Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sat April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
TheRocket wrote:First frame definitely gonna be key as usual. If Ronnie wins it, it could be 10:2 in no time. If not, it could be indeed 10:4 or 10:5 at the end.

SO is right, when Ronnie has abig lead he usually shares the next session 2 all.

All patterns of course, but he can also win 10-2 in no time at all.

I hope he wins 10-3. <ok>

For predicts? <laugh>

Yes. :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:Carter v Goudong is a very interesting match tonight.

How do you see that one going?

Goudong is a player very capable of causing an upset, but Carter knows this and he usually plays very well here so it could be a cracking match.

I look forward to this one. Let's hope Ronnie gets the job done quickly so we can enjoy this intriguing encounter. Carter has to be favourite with all his experience and his great run in China. Xiao on the other hand has gone off the boil a bit lately.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 PGC wrote:Carter v Goudong is a very interesting match tonight.

How do you see that one going?

Goudong is a player very capable of causing an upset, but Carter knows this and he usually plays very well here so it could be a cracking match.

If you look at Carters performances this season, even though he played ok in China you must say that Xiao's chances are not bad but Carter knows how to play in the Crucible so I think his experience is bringing him over the line but it could be tough for him.

Postby Cannonball

If the seeds fall in the first round, you'll get Vodka and co. coming on here (simply to take an underhand pop at Ronnie) saying snooker is weak and Ronnie doesn't have any proper opponents and he's got an easy draw and route. Nothing to do with the younger players putting the older, established seeds to bed or anything rational and logical like that......... :john:

Postby Cannonball

AC or LT? wrote:Can any of the stats-mad knowitalls on here help me out with these questions?

How many matches have been pulled off for overrunning at the crucible?

What are the longest session and longest match at the crucible?

Not sure but it almost certainly involves Cliff Thorburn and Ebdon.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Think many always underestimate Ali Carter. We've picked out matches in recent years, where we go he could be tested in this one, he might lose this one, but he never does. His Crucible record speaks for itself, he has been very solid in Sheffield in recent years, and being a two time runner up proves that.

Xiao Guodong though, I really hope he takes to the Crucible like a duck to water, it's about time he qualified, and it's about time he proved his quality on the biggest stage of them all. I hope he gives Ali Carter a match, because he certainly has the talent.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Robin Hull will make a miraculously comeback tonight and go on to defeat Michael holt in the final.

You heard it here first.

Vodka version 2 rofl rofl rofl rofl :wave:[/quote

Hello Vodka, parents letting you stay up late lad? rofl

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Like I said, Ronnie always shares the frames in the second session if he has a good lead. He did it against Ding, Selby and Campbell in the last 12 months.

You're right SO but nevertheless he looks a little bit nervy out there but I mean, at the end it doesn't matter, just win the frames, no matter how.