Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Sat April 19th) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Like I said, Ronnie always shares the frames in the second session if he has a good lead. He did it against Ding, Selby and Campbell in the last 12 months.

You're right SO but nevertheless he looks a little bit nervy out there but I mean, at the end it doesn't matter, just win the frames, no matter how.

Yeah that's the most important thing.

And he always looks rusty in opening rounds of the Worlds, he'l improve when asked. <ok>

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Good lad Ronnie

10-4 please

Ali :hatoff:

prediction talk to stay in predictions not here

it got pathetic last year and it has nothing at all to do with the tournament which this thread is about.

Postby AC or LT?

Cannonball wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
AC or LT? wrote:Robin Hull will make a miraculously comeback tonight and go on to defeat Michael holt in the final.

You heard it here first.

Vodka version 2 rofl rofl rofl rofl :wave:[/quote

Hello Vodka, parents letting you stay up late lad? rofl

What hapenned to vodkadiet anyway?

I haven't been on here in a while.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
GJ wrote:Good lad Ronnie

10-4 please

Ali :hatoff:

prediction talk to stay in predictions not here

it got pathetic last year and it has nothing at all to do with the tournament which this thread is about.

Yeah I agree Wild.

Last year many including me were refering to that a bit too much, but yeah it has sod to do with the tourney itself.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie rarely seems to lose more than 2 frames in a row nowadays. He has become such a superb match player these last couple of years. He only lost one session at the Crucible for two years now.

Yeah absoutely SO.

As I said, he'll improve when asked, but it's not as if he's been awful to lead 9-4, he has just missed a few that you obviosuly expect from a first round.

Postby Cannonball

TheRocket wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Like I said, Ronnie always shares the frames in the second session if he has a good lead. He did it against Ding, Selby and Campbell in the last 12 months.

You're right SO but nevertheless he looks a little bit nervy out there but I mean, at the end it doesn't matter, just win the frames, no matter how.

He's said before that he sometimes lacks motivation to do what he is capable of. I think when it gets a bit pedestrian, or scrappy and he's in front, he switches off a little, not a lot, but enough to give the other guy a chance. I wonder if he likes early to bed, early to rise and running in the morning. Is he turning into an afternoon player?
Last edited by Cannonball on 19 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Cannonball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He's said before that he sometimes lacks motivation to do what he is capable of. I think when it gets a bit pedestrian, or scrappy and he's in front, the switches off a little, not a lot, but enough to give the other guy a chance. I think he's turning into an afternoon player. I wonder if he likes early to bed, early to rise and running in the morning. Is he turning into an afternoon player?

It's funny actually because before he took Running seriously he couldn't play well in morning and afternoon sessions, but now it's the opposite in fact, and I'm glad because he will have a lot of afternoon sessions along this tournament.

Postby Cannonball

Andre147 PGC wrote:
Cannonball wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He's said before that he sometimes lacks motivation to do what he is capable of. I think when it gets a bit pedestrian, or scrappy and he's in front, the switches off a little, not a lot, but enough to give the other guy a chance. I think he's turning into an afternoon player. I wonder if he likes early to bed, early to rise and running in the morning. Is he turning into an afternoon player?

It's funny actually because before he took Running seriously he couldn't play well in morning and afternoon sessions, but now it's the opposite in fact, and I'm glad because he will have a lot of afternoon sessions along this tournament.

Same thing happened to me. I wrote a Ph.D. in the evenings/night but these days, mornings are ok, whereas before they were merely for contemplation, and afternoons are the best. I'd much rather play snooker before dinner than after it now. Age!

I think he does the school run as well, and that's a 7am start.
Last edited by Cannonball on 19 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Well, not vintage Ronnie but he didn't have to.

He'll improve as the tourney goes on, like he always does.

A word also goes for Hull, after his health problems it's amazing he managed to reach the Crucible, but was unfortunate to run into the heavy favourite here.

I do hope Hull continues to play well and reach venue stages, he's a good player and a good breakbuilder.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 PGC wrote:Well, not vintage Ronnie but he didn't have to.

A word also goes for Hull, after his health problems it's amazing he managed to reach the Crucible, but was unfortunate to run into the heavy favourite here.

I do hope Hull continues to play well and reach venue stages, he's a good player and a good breakbuilder.

I'm sure Robin Hull will appreciate you patronising him. <ok>

Postby Jester82

Hull has shown good character, but chanceless against a well playing Ronnie in the Eve season. Though, he was stronger this morning.
On the other table, the Captain has to turn in some effort. It's not so impressive so far.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Well, not vintage Ronnie but he didn't have to.

I'm sure Robin Hull will appreciate you patronising him. <ok>

Somehow I knew someone would say something like that <laugh>

But it's true nevertheless.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Looks like Carter has come to play. For me he is favourite to beat Selby in the next round, if they meet.

I won't say the favourite but unlike many say I think he has a great chance of beating Selby, and I hope he does.

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:Let's hope for another ROS v Carter final.

Carter certainly has a chance of reaching the final. He's like a completely different player every time he plays here at the Crucible. I just can't quite understand why can't play like this in all the other tournaments.

His health problems are well documented. Maybe that's a reason why he doesn't do well consistently. That said, it's not like he hasn't won elsewhere.