will need the paramedics after that.

David Hendon ‏@davehendon 7h at least the food's nice at Crondon Park

rofl <doh>

All food tastes nice if it's free, eh Dave?

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:Another Dave Hendon twitter attack.

David Hendon ‏@davehendon ·1m
Shaun Murphy starts group 5 of Championship League with a century #burnout

And another uninteresting tweet is posted. Are you stalking this man?

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:And another uninteresting tweet is posted. Are you stalking this man?

No more than you are to me. Everything I post, you reply saying something insulting. <laugh>

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:And another uninteresting tweet is posted. Are you stalking this man?

No more than you are to me. Everything I post, you reply saying something insulting. <laugh>

That is only right, given that you are an insult to the intelligence.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:

Soon he'll start on the food jokes <yawn> don't feed the troll </yawn>

Besides, it was interesting. Making a century after no sleep and flying back from Poland is remarkable.

I was screaming yesterday for Murphy yesterday to make that second max, imagine having that in the records books - 2 in one day. About as likely to be beat as Ronnie's 5 mins 20 seconds

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:

Besides, it was interesting. Making a century after no sleep and flying back from Poland is remarkable.

I was screaming yesterday for Murphy yesterday to make that second max, imagine having that in the records books - 2 in one day. About as likely to be beat as Ronnie's 5 mins 20 seconds

Very impressive. I wonder if he'll struggle later on when the adrenalin has worn off.

Postby Sickpotter

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Jimmy White did a max followed by a 146 in consecutive frames.....IMO we're more likely to see 2 max in a day happen before someone beats the 5min 20sec record of ROS.

Postby SnookerFan

Sickpotter wrote:Jimmy White did a max followed by a 146 in consecutive frames.....IMO we're more likely to see 2 max in a day happen before someone beats the 5min 20sec record of ROS.

Didn't Mark Allen get a 146 at the world championship a few years back, and it was the first time it had happened at The Crucible?

They reckon they are less frequent, because if you're on for a maixmum you tend to try for the blacks no matter how difficult. It's not often a player knocks in 15 reds, 14 blacks and 1 pink.

Postby Dan-cat

Sickpotter wrote:
Jimmy White did a max followed by a 146 in consecutive frames.....IMO we're more likely to see 2 max in a day happen before someone beats the 5min 20sec record of ROS.

Yup you are prob right on that one. <Runs off to the bookies to lay it on ROS>

Postby Skullman

Semi finals for this group are Murphy v Day and Dale v Fu. Higgins is fifth and survives in the next group.

Selby and Robbo eliminated regardless of the result of their match. Looks like Robbo will have to make the rest of centuries in real events.

He's already made 86 so far and has broken the record for most centuries made in a single tournament (22 beating 17 in 2012 CL made by Selby), but Hendry's 16 in the 2002 Worlds is still the target to beat in terms of tournaments that matter.

Postby GJ

I think robbo has had enough cl matches good time to drop out now back to proper ranking matches.

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:I think robbo has had enough cl matches good time to drop out now back to proper ranking matches.

And enough of his ridiculous CL tons... 18 or 19 by my reckoning in the CL. Although it is fenomenal scoring, if it wasn't for CL and his group after group losses he wouldn't be on 86 tons this season and instead some odd 65 or 66 tons.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 PGC wrote:
GJ wrote:I think robbo has had enough cl matches good time to drop out now back to proper ranking matches.

And enough of his ridiculous CL tons... 18 or 19 by my reckoning in the CL. Although it is fenomenal scoring, if it wasn't for CL and his group after group losses he wouldn't be on 86 tons this season and instead some odd 65 or 66 tons.

Postby Andre147

And WN1 and WN2 Robbo and Selby finishing both bottom in this Group :wave: a bit surprising, but anyway.