Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Mon April 21st) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Holden Chinaski wrote:I feel bad for Ding. That fluke was terrible.

But well done Wasley.

It was yeah, but Ding is a top guy and congratulated Wasley there.

Ding threw everything he could, but it just wasn't enough.

Postby Andre147

Ill have to watch that decider again and in particular where that last red would have landed had it not gone in the left middle, I reckon it would have been on for Ding.

Of course we'll never be 100% sure but that is a bad way to lose, but that's Snooker, it's not like 8 ball Pool for instance where that would have been a foul.
Last edited by Andre147 on 22 Apr 2014, edited 2 times in total.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

That's why I love Snooker, even though the quality of the top players hasn't been that great so far, the drama has been absolutely incredible. Four deciders in two days, is just brilliant.

The final frame in the Ding v Wasley match has to be one of the best I've seen, that was compelling viewing, that's what Snooker is all about...incredible congrats to Michael.

Postby Andy Spark

...and surprise surprise Ding Junhui loses before the quarter-finals...again! :roll: This is NOT a big shock, because it's happened every year bar twice.

BTW that sound you heard when Wasley fluked the last red is the sound of loads of money that's keeping snooker afloat in the east going down the drain. :-(

Postby Andy Spark

GJ wrote:How many other players would have been so warm in defeat after losing to a fluke

Ding :hatoff:

Yes, Ding was sportsmanlike. It was great entertainment but feel gutted for the Chinese each time Ding loses early and I knew it would be hard this year with the burden of expectation.

Postby Andre147

I just hope Wasley doesn't get knocked out next round...

And it's nothing to do with Ronnie having an easy draw or whatever, but wouldn't it be great if we had a semi between Wasley and Ronnie... :-)
Last edited by Andre147 on 22 Apr 2014, edited 1 time in total.