Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Mon April 21st) Last 32 !!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 PGC wrote:I just hope Wasley doesn't get knocked out next round...

And it's nothing to do with Ronnie having an easy draw or whatever, but wouldn't it be great if we had a semi between Wasley and Ronnie... :-)

He will probably be favourite in his next match against Davis or Dale. He can certainly win that one. But Hawkins / Walden will be super tough...

Postby Andy Spark

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andy Spark wrote:OK, Now for the "burn out" debate to start again.

Where?

Well the official origin was snookerbacker on one of his blogs, but he said it would kick off once Ding or Robertson got kicked off the Worlds early.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:Wasley on Talksport now :D

Could you give a summary? :-)

Well basically what he said was he was obviosuly delighted to have beaten the player who has won 5 rankers this season, and Andy Goldstein asked him if he had played that red to left middle, he said it was a "half-fluke" because he knew playing it that way there was always a chance of that happening, but his main intention was obviosuly getting red safe, fluke and position on black was a massive bonus.

He also said he was actually more nervous on the final pink than on the frame ball blue, but he wasn't too worried when Ding got the snookers, and he appreciated the kind words Ding said to him like handling the pressure well.

And that was about it.

Postby vodkadiet

Ding Junhui was terrible. He should throw his cue in the rubbish bin after losing to that amateurish ball basher. Any title contender worth his salt would have beaten that joke of a player 10-2 or 10-3. Hang your head in shame Ding Junhui.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Ding Junhui was terrible. He should throw his cue in the rubbish bin after losing to that amateurish ball basher. Any title contender worth his salt would have beaten that joke of a player 10-2 or 10-3. Hang your head in shame Ding Junhui.

Learn how to respect other players FFS <doh>

He isn't a ball basher or anything like that, he fully deserves his win and he handled the pressure really well, had that fluke but those are part of the game of Snooker.

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Ding Junhui was terrible. He should throw his cue in the rubbish bin after losing to that amateurish ball basher. Any title contender worth his salt would have beaten that joke of a player 10-2 or 10-3. Hang your head in shame Ding Junhui.

He isn't a ball basher or anything like that, he fully deserves his win and he handled the pressure really well, had that fluke but those are part of the game of Snooker.

He is a ball basher with no depth to his game. His second round match with Davis and Dale will be an awful spectacle. I won't watch any of it.

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

He is a ball basher with no depth to his game. His second round match with Davis and Dale will be an awful spectacle. I won't watch any of it.

While you're at it don't watch the rest of the tournament <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

It is none of your f*cking business what I watch and when I watch it. :-D

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Better still, you will see Ronnie winning his 6th World Title then so :wave:

But yeah do as you please <ok>

Postby Andre147

vodkadiet wrote:Andre

I am sorry to tell you this, but O'Sullivan doesn't care if you live or die. <ok>

And why should he Vodka? rofl

He's just my favourite player, nothing else, everyone has their favourites but ultimately my main favourite will always be Snooker, as it should be with everyone else. <ok>

Postby Cloud Strife

Lol, Ball basher? You've been spending too much time on MensTennisForums.

Anyway, each to his own.

Regarding your thoughts on Ding Junhui, I do agree with you. If you're a genuine title contender, like Ding supposedly was, you do not lose to players like Michael Wasley, with all due respect. That is a fact.

This defeat raises some serious question marks about Ding's ability to win this event in the future.

Postby Andre147

I do agree that with the dream season Ding had, what better chance than this to win the World Title? If not now after that brilliant season, then when?

Of course I know many will say Hendry for instance in that 1991 season he didn't win the World Title, so maybe Ding's best chance will come when he hasn't won many titles that particular season.

Burnout though is out of the question here, but it's very intesresting to note prior to this season Ding could only really play his A game in the UK, now it's the total opposite, he plays his A game abroad and especially in China.

At the Masters, UK and Worlds this season, plus the CoC he had terrible runs in all of those, well apart from UK but even that one wasn't very good, so he needs to sort things out.

But yeah it does raise some serious question marks on Ding, and along with Jimmy White he may go down as the best player never to win a World Title, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Postby Jester82

vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Andre147 PGC wrote:

Feck You, you ferocious hammer! Get some sportsmanship!

Wasley showed fecking character, what a sublime break to equalize and the red in the decider which led him to the black was absolutely marvellous. Great snooker entertainment from this young lad.
What irritated me, was, Wasley went for the difficult red in the green pocket- bad judgement call- and Ding overlooked the red to right pocket down, which was pottable to me. Nevertheless, great piece of Snooker to witness. :bowdown:
I am so happy for Wasley, he deserved it so much for his fighting spirit.

Postby Jester82

Andre147 PGC wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Andre

I am sorry to tell you this, but O'Sullivan doesn't care if you live or die. <ok>

And why should he Vodka? rofl

He's just my favourite player, nothing else, everyone has their favourites but ultimately my main favourite will always be Snooker, as it should be with everyone else. <ok>

You can love the game of Snooker without admiring O'Sullivan.
There are plenty of other players.
And honestly, a match like Ding Wasley with a decider can't be replaced by match with O'Sullivan involved.
Those close matches are more worth reveling this sport and atmosphere than an O'Sullivan moment.