Topic locked

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Friday April 25th) Last 16 !

Postby GJ

0-3 to 9-7 Ricky will be delighted

Did great to win 5in a tow but Hawkins is quality so was bound to win a few frames in the session.

Postby PLtheRef

Well played Selby, responded well to Carter's fast start and from 5-1 up never looked in any sort of danger which is what you need going into a World Championship campaign, 13-9 a good test for him. He'll be a big favourite for his quarter-final whoever he plays

Postby Cannonball

Just wondering if folk see similarities between the Robbo of today and Hendry in his prime in terms of set-up and technique? I watched Hendry's first 147 and then a Robbo video and I was, wow, they do look similar.

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:Get in there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont like carter never have im glad the moaner has lost

Didn't you say a "real" snooker fan likes all players?

no i said Most players.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

no i said Most players.

Ok.

You also said you were going to walk around wales with a dafodil up your bottom.

Postby Skullman

Just noticed a pattern. Every season since 2007, whenever Selby wins a ranker, he never makes it past the last 16 of the Worlds (Lost first round in 2008 and 2012, and last 16 in 2013), but whenever he doesn't win a ranker he makes it to the quarters at least (final 2007; quarters 2009, 2011, 2014 so far, and semis 2010)

:chin:

Postby Wildey

Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

no i said Most players.

Ok.

You also said you were going to walk around wales with a dafodil up your bottom.

i did walk around the house with curtains open the Woman next door has never been the same since

Postby Holden Chinaski

Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:

no i said Most players.

Ok.

i did walk around the house with curtains open the Woman next door has never been the same since

Lol

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ok.

FFS Just when I thought I got that image out of my head, people bring it up again. :gag:

your ok just think about me putting it up my bottom lol

Postby Roland

It's been a day of anxiety at the Crucible. Selby, Ronnie, Carter, Hawkins all looking anxious. Apparently Selby was happy in his press conference, just knew he had to share the frames in sessions 2 and 3 to get over the line. I mean whenever Carter got to within a couple he pulled away again but I remain to be convinced. I think he lacks a ruthless instinct that Robertson has in abundance.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild, you should give Carter more credit. His achievements demand respect. Ali made more World Finals than Selby and won just as many ranking titles. He performed well at the Crucible for years now.

I remember his last 16 match in 2007 against Stephen Hendry who made the UK final that season. Ali hammered him, Stephen looked devastated after Carter lead him after the second session 12-4.