Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sat April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
snookerfan97 wrote:Barry Hearn has just said that on Wednesday he will be announcing changes to the World Championship format next season.

I hope you're kidding

Because it's broken, Bazza needs to fix it. Over-engineering again, here we go.

Probably only some minor changes. Moving it to China, flat 128 draw, best of 11 all the way through... :roll:

Don't forget the 20 second shot-clock.

Postby TheRocket

Unfortunately I couldn't watch the first session :( but after seeing the 7:2 result and some of the comments here it seems that Ronnie did his job well and is up for the challenge of winning his sixth title.

However, don't wanna distract from the current games. Gonna watch the Maggie Day game.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I can't see Murphy winning this match comfortably which many here predicted him to do.

Depends how many easy balls Cope will miss, because in recent times he misses many sitters that cost him important frames against the top players.

Postby Cannonball

Ray Reardon: Hello, is Barry Hearn there please?
Baz: Yes, Barry Hearn speaking.
Ray: Oh, hello Barry, it's Ray here.
Baz: Ray who?
Ray: Ray Reardon.
Baz: Do I know you?
Ray: We met a long time ago, when I won six world snooker titles.
Baz: That Ray, gotcha now. What can I do for you?
Ray: I heard you're doing wild cards for any World Champion with six titles or more. And I read that you're doing the final on a one frame Pot Black format.
Baz: Yes, it's to get Hendry and Davis back into snooker through the back door. Clever isn't it?
Ray: It's great. So will I get a wildcard as a 6 times champion, I was thinking of swinging the old wood and leather again. I did like a bit of Pot Black.
Baz: Erm, Ray, erm.....................................

Postby Wildey

Shaun Murphy 3-2 Jamie Cope
Stephen Maguire 2-4 Ryan Day

Maguire opened frame 7 with a 56 break but Day is on a counter attack but hes out of possition on a break of 32 but he potted a difficult red to keep the break going chance for 5-2

Postby Jester82

TheRocket wrote:Day missed a big chance there to go 5:2 up, now a safety battle.
On the other table it seems that Murphy is gonna pull away, match is fully under his control.

You are watching both matches?

Postby TheRocket

Jester82 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Day missed a big chance there to go 5:2 up, now a safety battle.
On the other table it seems that Murphy is gonna pull away, match is fully under his control.

Yep , but more focussed on the Maguire Day match.

Postby Jester82

TheRocket wrote:
Jester82 wrote:

Yep , but more focussed on the Maguire Day match.

I did that as well this morning, one on the telly and the other on my laptop. Unfotunately, one can't log in twice on Eurosport to watch both streams, don't know why. But this gave me a headache. So I decided to watch one match now. :-)