Topic locked

Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 19th of April~Monday 5th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Today sees the World no 1 and former champion Neil Robertson starting out against debutant Robbie Williams and the battle of the veterans Mark Davis starts out against Dominic Dale. .

Judd Trump is holding a 6-2 lead over Tom Ford and hoping to make short work of the morning session.

In Marco Fu v Martin Gould mark 3 Marco has a 6-3 lead hoping to avenge the 2 times Gould has beaten him in round 1 and in a Tough match Mark Allen leads Michael Holt 5-4 overnight.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Wednesday 23rd of April

10am

**Barry Hawkins 5-4 David Gilbert Never Played Before
**Judd Trump 6-2 Tom Ford 3-3

2.30pm

**Marco Fu 6-3 Martin Gould Marco Fu leads 5-3, in WC Gould leads 2-0
Neil Robertson v Robbie Williams Robertson leads 1-0

7pm

Mark Davis v Dominic Dale Dale leads 4-3
**Mark Allen 5-4 Michael Holt 1-1

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Wed April 23rd) Last 32 !!

Postby Andre147

Trump will finish the job quick, 10-4 win at the most.

Gilbert v Hawkins could still take a while, but Dave has to start well though.

And Fu has gone a bit unnoticed arund here but so far I think he has played the best snooker of the tournament so far, and Gouldy wasn't bad either so it just shows how well Fu actually played there to lead 6-3.

Postby PLtheRef

Day Four - 10/31 Matches played
A change in the lead on a slow day for scoring

52 RANDAM05 WC 7 - 1
52 CLOUD STRIFE 7 - 1
52 DRLOG147 7 - 1

50 WILDEY 6 - 3
50 GJ 6 - 3
50 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 6 - 1
48 SAVOMILOSEVIC 7 - 0
48 ALEX0PAUL 6 - 2
48 JMAL1 6 - 2
48 SLOWJOE 6 - 2
48 SUNDAYGIRL 6 - 2
46 SKULLMAN 6 - 2
46 JADECHELSEA 6 - 1
46 THECLEAVER 6 - 1
39 HOLDENCHINASKI 5 - 3
38 MEDHI99 6 - 0
38 NICE_SHOES_KEN 5 - 1
38 ANDRE147 5 - 1
36 SNOOKY147 5 - 1
36 KOLOMPAR 5 - 1
36 CONORS9 5 - 0
36 PLTHEREF 5 - 0
34 GNOMY 5 - 0
32 JDM375 4 - 1
32 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 4 - 1
32 SMART 4 - 1
28 AYRSHIREBHOY 4 - 0
24 VODKADIET 4 - 0
20 AC OR LT? 2 - 1

Maximum score 108

Day Table
18 RANDAM05 WC
14 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER
10 THECLEAVER
10 JMAL1
10 GJ
8 SMART
8 SLOWJOE
8 SAVOMILOSEVIC
8 JADECHELSEA
8 DRLOG147
6 NICE_SHOES_KEN
6 MEDHI99
6 GNOMY
6 CLOUD STRIFE
0 WILDEY
0 VODKADIET
0 SUNDAYGIRL
0 SNOOKY147
0 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE
0 PLTHEREF
0 KOLOMPAR
0 JDM375
0 HOLDENCHINASKI
0 CONORS9
0 AYRSHIREBHOY
0 ANDRE147
0 ALEX0PAUL
0 AC OR LT?
0 SKULLMAN

Just to prove the point

Postby PLtheRef

Alex0paul wrote:Interestingly Fu lead Gould 6-3 last time with both players winning the exact same frames in that session too. Gould to win 10-8 then to repeat history

Hasn't he led 6-3 both times they've met?

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Interestingly Fu lead Gould 6-3 last time with both players winning the exact same frames in that session too. Gould to win 10-8 then to repeat history

Hasn't he led 6-3 both times they've met?

in 2010 Marco Fu was leading 5-4

Postby Simone

JDM375 wrote:Still expect Fu to go through, he's been playing well and Gould has had a poor season.

Yes, Marco played a really good snooker during the first session! I am not suprised at all that Ding´s already out, and Marco going really strong. Even Ding has had all those titles this season, you can just tell he still posses those quiet big temperament problems which has more or less caused him getting ousted already.

Meanwhile, The Essex Exocet Ronnie O´Sullivan, blessed with the most insane soft touch the sport has ever witnessed, takes on a fellow englishman Joe Perry tonight.

Postby Wildey

Simone wrote:
JDM375 wrote:Still expect Fu to go through, he's been playing well and Gould has had a poor season.

Yes, Marco played a really good snooker during the first session! I am not suprised at all that Ding´s already out, and Marco going really strong. Even Ding has had all those titles this season, you can just tell he still posses those quiet big temperament problems which has more or less caused him getting ousted already.

