Topic locked

Re: Crucible Countdown 2014

Postby Cannonball

Murphy, Ding, Selby, Robertson.[/quote]

A lot of semi final action from those guys in the last two years at the crucible.[/quote]

There's been a lot of final action from some bloke called Ronnie in the last two years but apparently he can't win it! I don't remember those four making a World Final recently for some reason but they will win it apparently!

Total loss of logic with this vodka thing. His logic really boils down to I don't like Ronnie so I've bet against him. Comedy. Despite that other greats have done three in a row. But Ronnie will bottle it of course, like last year and the year when he took a whole season off...

Postby vodkadiet

Cannonball wrote:Murphy, Ding, Selby, Robertson.

A lot of semi final action from those guys in the last two years at the crucible.[/quote]

There's been a lot of final action from some bloke called Ronnie in the last two years but apparently he can't win it! I don't remember those four making a World Final recently for some reason but they will win it apparently!

Total loss of logic with this vodka thing. His logic really boils down to I don't like Ronnie so I've bet against him. Comedy. Despite that other greats have done three in a row. But Ronnie will bottle it of course, like last year and the year when he took a whole season off...[/quote]

I assume you will be here on May 6th when you have your tail between your legs? :-)

What is your forfeit sunshine?
Last edited by vodkadiet on 19 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cannonball

vodkadiet wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Murphy, Ding, Selby, Robertson.

A lot of semi final action from those guys in the last two years at the crucible.

Total loss of logic with this vodka thing. His logic really boils down to I don't like Ronnie so I've bet against him. Comedy. Despite that other greats have done three in a row. But Ronnie will bottle it of course, like last year and the year when he took a whole season off...[/quote]

I assume you will be here on May 6th when you have your tail between your legs? :-)

What is your forfeit sunshine?;[/quote]

Not really, because I didn't say Ronnie wouldn't or would win it. My mind is still open on that one. I cannot see a convincing argument nor any logic in your prediction though. You can't call it and simply list a group of players who haven won it twice between them all, the same as Ronnie has won it over the last two years. And these guys haven't made a final in how long? There's more chance of these guys bottling it than Ronnie if form at the Worlds over the last two years is anything to go by. I haven't put money on Ronnie because the odds are too low but I won't bet against him either because we all know he's flippin brilliant and we know he's in terrific form as well. I'm no fool either way, unlike you!

Postby Paddpotter

vodkadiet wrote:
Paddpotter wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:O'Sullivan's chances have been hugely overrated. He is on a hiding to nothing this year. He won't handle this increased pressure. This Steve Peters influence is also overrated. It will be very pleasurable seeing the shock on fanboys and pundits faces when it all comes crashing around O'Sullivan. I wouldn't be surprised if he lost tomorrow.

How can his chances have been hugely overrated when he has won it two years in a row and this year won the Masters, Welsh, and champion of champions?? He handles pressure better than any player I have seen apart from Higgins and Hendry.

There are plenty of reasons why he won't win it this year year but you are offering a very limited opinion of this. In fact you are talking rubbish

Rubbish that has earned me a lot of money over the years. Keep dangling the carrot boy. :-D

Al right mate I expected better on this website. bur alright carry on

Postby Andy Spark

Cannonball wrote:
rofl I hadn't seen that smilie before, ah. You've cracked me up. Is this snookers answer to Spandau Ballet?

The limp wrist smilie? I'm a bi guy, I think that it's a little non politically correct (i.e. some would not like it), but I don't mind. :-)

Postby vodkadiet

If Hull wins against O'Sullivan this place will be devoid of half of its members. :-D

Postby vodkadiet

Andy Spark wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
rofl I hadn't seen that smilie before, ah. You've cracked me up. Is this snookers answer to Spandau Ballet?

The limp wrist smilie? I'm a bi guy, I think that it's a little non politically correct (i.e. some would not like it), but I don't mind. :-)

You're greedy Andy! :D

Postby Andy Spark

vodkadiet wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:
Cannonball wrote:

You're greedy Andy! :D

Being bi is greedy?.....hmm.... in an ideal world maybe. Unfortunately life and society have their own ways...(sorry I'm going off topic)

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:If Hull wins against O'Sullivan this place will be devoid of half of its members. :-D

Maybe, you won't get rid of me though even if Ronnie loses 10-0 today so :wave:

I'll always be around, with Ronnie or no Ronnie :-D, because firstly I'm a fan of Snooker, Ronnie comes in 2nd place.

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:If Hull wins against O'Sullivan this place will be devoid of half of its members. :-D

I'll always be around, with Ronnie or no Ronnie :-D, because firstly I'm a fan of Snooker, Ronnie comes in 2nd place.
If Ronnie loses 0-10 I'll be in a state of shock and unable to contribute for around a year. :?

Postby Andre147

Andy Spark wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

If Ronnie loses 0-10 I'll be in a state of shock and unable to contribute for around a year. :?

Well I would be in total shock too but I would still be around here and post, Vodka will never get rid of me here. :-D

Postby Andre147

Anyways, better get to bed now, don't want to oversleep and miss the start of Ronnie's 10 a.m session <laugh>

Nighty night :zzz:

Postby Andy Spark

Andre147 PGC wrote:Anyways, better get to bed now, don't want to oversleep and miss the start of Ronnie's 10 a.m session <laugh>

I can't sleep, I am too excited about the start of World Snooker. :-) :sheep:

Postby Paddpotter

Andy Spark wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Anyways, better get to bed now, don't want to oversleep and miss the start of Ronnie's 10 a.m session <laugh>

I know Foulds has made a case for Trump but I don't see that. To me it's between O'sullivan, Ding, Murphy, Hawkins, Robertson and Bingham

Postby Andy Spark

Paddpotter wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:

I know Foulds has made a case for Trump but I don't see that. To me it's between O'sullivan, Ding, Murphy, Hawkins, Robertson and Bingham

Yes...you are probably right. To be honest I love snooker but can't help falling on old habits and at this time of night I tend to get preoccupied with my back and my general viewpoint on life...hmm...

Postby Wildey

1 hour and 11 minutes until Break Off

Postby Wildey

LOL Hawkins and Bingham

Postby hendry_fan

Ken Doherty will win this and become the world snooker champion for the second time. :happy:

Postby Jester82

Llllllllllllleeeeeeets get rrrrrrrrready to rumbleeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Postby mantorok

Ronnie opening up the WC for the second year in a row.

Say what you will about the man but that will boost viewings alone.

I don't know much about hull but I predict 10-2 win for o'sullivan.

Postby Skullman

:wave: SI. Might pop out in the evening to catch up on the day's play.

GL Hull and Mags. May the best man win the others.

Postby Cannonball

mantorok wrote:Ronnie opening up the WC for the second year in a row.

Say what you will about the man but that will boost viewings alone.

I don't know much about hull but I predict 10-2 win for o'sullivan.

I don't think it will be a walkover. Most players open up slowly in the first round, nerves and all that. We rarely get players in top gear. They usually just want to get one on the board.

Good morning everyone, and welcome to Ronnie's backyard.

ROCKET!

Postby Cannonball

Wildey wrote:http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140419T10&p0=1316&fg1=000&msg=Dafabet+World+Snooker+Championship&csz=1

Love it!

ROCKET1

Postby Wildey

the countdown is complete to the opening day of the 38th year of the Crucible.

Many on here wasent even Born when John Spencer won the inaugural championship back in 1977 but have grown up knowing how special the Crucible is for Snooker so here we go