Topic locked

Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16 !!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Saturday 19th of April~Monday 5th of May at The Crucible Theatre, Sheffield

Middle Saturday at the crucible and Judd Trump starts his second round match with Ryan Day and another Welshman Dominic Dale takes on debutant Michael Wasley.

But the Big story is can Ronnie O'Sullivan overturn a fantastic performance by Joe Perry who is leading 9-7 over night to book his place in the Quarter Finals and Last years beaten finalist Barry Hawkins has it all to do against Ricky Walden to get through to the Quarter Finals once again.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Saturday 26th of April

10am

**Ronnie O'Sullivan 7-9 Joe Perry O'Sullivan leads 10-2
Alan McManus 4-3 Ken Doherty McManus leads 16-8

2.30pm

**Barry Hawkins 7-9 Ricky Walden Walden leads 8-7
Judd Trump v Ryan Day Trump leads 3-2

7pm

Dominic Dale v Michael Wasley Never Played Before
**Alan McManus 4-3 Ken Doherty McManus leads 16-8

** Denotes Final Session of a Match

Re: Dafabet World Championship (Saturday April 26th) Last 16

Postby Wildey

JDM375 wrote:Will McManus-Doherty attempt to play 9 frames in the morning to catch up or will it be 8?

Thats a good Question and i dont really know the answer to it 100% but my guess they will only play 7 anyway lol

Postby GJ

Wildey wrote:
JDM375 wrote:Will McManus-Doherty attempt to play 9 frames in the morning to catch up or will it be 8?

Thats a good Question and i dont really know the answer to it 100% but my guess they will only play 7 anyway lol

:lol:

Postby JDM375

Wildey wrote:

Hence the word attempt. :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 PGC wrote:But really if they have the time to finish 9 frames surely WS would allow them to?

I also don't expect they will, but that would be a sensible decision.

in all seriously i think in the past it has been 8 because in a best of 25 it could go all the way to 25 frames however if its 10-5 after 8 frames the second session they would prefer to keep that 1 extra frame back for the deciding session.

Postby Andre147

A good pattern (if we can call it one) is the last time Ronnie trailed 9-7 in a Best of 25 match at the Crucible he won 13-10, happened in 2006 against Ryan Day.

Hopefully more of the same this time :-D

Postby Roland

Yeah Hawkins doesn't appear to be in the form he was last year but I still expect him to win tomorrow.

I think if Perry finishes off Ronnie then the winner of that half will come from the Murphy/Fu match and I'm tipping Marco for that one. Thinking back to the International final against Ding, that's what Fu is capable of and to be quite honest, if he plays like that he could end up winning the title. He's my tip for the top half unless Ronnie suddenly rediscovers his form which on today's performance is starting to look unlikely.