Meanwhile, The Essex Exocet Ronnie O´Sullivan, blessed with the most insane soft touch the sport has ever witnessed, takes on a fellow englishman Joe Perry tonight.

Ronnie plays tomorrow night

Postby Cannonball

Simone was just hoping, like me. Ah, it seems so long to wait. Still, it gives Ronnie time to have a wee look around the practice room at the players - "he's done, he's got a bit left, he's well overcooked!" lol.

Since Saturday, the standard has been below par. Some close finishes, but nothing I would call that exciting; close between players who aren't playing well. Today should promise some fireworks. You'd have thought that Judd and Robbo could play some shots, finish in one visit, score tonnes. In theory. Let's hope so.

Postby SnookerFan

Cannonball wrote:Simone was just hoping, like me. Ah, it seems so long to wait. Still, it gives Ronnie time to have a wee look around the practice room at the players - "he's done, he's got a bit left, he's well overcooked!" lol.

Since Saturday, the standard has been below par. Some close finishes, but nothing I would call that exciting; close between players who aren't playing well. Today should promise some fireworks. You'd have thought that Judd and Robbo could play some shots, finish in one visit, score tonnes. In theory. Let's hope so.

I enjoyed Mags vs Day. And what I saw of Ali Carter vs Xiao Guodong. I thought Xiao looked pretty good for a debutant.

Also the first session of Allen vs Holt had some drama, and though I expect Mark Allen to turn the screw tonight, whatever happens it'll be worth watching. :spot on:

Postby Cannonball

PLtheRef wrote:Day Four - 10/31 Matches played
A change in the lead on a slow day for scoring

52 RANDAM05 WC 7 - 1
52 CLOUD STRIFE 7 - 1
52 DRLOG147 7 - 1

50 WILDEY 6 - 3
50 GJ 6 - 3
50 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE 6 - 1
48 SAVOMILOSEVIC 7 - 0
48 ALEX0PAUL 6 - 2
48 JMAL1 6 - 2
48 SLOWJOE 6 - 2
48 SUNDAYGIRL 6 - 2
46 SKULLMAN 6 - 2
46 JADECHELSEA 6 - 1
46 THECLEAVER 6 - 1
39 HOLDENCHINASKI 5 - 3
38 MEDHI99 6 - 0
38 NICE_SHOES_KEN 5 - 1
38 ANDRE147 5 - 1
36 SNOOKY147 5 - 1
36 KOLOMPAR 5 - 1
36 CONORS9 5 - 0
36 PLTHEREF 5 - 0
34 GNOMY 5 - 0
32 JDM375 4 - 1
32 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER 4 - 1
32 SMART 4 - 1
28 AYRSHIREBHOY 4 - 0
24 VODKADIET 4 - 0
20 AC OR LT? 2 - 1

Maximum score 108

Day Table
18 RANDAM05 WC
14 BORIS_THE_BUTCHER
10 THECLEAVER
10 JMAL1
10 GJ
8 SMART
8 SLOWJOE
8 SAVOMILOSEVIC
8 JADECHELSEA
8 DRLOG147
6 NICE_SHOES_KEN
6 MEDHI99
6 GNOMY
6 CLOUD STRIFE
0 WILDEY
0 VODKADIET
0 SUNDAYGIRL
0 SNOOKY147
0 SNOOKER OVERDRIVE
0 PLTHEREF
0 KOLOMPAR
0 JDM375
0 HOLDENCHINASKI
0 CONORS9
0 AYRSHIREBHOY
0 ANDRE147
0 ALEX0PAUL
0 AC OR LT?
0 SKULLMAN

Just to prove the point

Vodka has been telling us that he's made a lot of money from betting on snooker you know. And we can see why. rofl

Postby Cannonball

SnookerFan wrote:
Cannonball wrote:Simone was just hoping, like me. Ah, it seems so long to wait. Still, it gives Ronnie time to have a wee look around the practice room at the players - "he's done, he's got a bit left, he's well overcooked!" lol.

I enjoyed Mags vs Day. And what I saw of Ali Carter vs Xiao Guodong. I thought Xiao looked pretty good for a debutant.

Also the first session of Allen vs Holt had some drama, and though I expect Mark Allen to turn the screw tonight, whatever happens it'll be worth watching. :spot on:

Xiao was a fillip. Anyone whose name starts with an 'X' has to be interesting; he's got the X factor. lol.

Postby PLtheRef

Skullman wrote:Ford closes to 5-6 (I'm not good with puns).

Meanwhile, Hawkins takes five in a row to go 7-4 up on Gilbert.

Ford very fuel efficient at the moment, little time wasted in getting the first three frames in a far quicker pace than yesterday

Postby Cannonball

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Dont jinx tom ford
The choke is nearer than you think

Tom Ford, are you sure? Surely it's Barry Elliot from the Chuckle Brothers?